Art: Nhur´s Portfolio

View testimonialsView Artwork
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Nhur´s Portfolio

Hello people, I Would like post some of my works, I am trying to be a Concept Artist, (like all the people in this website hehe),
    I am little ashamed to post in CA because are too many great artist here and my english is not very good. But I really want be an active member here and not only read post.
    I thought that would be a nice way to begin post some of my works and know the opinion of the comunity, I will really apreciate all critiqs and coments about my works.

Thanks in advance !!!
    PD: I try to upload the pictures in smaller size later. Sorry for the trouble

Attached Images Attached Images                                
    Last edited by Nhur; June 24th, 2011 at 09:33 AM.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I like the comic pages and the characters. Try to get some more environments and I would take out the soccer piece. It doesn't match the style of the rest of your images even though if it's a piece you've obviously learned from. It just sticks out from everything else.

I'm not sure if you need the pixel art, focus on what industry you want to go into and have artwork that correspond to the type of projects you'll usually work on in that industry. Right now it looks like you want to go into manga comics so get more comic pages or more images of characters in line with the look of manga comics. I like the variety of themes though. Explore more scifi and fantasy themes like you are now, I think it'll help strengthen the portfolio.

Good work so far. Keep at it!

Last edited by Shmaba; July 1st, 2011 at 01:47 AM.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Shmaba For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,780 Times in 849 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Agreed with shmaba

I think it will be easier if I tell you what's worth saving and frankly you should toss the rest.

The sprites are pretty cool. Keep at it. It's a small market with outstanding competition, so get ambitious. More animation, bigger sets and don't foget to squash and stretch.

The Robin sequence can be saved, but it shows a lot of liabilities in your anatomy skills. So don't expect DC to come knocking, but you have some potential, so keep working on those sequencial skills.

The Manga cover is good. It's a little too cliche, but that's just my taste. If you can consistantly deliver that quality in solid story telling, it could land you a job none the less. So keep that as your target for quality.

Your other stuff looks like you've out grown them. They are littered with deapth of field and movement issues. I can see you're keeping them to show how hard you've worked and improved, but seriously art directors don't care. They'll look at whatever issues are showing as a liability. Now that doesn't mean you shouldn't continue to work out those issues, I'm just saying you shouldn't be showing off your unsatisfactory work.

Last edited by Raoul Duke; July 1st, 2011 at 05:49 AM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    woah, Thanks for your tips, they are very appreciated!!.

I got some more enviroments in my porfolio, but I think that you are right, the enviroments are one of my weak points compared character desings and other things...

About the pixel images... I dont know if I´m making right or not but in spain (where I am From) they always ask for Concept+pixel or concept+3D well I think that they ask Pixel+concept or 3d+concept he he. For try to apply to spanish studios they usually ask for make some pictures in pixel, That´s why I have this pixel works.

I usually try to improve my concepts but make manga are one of my other primary interests, but I didnt know that was possible work as a Concept artist drawing with manga stile.

Thank you very much for your tips, I´ll keep woking everyday.

Pd: this post was directed to Shmaba, :3

Thanks raoul duke for your post, but I need close the computer right now. Thanks for your tips, I try to come back soon for talk about your tips

oh man Im so happy I really apreciate this post!!!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I'm not familiar with what companies look for in Spain but if they are looking for pixel art then go ahead and keep those in. You can even take them a little further and doing a turn around sheet for your designs (Front, Side, Back views and maybe some various poses for characters).

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.