Thanks

Chicago Figure Drawing

Hey Guys,
    For all of you Chicago people, or even people passing through chicago who are looking for a good place to do figure drawing, check out the Palette and Chisel.

Its an artists group that has open figure drawing and painting. The schedule is posted on their website along with other details.

www.paletteandchisel.org

For people in the chicago area who are looking for a place to do figure drawing, I highly reccommend it.

Phil

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Swear to god, I just found this place today. I'm going to pick up a 10 shot pass for the figure drawing classes. Have you attended this at all, and if so how is the atmosphere? Do lots of people come to these or is it a small group?

Thanks
    Something to shoot for when I'm old enough...
    Don't just practice. Also Practice the right things, the right way.

Thanks
    strych9ine- the place is great. I've been a member for about a year now and go at least once a week. For members its 90 bucks every three months, or a dollar a day. Its totally worth it. They have really good models who, for the most part, know what they're doing. The sessions range anywhere from 4 to 15 people, depending on the day. With two sessions per day. The crowd isn't typically very young. Most people are over 40 or so. I'm 25 so its not unusual for me to be the youngest person there. But its cool because everyone is really serious about drawing.

I feel like I'm pimping this place really hard but it is cool.

On New Years Day, Memorial day and labor day they have marathon drawing sessions from like 9 am until 9 pm. Its raally tiring and a cool experience.

Pencil Soldier- They don't have an age limit there. As long as people are mature about it, they don't care. They even have classes for high school people. They'd be all right with having you there.

Thanks
    I'm definitely down with that. So I buy a membership for 90 bucks, then I'm free to go anytime I want for the three months? I heard it was like 10 bucks a session or something, but even that doesn't sound bad to me.

Either way, you'll probably see me there soon enough, I've been looking all around for something like this and this sounds like the best one. Be sure to see you around man.

Thanks
    So the way it works is that they have open sessions. For non-members, its $10 a session or you can by 10 sessions for $75. For members its $90 every three months. To become a member you have to apply by filling out an application and submitting a few slides. This really is a technicality though. They just want to make sure you're serious about art and don't want to just stare at naked people.

I'm hoping to be there this saturday. It starts at 1:30.

Phil

Thanks
    Wait, so they don't want people who just stare at boobs and old man balls? Damn.

I think I may buy the 10 session pass first to test the waters a bit, it sounds cool as hell. There's a good chance I'll show up this Saturday, and if not this one the next. Any trains run near the area (and what stop)? Thanks for filling me in on this bro...

Thanks
    Thats cool that they don't have an age limit. Step two, find a ride...ahh the challenges of youth. :p
    Don't just practice. Also Practice the right things, the right way.