Art: some recent pieces

Join 500,000+ Artists

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Hybrid View

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

some recent pieces

orc.

he's a sculpey blend with some balsa wood bits. i'm going to try casting this guy soon. don't have much experience with mold-making.

some recent pieces
    some recent pieces
    some recent pieces
    some recent pieces
    some recent pieces
    some recent pieces

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    draconian (Doctor Who)

some recent pieces
    some recent pieces
    some recent pieces

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    The Hulk

some recent pieces
    some recent pieces
    some recent pieces

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    for the orc i was planning to do the body as one two piece mold. i've used this method before with decent results.

however, i'm reading Pop Sculpture and block molds look like they might be less work. would that necessitate cutting the body into more pieces?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey, cool stuff....to answer your question....I would try to make a temporary filler under his right arm that connects to his right leg,{ a filler that you would remove after casting,} so you could pull him from a single block mould.
    Looks great.

Mah ' Crub

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Never have gotten around to casting that orc, but I've got a few new pieces.

These are some Doctor Who mini busts I've been doing.

some recent piecessome recent piecessome recent piecessome recent piecessome recent piecessome recent piecessome recent piecessome recent pieces

some recent piecessome recent piecessome recent piecessome recent piecessome recent piecessome recent piecessome recent piecessome recent pieces

some recent piecessome recent piecessome recent piecessome recent piecessome recent piecessome recent piecessome recent piecessome recent piecessome recent pieces

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Still haven't cast that guy, but I have some newer pieces.

some recent piecessome recent piecessome recent piecessome recent piecessome recent piecessome recent piecessome recent piecessome recent piecessome recent pieces

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    seeing all this stuff about casting and molding makes me realize the ballpark amount of stuff I don't know about sculpting...

to learn all that = *gulp*

Doctors heal you, Artists immortalize you.

"Those who can, do. Those who can't, teach" - bullshit.

The usual staples for anatomy:
    George Bridgman
    Joseph Sheppard
    Andrew Loomis

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.