Alice Madness promo illustration - Finished! Thank you <3

Join 500,000+ artists on ConceptArt.Org.

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thanks

Arrow Alice Madness promo illustration - Finished! Thank you <3

Name:  loading1small.jpg
Views: 307
Size:  81.8 KB
    Scroll down for final.

Name:  loading1900.jpg
Views: 350
Size:  212.2 KB
    So the concept for this is pretty basic: It'll be three images for the EA blog/website advertising a cocktail called tweedle dum and tweedle tea, coinciding with the launch of Alice Madness.

My problem is I can do loose painting to start with, but when it starts to look good I can really muck it up by getting really tight and finicky.. So you'll help right? What is the next step for this? Tips, crit, love and smackdowns would all be appreciated!

Last edited by Tintreas; June 13th, 2011 at 10:09 PM. Reason: finished!
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    First time ever I got no overnight advice o.0. Please crew! Tally ho! Man the gunner decks!

..I offer you homemade snickers cake?

Thanks
    I am really looking forward to this game!

Nice to see your piece in WIP, it looks great block in so far. My only crit: The glass covers Alice's face, why not make it transparent or to the side of he face. "Transparent with her eye looking through all magnified/refracted might look better?". The distortion would add to the "madness". AS it is, half her face is missing. I Am loving tweedle dee and dum so far, just needs to keep going with this and make it pop more. Good work so far....

Last edited by Art Monkey; June 13th, 2011 at 07:54 AM.

Thanks
    Hi Tintreas,
    This is looking good so far. You have some minor tangent issues: the shoulder of the figure on the left almost intersects with the dark shape behind him, and the top of the butterfly's wings are uncomfortably close to the top of the frame. The fact that Alice's face is somewhat awkwardly obscured is another issue. Maybe you can change her pose slightly so that we can see enough of her face that she doesn't just look like a painting on the wall in the background.
    Also the image is very mid-tone/dark with very low contrast. Introduce some light into the scene to increase the contrast and interest. I quickly adjusted the levels in PS to show you what I mean. Hope this helps and good luck.

Thanks
    hey there :0 I really like it so far... so keep at it !

my advice - I like the fact that alice is lurking in the dark with the tea ... but right now nothing tells me this is alice ... you took away one of the only thing that makes her recognizable : her dress color. I would at least bring back the blue dress and it would definatly make her presence a bit more known in the picture, because right now she blends too much with her Bg ( black hair + black dress + black Bg).

you could always keep her as is and change the color of the Bg introduce a strippy pattern reminiscent of the guys hats?( this is just a random idea)

well welll good luck!!!

Thanks
    @ Art monkey Thanks for that first reply What did you mean by art empire anywho? I like the distorted eye thing, I'll try to work the right eye in really subtly

Art Monkey & Jarvis: As the image is supposed to be selling the drink, I really liked the idea that alice was barely there, just a deep shadow with a suggestion of her. Do you think its a problem/too much?

Javier: I didn't even realise how low contrasted it was until you pointed it out. Strange how much the eye can trick one. I'll do my best to find a balance between twisted and dark and decent levels

joelle: From the screenshots I was using I didn't even realise they'd kept her dress blue! My mistake, I'll get that in now o.o

I had been thinking of giving her a very slight blue glow, so she still blends with the background but she has a more creepy and ethereal presence. Good idea or cheesy as hell?

Thanks
    Name:  Picture 8.png
Views: 308
Size:  282.5 KB

Working on the contrast most at the moment! Lots of overpainting, I don't want to overdo it and ruin the subtleties... But I know I have to get this done so i can't spend ages experimenting :<

Crit always adored

Thanks
    You may want to keep in mind that the more detailed, (in this case) the most light, and the most saturated parts will be the ones to come out and the darker less contrast/detailed parts will recede. Also I'd make alice slightly more noticeable as she is almost invisible. Great art pieces! I especiallly love Alice's.

Thanks
    Name:  Picture 10.png
Views: 294
Size:  269.0 KB
    DONE! Not great I know but I has deadline -.-' Thank you all so much for the help!

Slightly bigger:

Name:  loadingtea1.jpg
Views: 289
Size:  143.3 KBName:  loadingtea2.jpg
Views: 333
Size:  136.2 KBName:  loadingtea3.jpg
Views: 293
Size:  165.8 KB

Last edited by Tintreas; June 13th, 2011 at 09:58 PM.

Thanks
    Great work man (rushed or not). I like it...

Thanks
    good job!

Thanks
    Thank you

I shouldn't have tried for proper painting in one day but I guess eventually I'll get faster. Or starve

Thanks
    I like how you are actually taking on the feedback and updating your pics accordingly.

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.