Dungeons and Dragons?

Join 500,000+ artists on ConceptArt.Org.

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thanks

Dungeons and Dragons?

Anyone here play D&D? I have been a consistent player for about 16 years now and I never get tired of the creative aspect and the improve acting of the game. It really is the best source of entertainment when you have plenty of people to play with.

Shawn Muder
    President of Realms of Evil Games D20
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    I have been playing D&D since Feb. of 2001...and I LOOOVE it!!! So far...I have played an elven monk in a Greyhawk campaign (we played 'Return to Temple of Elemental Evil'--loved it), a tiefling cleric in a Forgotten Realms campaign...a human fighter in another F.R. campaign...

...and right now I am playing a human fighter in the 'City of the Spider Queen' module. Have you played this yet? It's fun, but HARD!!! My boyfriend is the G.M., and he says we have only gotten to page 20...and I have already died once! I have learned to protect the cleric at all costs...

My favorite part is creating characters and drawing them. I also like collecting dice, for some reason. You can never have enough dice! I also love going to Renaissance Festivals and looking for worthy dice bags. Huzzah!

Anyway, after we all die in the 'Spider Queen' module (which will be soon), my boyfriend wants to do Nightbane...looks interesting.

Thanks
    I started playing the swedish version of it in, uhm, 1986 i think, it´s called Drakar & Demoner (dragons & demons..). However, i bought Dungeons & Dragons 3:rd edition two years ago and we have had a few succesfull campaigns with it. It´s a fairly good set of rules i think, but there are better ones out there. All time favourite is WFRP.

It´s funny this thread should pop up now, as me and my group is going to play tonight for the first time in 6 months. Going to start a homemade campaign slightly based on some of Robin Hobbs books using the 3:rd edition rules.

Ok, big geeky hugs all around, but now i need to dust of my d20's and put on the GM hat!

Thanks
    I am a wizard player, myself. If it's magic or deals with magic I am its undisputed master In fact, most of my published D20 work deals with magic or monsters (sometimes both).

As far as City of the Spider Queen goes, we never did buy it. However, we did have a 5 year long campaign that dealt with Menzoberranzan when 2nd edition was still all the rage Man, I loved that particular campaign. It was great fun ^_^

Nightbane? -.- Bleh! I hate the Palladium roleplaying system...too much math and the guy who owns Palladium is a complete ass who likes to sue the fans of his own game who want to make a website about their games.

My current character is a 12th level abjurer in a Scarred Lands campaign which is ran through IRC. I haven't had an actual offline game in nearly three years, which saddens me

Shawn Muder

Thanks
    Well, I've been a player for about 3 years now, I currently have a level 14 Cleric. Yes, I'm a cheapass - therefore I play clerics.

We've never played any purchased campaigns though.

KingOfChaos: Online, how does this work? Are there special clients, or special mapping utilities?

~.cfb, proud member of the Middle Class.

Thanks
    Originally posted by .cfb
    KingOfChaos: Online, how does this work? Are there special clients, or special mapping utilities?
    Well, all we really use is a chat room and a dice bot for our online games The DM determines where everyone is standing or asks us where our characters are in relation to each other before combat ever starts. It makes it easier to keep up with what is going on. I find maps can actually turn a decent RP session into a wargame, or even worse, an argument.

Shawn Muder

Thanks
    an argument.
    Heh, now there's one of the staples of DnD...arguments...

Thanks for the info, sounds fun. I'll have to try it out. It'd certainly be more easy to organize sessions online than have to wait for everyone to be free.

~.cfb, proud member of the Middle Class.

Thanks
    Originally posted by KingOfChaos
    Nightbane? -.- Bleh! I hate the Palladium roleplaying system...too much math and the guy who owns Palladium is a complete ass who likes to sue the fans of his own game who want to make a website about their games.
    Usually, I would be in total agreement with you. I find the system in Palladium to be pretty much crap for a lot of reasons. Nightbane on the other hand has a lot of the elements that made Dark Conspiracy such a fun game for me. I am still not 100% (or 50% for that matter) in agreement with the system. I just find the system easy to pass along to novices. I am trying to get my players away from D & D and expose them to a bunch of different genres and systems.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,309 Times in 389 Posts
    I played the swedish D&D and Mutant. They were a bit less serious than the am. version. You could play a duck or different furries for example.
    duck

I'm currently illustrating this D20 game, but I'm terribly late with it:
    linky

I never really enjoyed the playing part. I just like drawing the character. When I played I was mostly the hack and slash kind of guy. I played duck a lot.

Jamen jag tror att han skäms, och har gömt sig. Vårt universum det är en av dom otaliga spermasatser som Herren i sin självhärliga ensamhet har runkat fram för å besudla intet.

Thanks
    Originally posted by Prometheus|ANJ
    I played the swedish D&D and Mutant. They were a bit less serious than the am. version. You could play a duck or different furries for example.
    duck

I'm currently illustrating this D20 game, but I'm terribly late with it:
    linky

I never really enjoyed the playing part. I just like drawing the character. When I played I was mostly the hack and slash kind of guy. I played duck a lot.
    Really? I find playing to be extremely creative and that it actually inspires me in both writing and art.

As far as DragonMech goes, is any of that artwork on that page yours?

Shawn Muder

Thanks
    Originally posted by Chimpira

Usually, I would be in total agreement with you. I find the system in Palladium to be pretty much crap for a lot of reasons. Nightbane on the other hand has a lot of the elements that made Dark Conspiracy such a fun game for me. I am still not 100% (or 50% for that matter) in agreement with the system. I just find the system easy to pass along to novices. I am trying to get my players away from D & D and expose them to a bunch of different genres and systems.
    I recommend Call of Cthulhu. It's a great game because it makes the players rely on something other than laying the smack down on something with swords and spells. In fact, CoC characters rarely live more than two or three sessions in many games, especially with those Keepers that love to place actual elder gods and greater servitor races against their PCs. I personally prefer the more subtle mystery type of games where my character doesn't have to worry about being swallowed whole by some horror from beyond the stars ^_^

The system itself is fairly simple. You gain skill points based on your stats and assign them to skills as a percentage. Now, what's funny is you can make ANYTHING a skill in CoC. It's interesting to see what players can come up with on the spot

Shawn Muder

Thanks
    Originally posted by .cfb

Heh, now there's one of the staples of DnD...arguments...
    LOL

Well, not for our group. In fact, we banned arguing and infighting during our games Plus, arguing with the DM can land your character naked in a hostile camp of orc transvestites

Hey, that'd make a nifty picture ^_^

Shawn Muder

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.