help for decision of major and school

Join 500,000+ Artists

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

help for decision of major and school

hello forum,

I've always wanted to head towards the direction of art in my future. However, I still have absolutely no idea what I should be doing, and also do not know much about the art schools in America. (I'm not American nor am I studying in the US...) I'm thinking about advertising art(which my mom recommends) and illustration (when I didn't know anything about art except for paper and pencil) but is still very very unsure about it, and I'd like some more information about this. This sounds weird but, how do I know which major will be suitable for me? (because I don't know a lot..) and the information about them

And most importantly, what are some recommended art schools?

Sorry for my uber clueless-ness and sounding desperate (which I am :-( )
    I appreciate your replies and thank you for any sort of advice+/recommendations.
    Tell me if there's any additional information needed (ex. my work now?)

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    What do you want to do?
    Do you want to get in to concept art or 3D?
    And Do you want to work in the games industry?
    A good thing to do is to start drawing. Draw Something every day or att least finnish something every week. then start posting it on to here. Make a sketchbook and start participating in weekly challenges such as character of the week on here.
    Get yourself a wacom and start using photoshop as a paint tool.
    Art school it not bad, but you dont need artschool to do art. What you do need is doing art and posting it on the web, exposing yourself to feedback.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Ideally, if money wasn't an issue, what sort of artwork would you create? If you tell us that, we might be able to tell you what major is most likely to lead to a career doing what you want to do.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by ikuru View Post
    What do you want to do?
    Do you want to get in to concept art or 3D?
    And Do you want to work in the games industry?
    A good thing to do is to start drawing. Draw Something every day or att least finnish something every week. then start posting it on to here. Make a sketchbook and start participating in weekly challenges such as character of the week on here.
    Get yourself a wacom and start using photoshop as a paint tool.
    Art school it not bad, but you dont need artschool to do art. What you do need is doing art and posting it on the web, exposing yourself to feedback.
    I'm not exactly sure what I want to do, but I don't think I'll get into 3D since I have no exposure to it at all.
    I'm new to this forum (just joined today lol) and will start being more active
    I do own a tablet (wacom bamboo fun) for about three years now and is using adobe photoshop cs however I do not feel that I have any improvement. I self-taught myself everything in what I know now of about art and I don't think I'm making anymore progress..
    However I do want to get into art schools and I know I need to start working hard now
    Thank you so much for you reply

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Meloncov View Post
    Ideally, if money wasn't an issue, what sort of artwork would you create? If you tell us that, we might be able to tell you what major is most likely to lead to a career doing what you want to do.
    um... what I draw now are mostly pointless and boring and disappointing, really, nor do I have a stable "style"
    I haven't decided yet, but I'd like to know the possibilities
    Thanks for your reply~

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.