P.O.W.! Challenge 51 (A-B-C-D-E) - Page 2
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: P.O.W.! Challenge 51 (A-B-C-D-E)

donalfall is offline The Cat's Deputy (POW! Moderator)
    donalfall (at) gmail.com
    Level 10 Gladiator: Equites
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Blankslate - I love attack of the Mammoth. I'm just a few hours behind on the story of Glooskap and the Witch - which you can find here. We had a massive project at work this last fortnight and I pulled a load of 12 hour days and a few 18 hour days. If Ilaekae has it in his heart to give me til tuesday, I'll be finished?

Don't think I'll beat the mammoth story though. I did some of my panels when I was too tired to really have attempted any anatomy.

P.O.W.! - All the Comic Challenges you can handle

donalfall's sketchbook - page 14 | donalfall.com | galwaypubscrawl.com | facebook | twitter |
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. The Following User Says Thank You to donalfall For This Useful Post:

Ilaekae is offline P.O.W.! Leader, Complete Idiot, Super Moderator Level 17 Gladiator: Spartacus' Dimachaeri
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,580 Times in 1,786 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    You got til Tuesday whether you need it or not... I have to go into Pittsburgh in the morning (Monday) and I'll probably stay over at my sister's...have two doc's appointments. I'll post the new thing before I leave in the morning, and we can work out the posts for polls on Tuesday/Wednesday (which is when I'll probably do it.)

I was hoping for a bit more action coming into this one, based on the initial comments. Just so I know if there's something I can change at my end--was the topic(s) bad or not interesting, too limited, was the entire mess too confusing, etc.? Or, was it just because it's that time of the year...?

No position or belief, whether religious, political or social, is valid if one has to lie to support it.--Alj Mary

Ironically, the concept of SIMPLICITY is most often misunderstood by simple-minded people. --Alj Mary

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Ahhhh... I had a very odd/angering/sad few months, and my art is now rusty. But this idea of yours is awesome, Kitty. I want to be part of it, and I'm kicking myself to FINISH something! I still have to wait to really jump in, but I like the ABCDE thing. Maybe it is just the time of year. It's vacation time now, summer fun! Seems like people are on the go every day of the year, though.

Anyway, even if I don't get anything yet, I'll try E for soon and see what I can conjure up.

donalfall is offline The Cat's Deputy (POW! Moderator)
    donalfall (at) gmail.com
    Level 10 Gladiator: Equites
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I spoke too soon - work project is running into this week and I've done nothing but 12 hour days since I last posted. D: I'm going to post over the next few days, but if you want to call the poll, call it & I'll post post-facto. I'm in the running for 2 completely new jobs that both have more regular working hours so this won't be happening in the future. One of them is Arts Admin focussed so I have my fingers crossed for that one!

I don't think the topic or the post was at fault, although 3 categories is probably enough (POW A B C for example). I also think the option of doing some Illustration set pieces rather than a full comic was a great touch. Just looking at the stats, I think viewing figures are down for the last while. I would say that that has two factors -

1) POW has been a bit chaotic over the last while, people have been waiting for topics and stuff. All for perfectly valid reasons, but the crowd is yet to trickle back and;

2) it's the silly season and people are on holidays, running wild, sleeping off the year etc. (I'm pretty sure this is the bigger reason).

I say run the next topic, see how things go. I can set up the poll for you whenever you like. I'm assuming all valid entries under A-B-C-D-E all run in one poll?

donalfall

P.O.W.! - All the Comic Challenges you can handle

donalfall's sketchbook - page 14 | donalfall.com | galwaypubscrawl.com | facebook | twitter |

Ilaekae is offline P.O.W.! Leader, Complete Idiot, Super Moderator Level 17 Gladiator: Spartacus' Dimachaeri
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,580 Times in 1,786 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    It's now 1:25 in the morning Thursday. Just got back--took two days longer than I thought to get everything done. It's now 83--AT 1:25 IN THE DAMN MORNING!!! UGH!

Thanks for the work and thoughts. I'll go ahead and post Challenge 52 by tomorrow afternoon and get back on schedule, in the same format we just used and see what happens...

No position or belief, whether religious, political or social, is valid if one has to lie to support it.--Alj Mary

Ironically, the concept of SIMPLICITY is most often misunderstood by simple-minded people. --Alj Mary

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Ilaekae For This Useful Post:

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Members who have read this thread: 1