Thanks

Talking Shameless Plug!!!!

Hello everyone!! Well, as the subject says, this is a shameless plug for my newly up-dated website! I'm Kev Crossley and my site can be found here:

www.kevcrossley.com

It's just been updated for the first time in nearly a year, so please drop by and have a look in the 'New Work' section. Much of this work represents my first professional illustration work, and although the response so far has been mostly positive, any advice or criticism would be gratefully received.
    Hope you like it!!!

Kev

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    ok,
    this post should be in coolest links section or in your sig...
    on your site i see works for Aliens and Lotr, are they, as u said in your post, pro or it's fan art ??
    nice work indeed
    I'm a manky artist, don't mess with me

Thanks
    There is an entire section of this forum to post new finished work.

The Lounge isn't the place for this.

-toasty =)

Thanks

Hmmm

..oh, okay. I'm afraid I'm a bit rusty at this message forum thing, so if you could point me to the best thread for this sort of thing, I'd be grateful! I just saw the bit about; 'this is the place for introductions' and figured this was the place to post!!!!

As for the Aliens and LOTR illustrations, none of these have been published, and are a mixture of private commissions and 'done for the hell of it' pictures. After years of practice, I have finally begun winning work within the fantasy art industry, and the first published work is in the 'New Work' folder of my site. I'm currently working on several colour covers, and a host of interior illustrations, which explains the predominantly b&w nature of the work.

Thanks for the commenst dudes! :chug:

Thanks
    Originally posted by Toaster
    There is an entire section of this forum to post new finished work.

The Lounge isn't the place for this.

-toasty =)

The subtitle of the forum is "Post introductions, Talk with friends, ask general queries, anything goes!". Seems like if he just wants people to check out his site, this is the forum for it.

Thanks
    Exactly. And originaly the Coolest Links sections WASN'T to post your website URL but some interesting links. Since no one would get it, it turned that way.
    Anything goes in the Lounge. Hurray !

Thanks
    As far as I have seen.... "anything goes in the lounge" is a statement that can be thrown around and then retracted in a second by any moderator.

If everybody started posting artwork in the lounge... that would defeat the purpose of the "Finally Finished" section wouldn't it? But hey... anything goes.
    Of course... the Finally Finished section is already turning into the post random art here without considering whether or not it belongs in the Sketches or WIP forum.... so we could just move all the actually finished art here!

-toasty =D

Thanks
    Well, since no one else bothered to say it, I'll say it. You've got some great stuff in your gallery. Looking forward to you seeing more work from you. (Just don't violate any NDAs ).
    "Every generation sees the past though the lens of its own time." - Thom Hartmann

Thanks
    K.F.C - Hey I think your work is great! Very cool line drawings for some of those creatures, great action poses and detail, and some cool names that fit the characters. I'd like to see you doing character design for a great game or nicely animated cartoon, or for a good comic, nice style too. You should post some of your work from your website in the 'It's Finally Finished' section, so that more people can view it.

-C

Thanks
    the prob with this thread is :

-a good guy introduce himself
    - this is a f**** good link ()

so where post ? yeah, fukifino said it, we forgot the most imporant, good work dude !

Thanks
    Dudes, it's easy...

In the lounge you can post everything...as K F C wanted to introduce his "New works section on his site" it's the right place, even more since there is only a link to his site.

As you know threads without pics aren't allowed in the finally finished section.

If you want to post some images of your works then go to http://www.conceptart.org/forums/for...p?s=&forumid=5 and open a new thread. There you will get about 10x more replies to your posts...

Thanks
    Thanked 1,308 Times in 307 Posts
    Holy shit! A guy with work this good posts an intro and people have the nerve to get all pissy about if it is or isn't in the right section? Dude, pay no attention. Don't let this deter you from posting either. We really are pretty much okay once you get to know us... Aside from the expected irrational behavior present in any self-respecting artist...And the relentless newb hazings.

You have a lot of great work on your site. Your interpretation of the alien is amazing and very stylish. It reminds me a lot of paintings that Simon Bizley did a while back for a darkhorse comic, but I can honestly say that I think yours are better.

Welcome aboard!

