Sketchbook: (Beginner)Jame334's sketchbook
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

(Beginner)Jame334's sketchbook

Warning before you come any further.

This sketchbook is one of a starter, a beginners, somebody who isn't good. Now that I have warned you we can begin.
    This sketchbook is here so that I may receive constructive criticism and to keep my motivation up so that I might, on some good day may I remind you, become a good artist. This is for my hobby alone and I do not want to become an artist, however I will go to an art school in September. I apologize for any mistakes as English is not my native language and also my scanner is quite crappy.

The second picture is of V, the character and is done with a fountain pen with black Quink ink

Attached Images Attached Images        
    Last edited by Jame334; June 22nd, 2011 at 03:19 PM.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I absolutely love the reptilian eye!

Everything is better with dinosaurs.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Well well, not a bad start! But drawing/learning to draw single elements like eyes, ears etc. It should be left for later on. The older i get the more i see it apply - good base knowledge is everything. So if i were you i would start drawing silhouettes (human/ animal), get a feel of a body, of mass, of pose and then start refining the shapes with adding eyes, ears, muscles, armor and whatever you can think of. Maybe take some figure drawing classes and so on.
    What Art School do you have in mind? EKA or Tartu? And whats your background?
    Keep those pencils sharp

My sketchbook Comments & Crits always welcome!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Not formal, just like art classes or workshops.

I started doing posemaniacs today, best place for pose drawings.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Nice start! I'd also recommend pixelovely.org for the drawing tools, and for learning anatomy you should absolutely get Bridgman's Complete Guide to Drawing from Life. It helped me a huge lot, and I also just started a little over a month ago as a complete beginner.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Some poses with posemaniac, also looking a bit into heads. This is so bad it is embarrassing to post. Did it with 45 seconds, maybe I should increase each to pose to a minute?

I will also look into the Bridgeman's book.

To be exact these kinds of monstrosities lead me to quit before, but I am going to follow it to the end this time, which is why I have this little sketchbook.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    ok, the way you draw is so uptight. You just dont feel comfortable with a pencil just yet. But it will come. Just drag the lines freehand, do not try to be so very precise with the poses and silhouettes.
    If it helps, and if you are above drinking age XD try to draw when youre a bit drunk. One period of my life, when i drew a lot of portraits, i drew them when i was drinking, it takes away most of the that "what if i f*** up" fear, just to be free. And also it helped me, when i bought myself a tablet. But its too soon to do that for you.
    Just keep practicing

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Okay, tried a bit more relaxed approach at it.

They are still very bad, but aren't scribbled monstrosities any more. If I still suck so much by the end of summer(pathetic if I would) then I will never draw again.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Don't be so hard on yourself. If you try really hard and work at it, I can almost guarantee you'll be improving in no time. It takes time and dedication so don't give up too early!

I think you need to draw more and have a greater variety in your sketchbook. For example, do perspective, composition and lighting studies as well as gestures. And draw a bit of whatever the hell you want to as well I always find that helps to keep me motivated.

Those gestures are definitely looking better. I think you should take the negative space into account while drawing them though, to make them more accurate.

Keep it up!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Phloof For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    already looking better! and Phloof is right..drawing whatever cathes your eye is a great way to get out of routine. And definetly keep practicing...progress is so easy to come

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.