Epic

Join 500,000+ artists on ConceptArt.Org.

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: Epic

Epic

Kardly.

Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Kardly; October 29th, 2012 at 08:34 PM.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    To be absolutely frank, I couldn't care less about how detailed your image is. If something is not large or clear enough to be seen from far away, then it's obviously not important and why should I care? What I see now is a image that is 80% black, with a few little tiny things in the middle. I'm most interested by the backlit figures leaning on the edge of the world, and the dark, creepy, clawed monster crawling out of the rock? shell? on the left. Each as separate images. If you're trying to be Bosch, you need to study him much more carefully. Right now I'm looking at an picture of his painting at about half the resolution as your image, and I can basically tell what everything is and what's going on. You need that sort of clarity and organization in your piece.

Now I realize that this is a WIP, and I can hear you saying: "but I just haven't gotten to it yet!" But I say: "you're going about it all wrong." Start with generalities and work your way down to specifics, that's the only way you're going to make this all work as one cohesive image. Work on this at, say 900 pixels wide. If you can make everything read at that size, then great! If not, well . . . keep trying and post it up here and we'll tell you what's wrong.

Hah. Welcome to CA, I hope I haven't scared you off already.

[edit] Oh, yeah, and Get Reference!!!

Hey Karinza,
    Welcome to CA. I have to admit I was a little confused since I checked out your website, and your portrait work looks like it was done by an artist of a much higher skill level. The main thing I noticed was that you didn’t use black as your main color like you have in your sci fi environments.

Mr. Corlan is definitely on track with what he’s saying. The composition of this painting is definitely not working. Working small and trying to develop the image as a whole is a really good thing to start doing. I would say that what you need to really learn before trying to tackle environments from your mind is perspective, and value. Also, develop thick skin because, around here critiques like what Mr. Corlan gave are plentiful. You need to be able to “kill you babies”… as it were.

your picture has too much going in it, in a way too cramped space, i also suggest going for lighter value range overall, now its really hard to read, if i have time i could do you a paintover to help you visualize what i mean

Kardly.

Last edited by Kardly; October 29th, 2012 at 08:30 PM.

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.