Sketchbook: Scribbles and things
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Smile Scribbles and things

Hi guys! I'm new to this forum.

I'm a (mostly) self taught artist from Arizona and I'm posting here for the first time.

I use Paint Tool SAI and more recently I am branching out into traditional media. We had a copy of Photoshop 7 when I was younger, so I've been doing digital artwork for about half my life.

I'm a pretty big fan of Seage's artwork so I've been lurking here for months but I decided to put my shyness aside and make an account.

Feel free to look, critique, or even ignore. I'm a pretty laid back kind of gal.

Old-to-new for the first post.
    Sketchy looking cat: First time drawing a realistic cat. This is one of my many fuzzy friends, Dexter. Done in Paint Tool SAI.

Color Portrait: Probably the best portrait I will ever do unless I practice more. Paint Tool SAI, Russian singer Elena Temnikova. I'm still trying to do better than this one. (Two years later, no luck!)

Colored cat: Speed-painting of someone's cat as a thank you gift on another forum.

Mirror: Stippled self portrait done for a beginning art class last semester. My printer killed it. The idea was to mimic the famous work of M.C. Escher holding a reflective ball. I could have done something more interesting, but at this point I had never done a non-digital portrait and wanted to try my hand at it.

Purple: Recent digital illustration of an original character. The background is really dull, I'd really like an idea about how to fix it. This was the first chance I had to do a digital piece all last semester. Looks decent on some computers, flaws really noticeable on others.

Building: Architectural rendering of the Casa de las Tortugas in Uxmal. I became addicted to stippling last semester. I had to alter one of the vanishing points for this one since it almost looked invisible. I was using two yard sticks taped together to try to find it.

Incomplete portrait: Finally, a work in progress of a portrait I started last night in Paint Tool SAI. This is going to turn into the Russian singer "Nookie" from the band Slot.

Thank you very much for your time!

Attached Images Attached Images              
    Last edited by Quillu; August 8th, 2011 at 04:11 PM. Reason: EDIT: Still getting the hang of the forums.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Oh! I'm sorry

I didn't mean to let my sketchbook go like this.

Here's a newer version of the portrait I'm working on.

Now since I saw that everything needs to be in attachment form only after submitting this thread for approval, let me go fix that so you guys don't kill me.

Attached Images Attached Images  
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.