Thanks

Blantant Spam post for my new website

Didn't see a forum category for spamming links. Don't mean to offend, but wanted to tell people about my new site as I think some may find it useful.

Site is http://www.artdojo.com. I have made it into a image bookmarking site for art. It's brand new, so there may be some bugs/errors and there are lots of additional features coming.

Thanks for checking it out and sorry for the blatant spamming.

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks

Nevermind

Nevermind, artdojo does not work with conceptart.org images since they do not allow images from the forum to be scraped. I can understand this as it probably prevents hotlinking as well. So if you want to bookmark an image that is posted here, you will have to find the image somewhere else on the internet or go to the artists blog or website.

I will try to contact conceptart.org website administrator to see if they can add an exception to their htaccess file for artdojo. I could do some browser spoofing with the artdojo script, but I don't think it is worth it as most artist's post to a blog as well.

Thanks
    Ok, I will just have my script do a browser spoof and then it will work. Probably won't have that done until tomorrow though.

Guess I should have done more testing before going live... nah. Putting things live and watching them explode is more fun.

Thanks
    Ok, you can now use artdojo to bookmark images from conceptart.

Had to do some major spoofing of headers in my code, but I probably should have been doing that in the first place.

Thanks
    Gimme a break man. I said it was spam in the orginal post and all my posts after that were related to getting the site fixed so it would work with conceptart.org. You may not find the site useful but some others may.

It allows anyone to bookmark images from anyplace on the web and keep them organized with tags. That includes deviantart, conceptart, , all kinds of blogs, and anywhere else on the web. It allows artists to be found directly through their websites rather than having to spam 5 different communities with their art. I just thought some other might find it useful, but clearly I'm in the wrong here.

So if there is an admin. Go ahead and just delete this thread. Wes thinks it is spam. I guess he knows how to read.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,406 Times in 562 Posts
    Okay Cade, i sent you a PM. Also deleted my big stupid post.
    Last edited by ArtZealot; June 20th, 2011 at 11:38 PM.
    "I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain."
    --- Frank Herbert, Dune - Bene Gesserit Litany Against Fear

Check out my Sketchbook! Critique and Criticism welcomed.

or my Artstation

Or my stream on Twitch! http://www.twitch.tv/wwsketch

Thanks
    Well... this is awkward. I couldn't reply in PM because it said I needed 10 posts to reply to a super moderator. So I debated for about a second on which would be better - bumping this post again with a reply or spamming 9 more posts on the forum. I went with the reply. Here is what I tried to PM to you:

All good man. I'm not too familiar with forum etiquette, but that's no excuse. Sorry about the bumps.

I can understand your sentiment, and really appreciate you taking the time to clarify your point. I can see you really care about this community. I'll take more care in how I post.

Thanks

9. The Following User Says Thank You to cademan For This Useful Post: