Sketchbook: Acki - SB - Page 2

Join 500,000+ Artists

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Acki - SB

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hey man great stuff so far. love that first one of you and the goblin type thing. you have a really soft rendering technique that i admire, when i do that it looks like a 3d render.
    keep rocking those studies and creatures and you'll go far. how are your environments?

Sketchbook
    Blog
    cts.sanders@googlemail.com
    Facebook

"Don't Stop 'Til You Get Enough" - Michael Jackson
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
  3. The Following User Says Thank You to Chris Sanders For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,673 Times in 1,473 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    That is some SERIOUS study. Very inspiring. Thanks, man. You let us all know there's an extra level of effort to push--because the effort shows in your results. One of the most inspiring books here, IMO.

Thinking connects desire with creation.
    How good are you?

The Road to Perdition
    clog

5. The Following User Says Thank You to p sage For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Nice studies dude, big amount of work there. I like writing notes myself. Keep it up man, that stuff pays off

7. The Following User Says Thank You to FUSHANDCHUPS For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    It's great to see all the anatomy study! High marks for that portrait in #43 and the excellent rendering of the back in #41.

I really respond to your characters...like the hulking guy and the physically distorted alien thingy dood above.

Great work and keep 'em coming!

- A man diligent and skillful in his work will stand before kings -
    - All hard work brings a profit, but mere talk leads only to poverty -

"You can't design what you don't know." Jeff Watts (as seen in Windmaker's SB)

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Jephyr X For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thanks for the comments guys.

I am in some trouble now...

In my job I have to juggle 30-45 heavy mail bags, getting them into a van and throw them out at certain checkpoints then have to sort mails to deliver them directly and write some stuff. This has to be done in 4hrs. I need 5-7hrs, overtime doesn't get paid properly. In this time you don't eat, don't drink, don't go to the toilet, you are running instantly.

The shit is, that I habe a brith defect on both elbows. Dislocated radiushead, and the ulna is drilling into the triquetrum. Can't turn both wrists, and full elbow movement is not possible

Now I am blessed with a ganglion on the left wrist, can't grab stuff with my fingertips without pain. Plus a wrist tendonitis on the right wrist. I never thought that I would have any problems, because I was a powerlifter for years, handling 200kg on the benchpress in a benchshirt as a 18 year old. 165kg without wrist bandages and raw. I 've thought I was invulnerable with the stuff I have achieved in my sports.

But I am not, and that was reason enough to fire me after only one week...I need my hand. I was willing to continue working, if they just give me this fucking weekend to cure it out, but they said that it does not pay off for them.
    If I would continue and ignore it I could become a complete cripple.

Now I am driving to the doc, let my mother tell me again what a loser I am and that I will never achieve my dreams....fucking hell...

Let's see what the doc says. I already have my plans in my head, and if I have to draw with my feet, I will achieve that stuff I have set out for me.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,673 Times in 1,473 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Damn, son That's some serious bad news.

I believe in you, though. You will draw with your feet, or anything. You seem to have the fire, and this sort of a setback will make your ultimate success even that much more dramatic considering the physical problems.

Good luck, dude. Hope you get sorted out to the better.

Thinking connects desire with creation.
    How good are you?

The Road to Perdition
    clog

12. The Following User Says Thank You to p sage For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    thank you for the encouragement sir

I have got plaster like hand supports on both arms. But i figured out how to draw with them. Have to draw with the whole arm and shoulder now. I will post some sketches soon. 2 fingers are free, that is enough.
    enough for drawing and studying, plus preparing my application as tattoo apprentice, with which I will head to vienna. As soon as my wrists are cool again I will make use of the winter and look for seasonal jobs or carry out some pizza.

@dog-faced: thank you. Enviromentals ... they are for sure useful for pushing the limits further, especially for imaginative drawing. I will do them soon with landscape paintings.

cheerz

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    wow, really impressive sketchbook! i love your style, it's a very delicate mix of realistic and cartoony, very expressive!

seriously don't know what to critique, I've seen professional artists with much less skill. maybe you should just skip education and go straight into concepting?

