View Poll Results: Do You Think Tattoos Are Art?

Voters
5. You may not vote on this poll
  • Hell, yes!

3 60.00%
  • They're nice, but they aren't art.

2 40.00%
  • Hell, no. Tattoos are gross!

1 20.00%
  • I have no opinion.

2 40.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
    Thanks

Exclamation Need Artists to Interview for Art Related Articles

Hi,
    Long time lurker here!
    I am writing a batch of articles for an art magazine. I'm on a very tight deadline and I need artists for quotes and interviews!!! If you have anything to say on the subjects I want to hear from you! My email is alinabradford@gmail.com. Here is what I need:

• Most college art majors have a gender distribution of over 60% women, and a USA Today article (http://www.usatoday.com/news/educati...ty26_ST_N.htmm ) states that women make up 57% of the student population across majors. In a once male-dominated arena, how can this shift be explained and what does it mean? What does this mean in terms of classroom experience, and the post-graduate experience as an artist? Despite these statistics, do young men still outnumber young women in terms of gaining recognition in the art field?
    • Even the most famous of artists have misjudged their medium (Why is The Last Supper deteriorating?), inaccurately depicted anatomy (Why are the female figures in The Last Judgment depicted with male physiques?), or screwed up proportion (Why does the boy in People Reading Stock Exchange have three legs?) Discuss why you think the best of best sometimes get it wrong.
    • Make a case for tattoos as a form of fine art. Do you know any artists who have gone from fine art to tattooing? Are you one? Tell me about it!
    • Polymer Clay: Who’s using it and how? Why is it “hot” right now?

Thanks so much in advance!!!!
    PS: Mods feel free to move this. I think this is the right place, but I'm not sure. Eeeep!

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,558 Times in 2,766 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AliB View Post
    Hi,
    Long time lurker here!
    I am writing a batch of articles for an art magazine. I'm on a very tight deadline and I need artists for quotes and interviews!!! If you have anything to say on the subjects I want to hear from you! My email is alinabradford@gmail.com. Here is what I need:

• Most college art majors have a gender distribution of over 60% women, and a USA Today article (http://www.usatoday.com/news/educati...ty26_ST_N.htmm ) states that women make up 57% of the student population across majors. In a once male-dominated arena, how can this shift be explained and what does it mean? What does this mean in terms of classroom experience, and the post-graduate experience as an artist? Despite these statistics, do young men still outnumber young women in terms of gaining recognition in the art field?
    !
    Out of 548,000 active armed service personel only 74,000 are women. Of course when only males 18 to 25 are required to register it is a little biased.

Maybe it can be explained by the fact that men in that age group choose military service 7 times more than females even though according to the census the population distribution is almost equal.