Thanks

**looks a bit embarrassed**

Dudes, thanks a lot for your comments... as for thinking my Aliens are better than Bisley.. well, thanks a GAZILLION for that, but I've got a long way to go before I get anywhere near The Biz-ster. Have you seen his upcoming 'Bible' book??? Awesome is not the word!!!

As for where IS and ISN'T the right place to post... well I was starting to despair a bit reading the replies to this link!!! I still don't really want to post any more elsewhere in case I get more of the same sort of response. I will spend some time getting to know this site again, and I'll figure out how to add pictures to my posts too. But I did feel as though I'd been slapped on the wrist for not posting is exactly the right place.. I didn't post on here to offend anyone, but if some folk DO take offense so easily then maybe this isn't the place for me after all. I thought this site was meant to all about art first and foremost.

So, thanks for the comments about my work, I really appreciate it, and apologies if I've rubbed anyone up the wrong way.

Thanks
    Thanked 11,435 Times in 2,935 Posts

Re: **looks a bit embarrassed**

Originally posted by K F C
    I thought this site was meant to all about art first and foremost.

it is...you are most welcome here. if you want to post your stuff on the moon it is fine with me.

please continue to post your work...you may post finished stuff..new or old in the finished section...you will get the most views in there anyhow. but this is fine. the lounge is the anything goes kind of place.

j

Thanks

Talking cheers

thanks dude, is there a size limit to posted images by the way?

Thanks
    actually not, since you post the link to the images, which are on your webspace...

And really...don't listen to some of the wiseacres...

Thanks

Thumbs up Awesome dudes...

Cheers Fozzy!!! (HA HA.. cool avatar btw!!) Okay, I will make it my quest to figure out how to make images appear in the message windows, then mail the crap outa the finished works section... (I've been trying but failing!!! Darn these computer things... or is it my simple brain...???) :evilbat:

Thanks
    obviously i love your work, mwarr mwarr.
    what i want to know is, on your website, in the sketches section, is that a zygon with a beergut?
    'Champagne for my real friends and real pain for my sham friends' Francis Bacon
    Sketchbook-
    http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...d.php?t=179977

Thanks
    *sigh*
    I think people misunderstood my intent. I would think that he would probably have much more comments if he posted his work in Finally Finished forum as Jason Manley said.

Plus I think keeping this website organized would help from keeping it go down the drain like so many others. I mean... the finally finished section is for new finished work correct or have I been mistaken? And, don't get me wrong, it IS very very awesome work, but thats the thing: If it was someone like me who is still learning, or a beginning artist I think the response would be quite different.

Anyway... awesome stuff. I hope to see you post stuff in the future

Thanks
    Toaster, i would have agreed with you, if he had posted images...that's the crucial point.

So the site is organized like: "Open a thread in the ff-section only with images" :chug:

Thanks
    So I could hypothetically speaking just post all my art in the lounge just by linking to the picture instead of using img brackets?

To me, showing your work is showing your work is showing your work. IE: Having a forum specifically for showing your work to people ... but also being able to show other work elsewhere where people normally don't show their work just because you don't use img brackets... well its a little silly. If you ask me, all "finished work" should be shown off in the Finally Finished forum and you should have to show at least one img before giving a link.

Sorry, I am not trying to be a pest... just clear something up I think is a tad bit odd. :chug:

-drew =)

Thanks

Thanks
    Thanked 1,308 Times in 307 Posts
    Just out of curiousity (I hope you don't mind me asking either), I was wondering what mediums you use for your colored pieces. It seems like you're saturating grayscale drawings which can be a tricky thing to do right. This is something I used to do but eventually got fed up with, You however have some pretty decent color schemes. Pulling that off right is one of the Universe's many secrets that bugs the hell out of me.

Again, very impressive work.

Thanks
    Hi.. RE: colouring. I take it you're refering to this sort of colouring:

Shameless Plug!!!!

...if so, then you're right. This particular piece is a pencil drawing that I scanned in and just gently coloured in Photoshop. To properly paint these would take a long time, so I developed a fairly quick method of adding a bit of colour interest to make them look a bit more polished. Sometimes it doesn't work, sometimes it looks pretty good. (well.... I hope anyway!!!

Thanks
    i especially love your water colors works, what's the weight for your paper ?