P.O.W.! Challenge 51 (A-B-C-D-E) Discussion

View testimonialsView Artwork
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,582 Times in 1,786 Posts
    Follows
    Following

P.O.W.! Challenge 51 (A-B-C-D-E) Discussion

I've made a lot of changes to P.O.W.! It's not as difficult as it looks, but it was a bitch to make it understandable. and I'm not sure I succeeded. If anyone has any questions or suggestions, please be blunt here.

The changes are an attempt to get us away from the "3 weeks is too long/short," "hate this topic--maybe next time," and to get the people involved who are just incapable of producing a comic logically, but want to get involved, and in our case--it's doing an "illustration." Something they're not scared of.

The times aren't a problem anymore, because the ENTRANT decides how much to do with as much freedom as we can come up with. What it boils down to is TWO comics over Two weeks each, and/or two illustrations over two weeks each.

As for the important stuff...Donafall is on as my 1-star general, replacement and backer if i blow a fuse, and he actually likes doing the polls setup. Go figure.

I would like some others to come aboard to seriously help out in various ways. You become Mods for the POW! and be able to do just about everything we do. (I think I have a bit more access, as does Black Spot and a few others since we've been designated a kind of Super Mod.)

Waterbird, Velderia, Sidharth, Asatira QueenG' have already shown interest in helping out at one time or another, and there have probably been a few others who who I've misplace in my time offline. Pop your name in if you think you can handle the pressure every once in a while, or if you have some specific thing sub-area you'd like to take care of.

We also want to remind the membership to keep making suggestions for topics.

Last edited by donalfall; June 22nd, 2011 at 07:01 PM.
    No position or belief, whether religious, political or social, is valid if one has to lie to support it.--Alj Mary

Ironically, the concept of SIMPLICITY is most often misunderstood by simple-minded people. --Alj Mary
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
  3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ilaekae For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 2,207 Times in 882 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Cool! Glad it's back, I have missed POW

I don't know if I can help out at all, I don't have any experience but I'm willing to learn if you need more hands.

Oh I put a query in the other thread but I just wondered about the illustration bits. Can it be the front cover? or a splash page? or can it follow any format?

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Angel Intheuk For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I put a note with some clarifications in the other thread. As for formats, it should follow the size/proportion posted as the comic specifications.

No position or belief, whether religious, political or social, is valid if one has to lie to support it.--Alj Mary

Ironically, the concept of SIMPLICITY is most often misunderstood by simple-minded people. --Alj Mary

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Ilaekae For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Jawohl mein kommendant. I mean, yes sir. I'm proud to be a part of this cat's army. And while I wouldn't characterise myself as getting off on polls per se, I do enjoy doing the book keeping. So a 1 star QuarterMaster General, perhaps.

I have a question, I think the Native American Legend - style of idea is *the best* but we don't have a lot of exposure to their legends over here in Ireland. Anyone point me in the direction of a good repository of stories? I'm going to go do some googling now, but if my version gets influenced by "wikifacts", don't blame me, is all I'm saying.

P.O.W.! - All the Comic Challenges you can handle

donalfall's sketchbook - page 14 | donalfall.com | galwaypubscrawl.com | facebook | twitter |

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Just to follow up on my own question, I found these free kindle ebooks so if you have a kindle or the kindle app (which comes in all flavours - iPhone, Android, pc & mac) you can get this for nothing. I don't know how representative it is (and it's really badly formatted) but there's some cool ass stories in here. Just browsing them quickly and there is some *crazy* awesome stories.

donalfall's sketchbook - page 14 | donalfall.com | galwaypubscrawl.com | facebook | twitter |

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Try NATIVE AMERICAN MYTHS, or NATIVE CREATION MYTHS. You get a lot of excess but you should be able to narrow it down quickly.

Also try it with the above terms but searching as IMAGES, then work backwards from there.

If you feel lucky, try RAVEN (or BEAR or FIRE or WHALE, etc) IN NATIVE AMERICAN MYTH/RELIGION. Just keep the search term limited to items indigenous to NA and MYTH or NATIVE. Animals are important to American native religions and myths. Albino Buffalo, Quetzalcoatl, etc.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Ilaekae For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    This guy right here is the subject of some *great* Native American Legends. I'm going to do one about how some witch was trying to seduce him, so he turned her into a Shark.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to donalfall For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hey thanks for mentioning me ive only spent three years of my life here trying to please.....fuck i knew everyone else hates me.....but....
    i have more unfinished art here than i would like too mention.....

15. The Following User Says Thank You to j.s. sabastian For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Are you pissed at me because i didn't mention you somewhere? I never mention you...because you're a fuckin' given--a fact of life we can't ignore...so why waste typing time?

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Ilaekae For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    ...and I got $2 that says I have more unfinished work than all of you idiots put together. Whazz yer point?

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ilaekae For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    sorry for the late reply- i've been on an extended vacation in france with limited internet, but i'm happy to help out with mod duties etc of course.

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.