Thread: GCSE Final Exam

Thanks

Unhappy GCSE Final Exam

Hey, im not sure if i shud post it here, if not sorry.

In a week i will be taking my final art exam for GCSE and due to very bad communication from the teacheri have had a serious lack of time to prepare, and i am really stuggling to find real inspiration and ideas for my piece. I was hoping that people on here could give some advice, as this is the place where there are the most concentrated amount of artists at my disposal, lol.
    My project is on the fixed subject of: 'Safety Contained' - and my sub-topic is 'Memories'.
    The final piece can be basically anything from a drawing to a sculpture but im limited to 10 hours, 5 each day. At the moment i have been studying work by Marc Chagall, Paul Nash, Dao Hai Phong and Peter Howson, as a recent i dea given to me was the subject of war, and both Paul Nash and Peter Howson have direct relations to the area. And as i hve an interest it bold colour use i chose to study Dao Hai Phong and Marc Chagall, also all of these artists are related to memories in some way. To find further inspiration i have been studying poetry and music, by people such as David Bowie and varius poets ranging from 1500-present day.
    Any help and advice would be greatly apreciated, and any ideas would be fantastic. Thanks.

Craig.

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    I take it the war idea was given due to the codes and secret information kept and obtained by spys during wars, do something espionage based in my opinion abetter james bond I don't know.

Thanks
    no i was thinking more along the lines of like people who lived thru wars, the experience is a very vivid and emotional memory for them and i felt it was one of the strongest memories people were likly to have, and it wud also tie in with recent events. and also whenpeople die in wars its like losing the memory of a loved one or something along those lines.