Thanks

My book release for Marlsbeth!

First time in the lounge... I wanted to say THANK YOU to all the creative juices flowing through this place! I've been working on this Fantasy novel for several years now and it now dawn's the light of day... I hope to perhaps inspire with words, the artists who inspired the visions that have helped inspire me.

The official release isn't until 8/7, but I thought I would share this with all of you. More to come, including the official website, facebook, etc. I will be posting Chapters 1 and 2 in PDF on the website soon!

PublishAmerica is proud to announce the recent release of Steve Sims's new book: Marlsbeth!

We are offering you an opportunity to secure your personal copy of Steve Sims’s exceptional book today. Please click here: MARLSBETH to secure your copy of the book*, then click Add to Cart. For an introductory discount of 20%, use this coupon code: Discount20.

Thank you for your interest in our author's wonderful achievement.

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    The main purpose of this wasn't to sell books, but to share with you as you have shared with me. I will be more than happy to hear comments after the first two chapters are published for free to the website... Thanks good people of CA!

Thanks
    Cool. So... what's the premise?

Jordan Beeston
    Sketchbook Livestream Infinity Wars
    Blessed are they who see beautiful things in humble places where other people see nothing. - Camille Pissarro

Quote Originally Posted by kev ferrara View Post
    We do transmutational yoga and eat alchemy sandwiches and ride flying unicorns of esoteric freudian solipsism while googling anthropology. Whee!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Beeston For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thank you Beeston, I appreciate you asking. To elaborate a bit, Marlsbeth is what I could only describe as a epic adventure, inspired by so many things. I would say it has more of a classic literature tone, not written for children, in style or word usage.

I haven't been inspired or swayed by any modern fantasy, other than art. I believe that sets it apart. This has been the last 5 or so years of my life! I hope to have the official site up soon and Chapter 1 and 2, in PDF format for all to download and hopefully enjoy...

This is my brief synopsis:

Marlsbeth was a land devout to the ideals of the mighty twin kingdoms, until an age when darkness prevailed. The will of a malevolent soul threatened the very existence of man, and from the underbelly of an earthly realm pervaded the bid of the Shadows Claw.

Summons of the wizard bound the meek ranger of Green Wood to quest, and reclaim that which was lost. Banion sought the allies of a loyalist union and against the Dark Armies of Lord Gim hoisted their efforts.
    You can expect mighty beasts, men of virtue, dark and sinister figures, and a broad world of diverse settings and characters. It is a journey of discovery.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,049 Times in 686 Posts
    Watch your back with PublishAmerica.

Known scam. Listed on predators & editors.

Just an fyi.
    Last edited by OmenSpirits; July 5th, 2011 at 12:21 AM.
    "Everything must serve the idea. The means used to convey the idea should be the simplest and clear. Just what is required. No extra images. To me this is a universal principle of art. Saying as much as possible with a minimum of means."
    -John Huston, Director

Thanks
    Thanks, I thoroughly investigated before signing with them. Most complain as a result of not understanding what they are doing. I had my contract terms edited from the default. And you'd also see that any of the complaints I have seen are quite old as well. Any questions I have had, they have answered.

Thanks
    Cool.

Good luck.
    "Everything must serve the idea. The means used to convey the idea should be the simplest and clear. Just what is required. No extra images. To me this is a universal principle of art. Saying as much as possible with a minimum of means."
    -John Huston, Director

10. The Following User Says Thank You to OmenSpirits For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanks! I'm excited... I will post an update when the website is up and Chapter 1 and 2 are available.

Thanks
    Also, look into pubbing it as an ebook on kindle.

I know the usual size companies put out books, & given (if I'm correct) this my be your first book, I'll be a hard sell in paper format, and less likely to sell from an unknown. For $1.99 or even $.99, a reader may be more inclined to give it a try since the investment is so small.
    -John Huston, Director

13. The Following User Says Thank You to OmenSpirits For This Useful Post: