Concept for the college appliance: list of ideas but what to choose?
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: Concept for the college appliance: list of ideas but what to choose?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Exclamation Concept for the college appliance: list of ideas but what to choose?

Hello friends :-)

I have been accepted at an art college (in virtual design) with my portfolio which means I got an invitation
    to show them a homework they gave me. Every applied student has to do such a homework and show it in front
    of the other students and the teachers inclusive an interview about your favorite artists, styles, goals, CV's etc.

The rules are easy: use any material (traditional, digital, 2d, 3d, pen, pencil, spray or what ever)
    you want and don't get it bigger than Din A1 (59 x 84 cm).

Lets say the theme you got is 'equality' or 'emancipation'. It's not my theme, I promise.
    I mean hey - I wanna do my homework by myself

What do I have done yet? I have a list of words, text blocks, quick notes, sketches.
    All over 3 pages in my sketchbook. sketches in color, gray scale, with notes and so forth.

What would you do now? Cutting the first four or five ideas because almost
    everybody else will have them, too? Getting that stuff in some kind of order?

Brainstorming for some days is done but thats only the basic ideas. I need the concept.
    How to go forward? I don't need more than a week for the art itself I think.

Thanks,
    Flo

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

TinyBird is offline Why you gotta be an angry burd Level 16 Gladiator: Spartacus' Retiarii
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,654 Times in 1,618 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    You know, I personally wouldn't count on "I don't need more than a week for the art itself I think". You think? Either you better be sure you don't need more or allow yourself have extra time to do the art, just in case. It doesn't take much (just your common lack of motivation or little flu) and you're panicking for the deadline, ending up submitting half-assed work and wishing you had started earlier.

And what are you even supposed to do with your theme? You never specify that. Are you supposed to do illustrations? Package design, sculpture, what? If you have ideas, start doing them to the best of your ability.

"I eat comics and poop stylization"
    Comic!
    Sketchbook (Critiques, no compliments please.)
    Tumblr
    Website
    Livejournal
    DeviantArt

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey TinyBird!

I have all time the whole day until the college begins. Ended my civil service last month and didn't continue with my holiday's job because I wanted to be sure that I can focus on my college acceptation. So no worry, one whole week will be enough. That does not mean that I won't do anything before. Just that I need to decide what's a really good idea that I had and what's no good idea. The result is not the thing that counts most because the way I get to the result is the more important thing. I'm working on that every day since I know my theme (got the theme last Friday ).

What I'm supposed to do is an illustration. Not able to do good sculptures, not even 3D this time.

I'm best at landscape (or better said environment) paintings I think but I'm not sure if they'd like a landscape as much as they would appreciate a figure concept or what ever.

I ever did work good with a decent pressure. And if it's needed I work until four in the night some days behind one another.

Summary: It'll be an Illustration - I'm best at environments/landscapes and I want to know, how you guys are going to a concept from some basic ideas.

Last edited by Charmer; June 28th, 2011 at 02:16 PM.

Members who have read this thread: 1