15. The Following User Says Thank You to NeonDuck For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Oh, thank you for the kind words sir. I am constantly swaying between realism and cartoons, because both areas have got their own advantages. Combining realism with cartoon is something that gives incredible freedom in the expression of meaning. But I still have a long way to go to reach that level.

EDIT:

I must be honest.

Why I don't want to skip education: Because everything is great. Tattooing, Illustration, Creature Design, Comics, fine art.
    Everything has got big advantages, though sometimes small disadvantages as well. Boundaries of the medium, like in tattooing, but therefore you have got company, no antisocial hrs, travelling. Look at Nick Baxter, Jesse Smith, Tommy Lee Wendtner. Great guys, great craft. Creature- and charakterdesign is just incredible, do I have more to say than "Carlos Huante, Florian Satzinger or Francisco Herrera"? Illustration is also an area, which deserves incredible respect, the old masters did it with getting some life into mythologie and great guys like Paul Bonner, Donato Giancola, Dos Santos, Manchess and many more are carrying it on on a high level.
    Fine Art in general: Showing your soul and mirror the world. Bouguereau, Roberto Ferri, Robert Liberace, Jeremy Geddes, Greg Craola Simkins. This is what I am thinking about the most.
    Comics and Caricature: How the fuck can you better tell a story or crit than in this way?

I would love to do it all. Seriously. My head is spinning into every direction. Immediately entering every area. But that is a stupid thought on the other side. You can only master a certain craft by beating on it constantly, without distractions.

I might don't have the money for a good classical atelier or schools like the art academies in florence or anything else, but I have heart. And when I sit still, go deep inside me and think about what I want to do the first thought showing up is: fine art. I want to paint, inspire people, and help those who don't know where to go. Creating personal fine art would be..just great. Tattooing can be a sppringboard, but the fact that the medium is hindering one and that I wouldn't want customers with egoistic thinking, who just want to pimp their beauty, does not make things easier. Because the most studios want profit above creating beauty, and there is no place for time consuming tattoo artwork. Many just want/need much money, loving the business side more than anything else. I don't. But anyways, designing something for people, which want to show their soul, their life on their skin with an image, just great. And it can be a great springboard. That is why I am thinking about entering into an apprenticeship. But the egotism is a point which disturbs me here.

This is why I am trying to learn more and finally develop a sickening work ethic to reach a certain point, which I would call a solid foundation and deciding in which direction I have to head as a next step . I am not quite there yet.

The only thing that I know is that fine art painting is resonating with me the most. And I really do not know why, I can't even paint.

But I have no idea of how to get there. We will see. I will take those opportunities, which show up, and hope that they are leading me to my desired craft...

cheers

Last edited by AckermannPhilip; October 22nd, 2011 at 12:05 PM.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to AckermannPhilip For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Ludic For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Sorry to hear about all the struggles...health, job, career. You do beautiful work...so I hope it all gets sorted!!

- A man diligent and skillful in his work will stand before kings -
    - All hard work brings a profit, but mere talk leads only to poverty -

"You can't design what you don't know." Jeff Watts (as seen in Windmaker's SB)

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Jephyr X For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 2,207 Times in 882 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Hi Ackermann

You have built an amazingly inspiring sketchbook in just 2 pages, I applaud your work ethic, you sound like you have thought out what you want to do in a very grounded realistic way which is more than I can say for myself at your age As for which area you want to concentrate on definitely listen to your heart. I went and studied Illustration because it was what I thought would give me a better advantage to making a living but it really sucked the life out of the process for me and I wish now I'd taken fine art. However the illustration course taught me the harsh lessons of this industry and maybe fine art wouldn't have, you never know really. Also my friend studied printmaking at university and ended up becoming a tattooist for a few years until he couldn't stand to draw another english bulldog or welsh dragon on someones arm but his technique now with a pen is flawless and he seems to have fallen into chainsaw sculpture which he is very good at life takes you on funny turns and just because you choose one style doesn't mean you're stuck with it, usually one informs the other.

