Art: 1/6 Throne for predators
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: 1/6 Throne for predators

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

1/6 Throne for predators

Hello fellow artist,
    I wanted to join and add to the thread for a while now but i waited for progress first to give a better idea of the plan here.Here's recent pictures,

The throne is made out of air drying clay and the queen is made from sculpey, its still a WIP.The idea is to have the dead queen hanging of the back of the throne

Thanks for any comments or ideas.Love all the work on these pages.I dont add too many comments due to my skill level and knowledge.But I view everyones work daily here.

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I think you did really well getting air drying clay to do anything. That stuff is such a swine to work with. Look forward to seeing it all put together and painted. Looks like a really fun project.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by techyfox View Post
    I think you did really well getting air drying clay to do anything. That stuff is such a swine to work with. Look forward to seeing it all put together and painted. Looks like a really fun project.
    Yeah i learned alot about the air drying clay.I would'nt do it again if possible.
    Thanks for the comment its been a fun project for sure.
    The queen head i started 6 months ago is that okay for scupley?Is there a time limit to bake it?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by zuckuss77 View Post
    Yeah i learned alot about the air drying clay.I would'nt do it again if possible.
    Thanks for the comment its been a fun project for sure.
    The queen head i started 6 months ago is that okay for scupley?Is there a time limit to bake it?
    I'm not exactly sure of the life of Sculpey. Out in the open it does gradually dry out. I've had pieces being worked on for quite a few months out in the open and they're still fine but I get nervous when too many months pass. The problem seems to be the oil leeches out of the clay and then it becomes very brittle and doesn't blend together. I'm not sure how that affects the cooking but I'd hate to be in a position to have to try and cook it.

I believe you can add oil if its dried out a little. Sculpey sell the oil and I can report it works very well if you want to make clay softer and I'm sure rubbed into a finished model that's turning brittle, it would help prolong its life/aid in cooking.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thanks for the help on this site guys and i am still plug'in away at this thing.Wow what have i got into is the question.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey just wanted to share what i was doing , i asked alot of question on this site and have had the most help here. Thanks everyone here and anyone reading this i have loved all the sculpts ive seen.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    damn this is cool keep it up!

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.