IllustStudio

Join 500,000+ Artists

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: IllustStudio

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

IllustStudio

Has anyone used this program?

Ive gots it and its pretty darn good with ram. Expecially for pc users who gots ram hogging shvosts.

IllustStudio

IllustStudio

the thing i like about this program that i cant figure out how to do in photoshop is when i paint two different colors they blend and smudge like real paint. Kinda like oil pastel or guache.

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Yeah it's great and cheap! I've tried it some time ago, the blending is thus far the best of any program imo. I also captured some brushes, which gave me some cool results, it's hard to use because it's in Japanese, I'm starting to wonder if it will ever be released internationally.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Photoshop doesn't have a way to paint two different colors and have them blend and smudge like real paint. Well.. unless you manage to get your hands on CS5 which has a mixing ability (but very very slow at 300 pi 2000x2000 px unless you got a godly computer).

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Tikeo, I was just wondering which later CS version did that. I was hoping CS4 but oh well (am using CS2 at the moment). You can easily blend the hues together manually adjusting any brush just right to your taste.

Illustudio looks great for an additional tool to my own art arsenal and I look foward to testing it out!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Quofalcon View Post
    Tikeo, I was just wondering which later CS version did that. I was hoping CS4 but oh well (am using CS2 at the moment). You can easily blend the hues together manually adjusting any brush just right to your taste.

Illustudio looks great for an additional tool to my own art arsenal and I look foward to testing it out!
    if you have an ipad they have an app called "Adobe Lava," that can mix the color for you.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterofElements View Post
    Has anyone used this program?

Ive gots it and its pretty darn good with ram. Expecially for pc users who gots ram hogging shvosts.

IllustStudio

IllustStudio

the thing i like about this program that i cant figure out how to do in photoshop is when i paint two different colors they blend and smudge like real paint. Kinda like oil pastel or guache.
    Just gave it a go and it's pretty baddazz. I don't understand why this thing isn't more popular. It's got brushes like photoshop, blends like painter, has sai like inking functions and manga studio style rulers and curve features. The company really should make an already translated version. They'd make a ton of money. Another under appreciated program is Krita. Grant you the windows version is a bit buggy (as compared to the native linux version), but it's getting fixes at least once or twice a week and is shaping up nicely.

Thanks for the post, this will be another go to drawing tool - hell if it was in all english it would replace photoshop for painting all together.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to artmessiah For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    This is by far the best painter application out there imo. It has everything really.

One and only thing I can think of straight off the bat is that the UI could be a bit more intuitive. Things like easier access to brush customizer and custom palettes ala Painter would be great.

There really should be a kickstarter for something like this. Can't have Asia keep all this greatness to themselves.

Last edited by PoromC; April 7th, 2012 at 03:53 AM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by PoromC View Post
    There really should be a kickstarter for something like this. Can't have Asia keep all this greatness to themselves.
    qft
    I'd buy/donate towards an English mac native release anytime

on the fourth day of glitchmas my painter™ gave to me
    four random crashes, three broken brushes, two system hangups & one corrupted workspace

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I tried the JP version of Illustudio early last year, it is quite an awesome program. I was looking to place it on my TabletPC to get Painter/Illustrator like functions w/ a lower memory load, but never got around to getting my own copy and trying it out. It did seem to have a UI that was a bit all over the place, but then again, I never focused solely on using it enough to customize the workspace. Thanks for this bump though, Imma try it out again

Chipsterology Sketchbook - Open for crits - 24hrs
    http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...d.php?t=126257
    Twitter: Chipsterology

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Where do you get this? Is there an english patch somewhere? That 2nd screenshot has english, so I'm hopeful at least.

Definitely want to give it a try.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by B-nine View Post
    Where do you get this? Is there an english patch somewhere? That 2nd screenshot has english, so I'm hopeful at least.

