Thanks
    Thanked 1,312 Times in 544 Posts

CA.org back in 2002

Sorry if this was posted before, found an online archive only recently... with CA.org archived during 2002 for those interested.

http://web.archive.org/web/200209260...onceptart.org/

Found it pretty interesting.

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
  3. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to BlightedArt For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,406 Times in 562 Posts
    awesome! thanks. I'm totally going back in time and am going to tell myself to throw away my xbox and my PC and never buy any Blizzard games. Well, keep the PC so i can do some photoshop, but definitely not get Diablo2 or WoW.
    "I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain."
    --- Frank Herbert, Dune - Bene Gesserit Litany Against Fear

Check out my Sketchbook! Critique and Criticism welcomed.

or my Artstation

Or my stream on Twitch! http://www.twitch.tv/wwsketch

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ArtZealot View Post
    awesome! thanks. I'm totally going back in time and am going to tell myself to throw away my xbox and my PC and never buy any Blizzard games. Well, keep the PC so i can do some photoshop, but definitely not get Diablo2 or WoW.
    My /played on WoW totaled up to 5800 hours....I'm not kidding. And I barely played past WoTLK . I HAVE HAD NO TEENHOOD.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Deadlyhazard View Post
    My /played on WoW totaled up to 5800 hours....I'm not kidding. And I barely played past WoTLK . I HAVE HAD NO TEENHOOD.
    Whu...? Wha...? How...how....how is this possible?

I played Everquest relgiously from 1999 to 2006, and I only had like 1/2 or 1/3 of this play time.

But still, us gamers don't have much of a teenhood anyways I spent my early teens playing Quake 2/3 Rocket Arena - man those were the days. Hong Kong had a fairly active Quake scene back in the late 90's/early 00's. Unfortunately it's pretty much died out now, with everyone playing Camper Strike.

Nowadays I spend my gaming time playing RPGs, especially old school ones like Planescape: Torment, Baldur's Gate I/II/ToB (With the BiG World Mod), Summoner, Fallout I/II - and the newer ones, like Mass Effect, Fallout 3/NV, Dragon Age, etc.

Ok, back to the original topic of the thread:

I don't remember the forum artwork or the main page of CA.org being like that when I registered back in 2003. Granted, it could've been like that and I simply don't remember. I'll check the archive/WBM to see when it was changed.

Oh, and artzealot, don't throw your games away They provide as much entertainment as they do inspiration. In fact, whenever I play games now, I use FRAPs to take screenshots of interesting things I see in-game. Be it architecture, armour designs, landscapes, interesting compositions, etc.
    "Never regret thy fall from grace, O' spirit of Icarian flight, for the greatest tragedy of them all to face, is to never feel the burning bright"
    Believe my lies, for I tell the truth about them. Or would you rather me lie about telling the truth?

| Sketchbook | Portfolio | dA | Facebook |

Thanks
    Thanked 1,009 Times in 538 Posts
    I'd go back in time tell my past self to stop drawing anime. Pick of some basic anatomy books and get to work. I wouldn't tell him to stop playing video games though. Some of those old PS1 RPG's were just epics. Don't make games like they used to. Used to rely on actual good stories to make up for the lack of graphics.

That CA.org was waaaay before my time but wow how things change.