Art: Kitchen in Maya... please provide cc or just c!

Join 500,000+ Artists

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: Kitchen in Maya... please provide cc or just c!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Kitchen in Maya... please provide cc or just c!

Kitchen in Maya... please provide cc or just c!

Haven't been working with Maya too long (about 7 weeks), and I just finished my first room. Please provide feedback. I know it is a bit dark (the biggest complaint I've heard so far), but it is supposed to be, because of the time of day. Is it too dark?

Any CC you can provide would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks a heap!

"I used to jog, but the ice cubes kept falling out of my glass." - David Lee Roth

HotNWormy
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Sadclown Guest
    I can see where others would think it's too dark, but I like it. there's something inviting about a fridge light on a dark night hehe.

As for the room itself, if you were going for realism it needs a big more work. If you were going for a more cartoony kind of look, it's great!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I think that if the room was meant to be dark that the fridge light would be much brighter. Other than that it looks great.

happy ever after in the marketplace

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thanks for the feedback, guys.

sadclown, if I were going for a more realistic look, what would you suggest? I actually usually do stuff in a very "Jimmy Neutron" kind of way (at least that is what I'm aiming for), but I still love to hear feedback from people. If you were going to make this more realistic, what would you do?

You never know, your suggestions might work, even in cartoon world.

"I used to jog, but the ice cubes kept falling out of my glass." - David Lee Roth

HotNWormy

Sadclown Guest
    Well you definitely nailed the "Jimmy Neutron" kind of look so good job on that .

to me realism is all about details. for instance you have a great looking kitchen there but it doesn't look like anyboy's ever used it. Miscellaneous stains thrown here and there, some silverware in the drawer, maybe a lost matchbox car over in the corner. Just little things that make a house look "lived in". anyway, jsut my two cents. hope it helped.

Starknaaaked Guest
    maybe if you want more light(i personally think it is way too dark despite the nighttime thing)..put a small night light on the wall (in a socket)..thats what i have in my kitchen and it gives off a nice glow..so you can see everything..but it also looks very much like nightime....

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    has anyone else ever noticed like one of the first rooms someone makes in 3d is a kitchen. Anyway I like the kitchen but I do think a couple more light sources would be nice, a nightlight, a stove hood lamp, and ambient light from another room, anything> I thnk the light thing is a big issue simply because it keeps us from really seeing your modeling and textures so for the time being its the main point of discussion. From what we can see the modeling doent look to bad but try throwing one scene up with lights if ya want a modeling crit. Also a good little tip in maya is to fake radiosity by using coloring area lights turned down very very low. use the to mimic a reflected light color. Hope this helps.

The Dude

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    It is too dark.

I don't mean the scene which I gather is supposed to be dark. In such a dark room the fridge light would stand out more. Try making the light intensity 200% or so. See how it comes out.

Also try adding a blue area light (like a window or something) to give the scene more volume. it's kinda grayish right now.

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.