Yeah, I want to know too! It looks really good, where can you get an english patched version from? I know this thread's been dead for about 2 weeks, but still really want to know.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by B-nine View Post

Update: Found an English patched version! Haven't had much time to play around with it but ask me if you want links!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    What is the newest English patched version?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I'm interested in this also. Is there a demo copy available? For AUD$100 it's a steal IF it suits my purposes but I HAVE to try before I buy.

I'd love to hear about this english patch also.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Banning maybe coming soon.

Jay's CA.org Sketchbook:
    Jay's Conceptart.org sketchbook

Check out my portfolio:
    http://jasonrossart.carbonmade.com

Check out my blog:
    http://mind2pixels.blogspot.com

"Practice" DOES NOT make perfect...
    "Perfect Practice" makes perfect...

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Perhaps I should clarify but my question was pretty clear. I'm happy to purchase as stated if it suits my needs but am looking for a demo of the app to trial it first. An English one even better. Does anyone have any advice?

Thanks
    Thanked 4,259 Times in 2,074 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by noosarob View Post
    Perhaps I should clarify but my question was pretty clear. I'm happy to purchase as stated if it suits my needs but am looking for a demo of the app to trial it first. An English one even better. Does anyone have any advice?
    From what I understand is that Illustudio may actually be subscription based.

http://www.illuststudio.net/

Thanks
    Thanked 1,004 Times in 654 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    It is a an excellent program. It's a shame they seem to have no interest in releasing an English version.

There is an alternative, however. Manga Studio looks like it has the same sort of features, it's available in English and the entry version is only $50.

Thanks
    Thanked 4,259 Times in 2,074 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by HunterKiller_ View Post
    There is an alternative, however. Manga Studio looks like it has the same sort of features, it's available in English and the entry version is only $50.
    On a side note, it is kinda funny that the box covers for Manga studio weren't even done in Manga studio.

I wish they'd work on the UI in both Illustudio and Manga studio, it's a bit cumbersome.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,004 Times in 654 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    It seems to me like cluttered UI's is a trend amongst Japanese software.

Personally, I don't mind at all. SI's UI is entirely customizable, right down to the last button. I would take that any day over an uncustomizable one.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,044 Times in 378 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Goddd... One of these days I'll have a system setup where I can boot into an English Windows and then a Japanese Windows.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    slightly offt, but did anyone here try CLIP PAINT LAB?
    http://www.clip-studio.com/clip_site/cliplab
    it's available for both windows and mac os, multithreaded, 64 bit native, super fast;
    interface is quite ugly but it doesn't matter anyway;
    their colour wheel is offered in painter style (Sat/Val triangle + hue wheel) or photoshop/artrage style (Sat/Val rectangle + hue wheel), also resizable;
    getting through japanese text is a pain, though, there're lots of settings and customizations that are either obvious through click and try, or not obvious at all and easy to screw up

if they make an English release, I'd be officially over painter.
    CPL wins at clean rendering at any zoom, up to 2000 px brush size (50 k max canvas dimensions), pretty much flawless blending, perfect inking tools, great and quick airbrushes (something that painter blows at since p. 9 or so);
    canvas rotation is also mapped to "-" and ";" buttons so it's possible to assign them to intuos 3 touch-strips (for those who didn't upgrade to i4/5)
    a lot of brush parameters are pressure-mapable (which painter has as well), and every pressure-based setting has its own pressure curve, mudbox style. perfection.
    not sure if custom brushes and textures are easy to create since it's all Japanese only and feels quite overwhelming at first.

it's probably also way cheaper than painter and PS (can't figure out pricing right now) and works like a lightweight better version of painter sans rendered brushes, tacky wet media simulation and photocloning

Last edited by ikken; May 22nd, 2012 at 01:03 PM.
    four random crashes, three broken brushes, two system hangups & one corrupted workspace

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    So it's by the same company that makes Illustudio? Apparently, they are going to release CLIP STUDIO PAINT PRO at the end of this month. Some are saying it MIGHT get localized, but I really don't know where they got that from?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    there's an unofficial English patch for earlier versions, but I have no idea if a legit localized version is in works. I really hope it is, tho.

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.