Dell U2410 Monitor

Join 500,000+ artists on ConceptArt.Org.

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thanks

Thumbs down Dell U2410 Monitor

Hey all,

Just to let you know my personal experience with this monitor. I own the older version 2408WFP which is great overall.

Here's the Specs:
    U2410f
    Date of Mfg: May 2011
    Assembled in Mexico
    Rev A04

If you have been reading user reviews you'll find that most complaints are over bad pink and blue/green tinting. Text that's unsharp. Along with banding issues and dithering issues.

Well, unfortunately mine has problems with the tinting, bad text display, and uneven back lighting.

According to Dell's FAQ on U2410, the tinting falls within manufacturing specifications. Well, if you watch movies or play games these problems will disappear. But once you try to edit a photo, paint, or read some text, you'll notice these problems. I was hoping Dell would have fixed these issues but they claim it's normal.

So I'm sending it back for a full refund. Just hope if any of you are considering this monitor to look else where. It's sad that the 2408WFP is superior to its replacement the U2410.

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    It's why I'll never buy a DELL monitor, just because it's H-IPS doesn't make it bullet proof, plus they change quality too arbitrarily with all the different revisions, I would rather get an IPS HP monitor which aren't that much expensive compared to a DELL, or, an Eizo FlexScan which is what I have now.

Last edited by Portus; June 5th, 2011 at 08:20 PM.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.