Art: Fan for battle :)
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: Fan for battle :)

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Fan for battle :)

Hi! I've been a member of ConceptArt for a good number of years, but I haven't been regular, I was overwhelmed, it's just too big. But lately I got into polymer clay sculpting and discovered that there's a community of sculptors here, and some threads helped me in my choice of clay. So, I'd like to share what I've been doing, and hopefully get some feedback.

My first sculpture from Fimo classic. It is still a work in progress of Sagat from Street Fighter. You can probably guess the size, compared with the Swiss army knife it's supported by. I don't have it with me to give exact data, but it's around 5 cm tall (~2 inches). I'd like to finish it one day.

I can upload the process if anyone would like to see.

My second one is also still a work in progress, Wolverine. Maybe I'll finish it one day. It's just that I spent so much time on it, I had to stop. I modeled his right hand for two days! (not absolute, though) Yet proportions are not so good. Anyway, he's a brawler, should be fine with that physique.
    I don't have it with me to give exact data, but it's around 10 cm tall (~4 inches).

Again, I can upload the walkthrough of the process if you'd like.

My third one, made as a present for a friend, took 14 hours and then I stopped. The shield wasn't fixed yet, but I liked it anyway.
    It's an approximation of the character in this pic of mine.
    I think it was around 6.5 cm tall (2.5 inches).

I also did a sculpture of the Juggernaut (from the X-Men comics), since I made it from Claytoon, which is too soft to have any accurate details, I am hesitant to upload it.

And my latest one, which started as just a test figure, but turned into a lot of work. Dwarf sculpt, approximately 6.5 cm tall (2.5 inches) (including wings), made of "Premo! Sculpey".
    I know proportions are off, but dynamic is present!

Of this too I have photos of the process.

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    You are off to a very good start, and yes, it is very time consuming, but the more you do the faster you will be....I really liked the dwarf with the big hammer....very cool.
    You will find that most of your time will be in refining and smoothing your sculpts, and then in the fine details. Don't worry, it gets easier.

Mah ' Crub

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I think you might be getting frustrated by the time it takes at the scale you're working at. Try making a piece 15 cm tall and see if you can make the proportions and details work the way you like.

From over here, these are all pretty neat, just unfinished. I'd really like to see Wolverine there done. He's got a good expression and I think his proportions make sense.

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.