Sketchbook: BD's Sketch Book!

Join 500,000+ artists on ConceptArt.Org.

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thanks

BD's Sketch Book!

Hi everyone! I started this sketchbook a little while ago and then didn't add to it since. Partially because technology and myself do not quite get along and partially because I had not receive any comments yet. Then I realized I had not been attaching my pictures properly, so I'm really not sure if anyone could see the pictures or not. I'm editing this (my first) post in this thread, and attach images hopefully the correct way! Yay!

Attached Images Attached Images          
    Last edited by BickeringDog; April 11th, 2012 at 12:35 AM.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Aaaaaaannnnnnnd I'm back with a few more sketches. I chose these because I am fairly pleased with most of them and thought they were a good representation of my drawing over the last few months. Comments and critique are welcome! Let's see, the dogs were drawn using some photo reference but where not copied, the skull was drawn completely as close to the photo as I could get it, the women were drawn using the figure model generator, and then young man was drawn from life.

Last edited by BickeringDog; April 11th, 2012 at 12:40 AM.

Thanks
    Aaaaaaaaannnd, I'm back with more sketches. So, the animal drawings are from photos and obviously I have started reading Loomis. The baseball drawings and the hands are from life though. I'm actually quite proud of them!

Thanks
    I decided to share a few drawings with you guys today. I had the opportunity to sit in on a group of people that practice Hula dancing so I took it as an opportunity to practice my figure drawing. It was pretty difficult because of how often everyone moved but all in all I am pleased with how some of them turned out.

Thanks
    hey thanks for stopping by my sketchbook, loomis is definitely a good place to start for drawing faces, in fact i use his methods. i love his 20th century style heads, good luck.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to ghost hardware For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    I think it's high time I upload a few more drawings. Anyway, the first two are my friends dog, drawn from life. I'm pretty happy with the first one actually, although it didn't come out looking too much like him, ha ha. Then there's a page of my feet, because I got bored with drawing hands and next is another page from Loomis. I think I am slowly making progress with the Loomis but I'm still having difficulty with various angles and such. I'll keep at it!

Thanks
    So, the picture of the knight I drew for fun. You can find the reference photo I used here. I have loved knights since I was a kid, so I'm sure I will be drawing more for practice.

The other drawings are using the quickposes drawing tool. I am pleased with how they came out and can't wait to improve more.

Thanks
    Your gestures are fairly clean and elegant. If anything, you should include facial features in your above contours because it's still part of the body, IMO.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Wakakin For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    It's great to see a mixture of life drawing and book work going on here. The gestures you have done look good too; it might be worth having a try at lowering the timer and drawing more in the same timespan (like instead of a 5 minute pose, do 5 60 second poses) - it is tough at first, but it is good at forcing you to think of the bare basics you need to show what the body is doing. Keep up the good work!

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.