In need of a passionate illustrator/artist...
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

In need of a passionate illustrator/artist...

Hello all, and thank you for your interest thus far in what I have to say. I've been searching the internet for about a month straight now, everyday looking for at least some new place where I could possibly find an illustrator/artist for my project. Now, the next line I'm about to say will probably turn a lot of you away, but I urge you to at least read this all the way through before you discard this plea. My partners and I are looking for an illustrator/artist that will for now work on a no-pay basis. The three of us have been writing for a long time; I have for over ten years as well as one of my othr partners. We always dreamed that one day our work would be published and to let the world decide if what we do is worth it. We as writers work for free, so no one is getting paid on this project as of yet. We hope to one day publish our work, and whatever profits we bring in at that point will be divided equally among everyone involved. Please, if there's an illustrator/artist out there that can understand that passion and pride in your work is much more valuable than a dollar amount, I urge you to send me an e-mail at BigBadBull809100@aim.com Even if you have some doubts, e-mail me anyway and at least get a whiff of our project, it may entice you to stick around. All we ask is a chance, to give us one and take one yourself. Thank you for your time.

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Don't ask others to invest in your dreams. Get a job and gather the necessary money instead.
    Also, we have a sub forum for this, Non paying jobs in the jobs section.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Agreed with Hysoka. Artists here work for money, not just because they care more for it than your beautiful, cheery dreams, but because it's their JOB and how they survive. If it's YOUR dream, why do you expect someone else to work on it for free just because you do? If it's your dream to remodel your house, then you expect the builder to work for free? Of course not!

We no longer have a "non-paid" jobs forum. You have to register at Job Mob and post in the "opportunities" section.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,482 Times in 736 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Also, you could mosey on over to Amazon, sign up and be a published author today. Just sayin'.

I was once on the receiving end of a critique so savagely nasty, I marched straight out of class to the office and changed my major (sketchbook).

Elwell is offline Sticks Like Grim Death Level 17 Gladiator: Spartacus' Dimachaeri
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,667 Times in 5,020 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Hey Big Phil, read this. And then read this. And finally, read this.
    That's why you won't find anybody to help you with this, and shouldn't. It's the height of selfishness to ask somebody else to work for no compensation (and don't fool yourself, there will be no compensation) in order for you to make your dreams come true.

Tristan Elwell
    **Finished Work Thread **Process Thread **Edges Tutorial

Crash Course for Artists, Illustrators, and Cartoonists, NYC, the 2013 Edition!

"Work is more fun than fun."
    -John Cale

"Art is supposed to punch you in the brain, and it's supposed to stay punched."
    -Marc Maron

6. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to Elwell For This Useful Post:

+ Show/Hide list of the thanked

Thanks
    Thanked 1,482 Times in 736 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    That was a great read, Elwell.

Though the bane of my professional life hasn't been strangers, but friends and family who ask me to work for free. That doesn't sound too awful until I think how much of it I've done.

I was once on the receiving end of a critique so savagely nasty, I marched straight out of class to the office and changed my major (sketchbook).

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    You all raised good points, and I'm sorry if I offended anyone with this. Like I said, we only started this recently, so everyday is a learning experience on what to do, what not to do, what to say, and what not to say. I didn't think in the ways you all pointed out and you're right, I wouldn't ask a carpenter to work for free on my dream house. I apologize for offending anyone, and I'll keep everything I read in mind as I progress. Thank you and I'm sorry for wasting your time.

9. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Big Phil For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Elwell, great read - thanks for posting it.

I love articles that reaffirm that as artists and writers, we have a skill worth paying for. (assuming we're good at what we do)

Doctors heal you, Artists immortalize you.

"Those who can, do. Those who can't, teach" - bullshit.

The usual staples for anatomy:
    George Bridgman
    Joseph Sheppard
    Andrew Loomis

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.