Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 LastLast
    Thanks
    some great stuff in this round

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Since she was crowned Queen in Through the Looking Glass, I wanted to give her a bit of a royal flare with deep blue and gold brocade.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,425 Times in 625 Posts
    ENNEX take a good look at those arms ..they seem to be way out of proportion.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,657 Times in 771 Posts
    So.. I killed my first image. The idea was nice, but there was too much wrong with and correcting that felt like beating a dead horse really
    So I started anew pretty much with the same idea only a bit darker Alice and a better drawing to start with.
    Tuner people, not Turner.

A mind that wanders so much, it brings back souvenirs.

Sketchbook -- Blog -- New Music --
    Traditional Paintings --
    The Drawing Dutchmen --
    Book Of Thumbs --

New Website!!!!!!!
    --

Thanks
    so after a day trying to salvage it I just started again drawing over the jpeg... it's annoying that it crashed just as I was saving a new version, but oh well.

Thanks
    pretty much done I think. Gotta change that left arm though, I just realized it looks kinda awkward how she holds the chain.

Thanks
    Hey @Varguy - Once I saw it I couldn't un-see it, if you know what I mean... There's something a little anatomical and NSFW about her weapon.

Thanks
    @ Kahboom: you got a naughty mind, but i can see it now you said it.

Well here is 1 more WIP from me. Can see the end now, though still a bit to go.
    My Sketchbook http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...d.php?t=239346

-In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded.-

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Kahboom View Post
    Hey @Varguy - Once I saw it I couldn't un-see it, if you know what I mean... There's something a little anatomical and NSFW about her weapon.
    Haha, damn it! That's what happens when I go out of my way and try to be creative. I knew I should have just gone with the vorpal blade!

Thanks
    haha, joshbuzzee, that looks like a caricature of a friend of mine. ahhaha, fucking hilarious. i wish i had a photo to show you. hahaha

there are some interesting pieces coming out of this round for sure.

Thanks
    You guys so fast , and awesome >.<!

Change to action pose and try to add some color.
    heart shape.

Thanks
    Awesome entries so far!

Imma do a bit of a drive-by posting here, will comment on some of the others a bit later.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,657 Times in 771 Posts
    Last update for today, time for some TV aiiiight.
    Tuner people, not Turner.

A mind that wanders so much, it brings back souvenirs.

Sketchbook -- Blog -- New Music --
    Traditional Paintings --
    The Drawing Dutchmen --
    Book Of Thumbs --

New Website!!!!!!!
    --

Thanks
    Thanked 1,797 Times in 717 Posts
    @DecayingLolita: That sucks about the file crash, it happens so it's best to just keep your head up, but what you've got so far is working out quite well despite the file crash.

@Rinibee: I'm getting a bit of a Tomb Raider vibe from yours, looking really cooland waiting for an update on yours.

@Flame_Unquenchable: Neat little thumbs here, I'm feeling like her feet are a bit big actually, but it could just be the footwear.

@Mr. Gadbury: This is really cool, I like your sketchy style, it shows well in all your artwork.

@Jager: Looking cool so far, still very rough so nothing to crit, but it looking very dynamic.

@Revidescent: I like this one actually, it has a very nice cool mood to it, def in need of some warmer lights on Alice, maybe if the mouse was holding a candle or something to bring some more focus to that area.

@Gloombunny: Looks like a horror movie Alice, the Cheshire cat seems to be enjoying the view a little too much, lol

@(lark: Very neat, the floor gives it a really neat composition, I'm thinking this could use some accesories falling off the floor in the background, just to show a little movement in the piece

@RachaelPierce: Looks cool, but I'm not getting a warrior vibe from this piece, maybe replace the tree with some kind of weapon?

@dothaithanh: Nice sketches, I actually like the archer best, but there are features in each of them that look better than others.

@Pixeltuner: haha, pokemon style Alice, first thing that came to mind 'I choose you, Cheshire Cat!,' I like the new version better too. should be neat to see the final painting.

@JoshBuzzee: Neat cartoony style. I actually suits her well, willing to see this finished.

@electric_sandal: looks neat but the legs need some work, one leg is a bit too skinny at the thigh and the other is bending awkwardly, try to fix that.

@GEB: Very cool, I like the way the armour resembles her original attire.

sorry if I missed you but there's just too many people to leave feedback for everyone...I've actually haven't had a lot of time to work on my entry (wanted to get my COW entry more or less completed, first), but here's some really rough linework, used a picture of Jean Grey for a pose reference, there's still lots of question marks I need to answer...still figuring what to do for the pelvic area, skirt?, shorts?, tights? Whether or not to add some accesories to the head/hair. Have a bit of an idea for the bow, using two flamingoes but still need to really come up with something as a whole as well as a design for the quiver, the Cheshire cat's teeth are a bit iffy, and I'm also thinking of adding some armour here and there....this is probably why character design is so hard for me, there is a lot to consider in terms of the design, where as creatures (since I draw animals and such so often) tends to just happen for me...need to really get down and draw lots of gestures I don't nearly do it enough.
    Attachment 1261170
    Art is not about competing against others and being better than everyone else, but it is about competing against yourself and discovering your greatest potential!

16. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Rob Powell For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    i'm working away from home... no digital means at all... but i still have the time for some traditional sketching! here's a skizen around this topic

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AndreRuben For This Useful Post:

Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 LastLast