Thanks

My latest hand-killer *UPDATE*

Wow, im finally done with this one. Ugh...my hand . Well, not much to say bout Mr. Williams here....i took the picture and then printed it off my comp and drew it. I used a 4H, a 3B, a 6B and a blender. Sorry about the glare....it was hard getting a good picture of the drawing, so parts look too light and stuff. Lemme know what you guys think!

Ok, before i change the drawing itself tomorrow i thought id play around with it in photoshop tonight a bit....and this is the result. Pretty much, I changed the levels (thanks Scratched Glass ) tried to make the hair coming out of the top look more attached as well as smoothed the BG lines (nod to mtw there), and last but certainly not least I took the contrast on the inner ear and made it slightly darker (good call there Blackarts)....and that's that . Ill put up the "real" thing tomorrow after i edit it, but some feedback on what it could potentially look like (bar the level change, naturally) would be nice. So, im done blabbing now, take a look!

My Unaltered Original

My latest hand-killer *UPDATE*
    Last edited by Dark Eternal; April 22nd, 2004 at 10:11 PM.
    "The Black Wind Howls"
    -Magus

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks

Thumbs up

Wow, that's pretty damn impressive! I particularly like the hair on the back of his hands. Well done!
    "Every generation sees the past though the lens of its own time." - Thom Hartmann

Thanks
    You've got good control over your medium. The hair to the left of the split doesn't feel like it's apart of his head. The background has visible vertical pencile strokes. That's not necessarily bad, but it might not be something you want.

Thanks
    I like the penicl strokes in the BG it adds some texture to it. You did a good job of the rendering, the only thing that catches my eye is the inside of the ear, which just looks a bit too sharp.

Thanks
    I think its very good. Not exactly may taste of style but good in its own.
    and thats all..

Thanks

Thanks all

hey guys,
    the inner ear bothers me too now that you mention it...ill darken it too set it back further. The hair, I will admit, was rushed . And the pencil strokes do need a going over again, need some smoothing out.
    ok, well, I can edit some of the small things like those without messin with it to much, so, ill be back....
    thanks again
    Later
    "The Black Wind Howls"
    -Magus

Thanks
    I severely envy you, that is just awesome.

Thanks
    if you want to mess with the contrast, bring it into photoshop and mess with the levels. that will fix the light and dark problem right up.
    I think its Scratched.

Thanks
    Why are you doing this?

Thanks

Why am I doing this...

Well, I'm a senior in High School and I'm working to try and get my A.P. portfolio ready so I can apply for scholarships and such, those private colleges are kinda expensive . So, for my portfolio and for fun (well, sometimes it is more frustrating then fun with my photorealist stuff!). I also occasionally do stuff like this by commission for a few extra bucks. I hope that answered your question...not exactly sure what you meant but hope i got it.
    Later
    "The Black Wind Howls"
    -Magus

Thanks
    Are you learning from this, or is this mainly to get into school? If the former, what are you learning? Who are you being commissioned by for work like this?

What type of work do you want to do when you work professionally, assuming that is your goal?

Thanks

wow, i was off a bit then..lol

ok, question...
    1) I am definitely, definitely learning from my drawings and the work and ideas of other people. I feel that every drawing I do is in someway much improved over the one before. So, I think I'm definitely learning alot, but theres still alot more to learn as I can plainly see from the other artists on this site . And yes, school is definitely a big concern as well; and I'm still not sure I'll have enough work done by the end of school... .

2) Who commissions me? Well, for the most part just teachers, freinds, parents (others' parents that is lol), some local organizations, etc.. And before we moved, last year I worked for my high school during the summer being paid to do the graphic design for pretty much anything the school wanted done, i.e. sports programs, school newspapers, yearbook, murals, etc. That was really fun, and a great learning experience.

3) Well, when I grow up , I want to do conceptual art for video games. Yeah, not the most original idea around here, but what I've always wanted to do anyhow . The photorealism is actually not my favorite stuff to do, maybe ill put some of my conceptual stuff up here for you guys to see...although its nowhere as good as most of you guys on here....
    Well, I think that just about covers it....sorry if I rambled a bit
    Later!
    "The Black Wind Howls"
    -Magus

Thanks

Thumbs up awesome

Wow, I like this alot. I particularly like the harsh dark shadows. It helps set a mood much more than the original. I also like the darkness in the inner ear, it shows how deep it is.

_-_-_-_StIn()g/\tR()N_-_-_-_

Thanks

small problem

Something doesn't quite look right with the left side of his face (the viewers right) and mouth. The tone of his moustache/beard against the bg appears too light. That makes that area appear flat. My eye wants to add a cheekbone along that side of the face because it appears as if something is missing. I think a darker tone in the moustache area would help to push this back in space and correct the problem.

BTW, excellent work on the eyes.