Tools and or methods for keeping concepts and/or references organized
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Tools and or methods for keeping concepts and/or references organized

Hey all,

So the other day in class we were doing a mind-mapping exercise and we had to use this online thing known as Popplet. It's pretty nifty and I was thinking of using it again to help me keep my references organizes, particularly for the characters and backgrounds of a comic I am planning.

so had me thinking, do people have any particular methods for keeping your ideas and/or references organized?

My sketchbook

DA

"This is a paint and pixel-splattered furnace that forges the swords of artistic mastery. This is a place where swarthy and belligerent dwarves drink turpentine mead, berate their apprentices and slap the trade into their skulls. It's where the anvils are made of graphite, the hammers are as true as rectangular marquee selections and the fires burn with the light of a thousand lensflares." --Jason Rainville
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    oooh, they teach mind mapping in schools nowadays... how cool is that. What class?
    I don't have much more then a pile of sketchbooks for notes, sketches and clippings, for various general trains of ideas.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    it was in my class titled "instructional strategies for information professionals". We were using it as an example of a way that you can create a lesson plan. I'm in a Masters of Library and Information Sciences.

The cool thing about Popplet specifically is that you can make one map for multiple people to use from different accounts. So I could see it being useful for art teams and other collaborations.

I used to have folder and manilla envelopes that I would label according to the types of clippings that I would put into it, wasn't the best system and now so many of my references are digital as oppose to magazine clippings.

My sketchbook

DA

"This is a paint and pixel-splattered furnace that forges the swords of artistic mastery. This is a place where swarthy and belligerent dwarves drink turpentine mead, berate their apprentices and slap the trade into their skulls. It's where the anvils are made of graphite, the hammers are as true as rectangular marquee selections and the fires burn with the light of a thousand lensflares." --Jason Rainville

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    well.. on the engineering side, I used a lot of Microsoft Project for that kind of stuff, and I used it for some personal things too.

on the artsy side, I still like the touch and feel of paper quite a bit.
    Popplet looks kind of interesting.

I've been eyeing this for personal use on occasion: http://www.xmind.net/ but never really too the time to dig into it more.

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.