Anyway sorry for sharing my experiences on your sketchbook but I just wanted to say you're not alone and carry on what you're doing, it seems to be working. And good luck with future applications you have awesome skills any school would be proud to help you develop. Have you looked at TAD here? Their online classes are some of the best I've seen.

Last edited by Angel Intheuk; October 27th, 2011 at 10:44 AM.

23. The Following User Says Thank You to Angel Intheuk For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Beautiful work - I don't have the time to say more now as I'm late for work, but this is just amazing! Can't wait to see more

25. The Following User Says Thank You to Saramel For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hello. When you posted in the "Insecurity" thread I thought you would be just some random beginner that is not very good. I was very impressed by your work, however. Some of your stuff reminded me of Carlos Huante, which should be a VERY big compliment

I just wanted to stop by and comment on your reflection about the different branches and paths you can go with your art. Even though I am just 19 and I am still getting my foundation skills going, I have talked to a lot of people when I was trying to decide on what to focus on. The response was usually the same. When I asked pros about this, they just told me that I need stop worrying about technique as much until I had a really solid foundation in the many disciplines of art (Value, color, composition, anatomy, etc etc). They said that when that happens, I would have learned not how to say a phrase, but rather how to speak a language. A language of art. And with this language I could say what I wanted. I guess what I am trying to say is that you should not limit yourself to one thing. I know that many tattoo artists have sketchbooks, many designers paint beautiful paintings on the side and so on. Keep working and I am sure that you will eventually find your way. You are very talented so you should not limit yourself!

Good luck!

27. The Following User Says Thank You to Saraiva For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Screw this, I'm off to draw. This sketchbook is too inspiring/ motivating to not!

29. The Following User Says Thank You to Slothboy3000 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Wow! Your stuff is really nice, love your style!

31. The Following User Says Thank You to Rebecka For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Ha, I am building a wood fired oven. I hope the cold doesn't get you before your next post. I will be watching.

love the monster in post 41.

33. The Following User Says Thank You to James Gerard For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey my friends. I am sorry that I didn't find the time to update or reply.

But I recorded some warmups in the last days. I hope you enjoy them and get at least a little inspiration. The first video is the old sketch from a few months ago. I did not fell right, so I decided to change it while warming up every day. Number 2-4 are the new ones.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SXviE...nuZDX1wlYI3xPh

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xkkli...eature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mh5mX...eature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Vk3D..._order&list=UL

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Don't fear the color. Let me do that for you. I'm really good at that. Just noticed I've been doing the same old anatomy studies for the past month. I tend to get weird burst doing color work and then forget to do them for a while. A really shitty habit.

Anyway great sketchbook you have here. I've also noticed that you give really good crits and advise on people's sketchbooks. And for these things I salute thee.

36. The Following User Says Thank You to Mikko Voipio For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hello Ackermann,
    i am intreagued by your sketchbook so i subscribed.
    I got exited by the Carlos Huante influences.
    About your acrylics, i was wondering which underground do you use??

38. The Following User Says Thank You to Kroamer For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    really love to see the process of your traditional work. great stuff.

"IF AT FIRST YOU DON'T SUCCEED, TRY, TRY AGAIN." - Teachers Manual -

"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." - Einstein -

40. The Following User Says Thank You to Bakker For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Your work is so solid with so much form, hot damn man, beautiful.

42. The Following User Says Thank You to TFsean For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Agreed^^

Beautiful rendering skills. Love the toned paper drawing/paintings. Keep it up!

44. The Following User Says Thank You to Killer Napkins For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Very inspirational sketchbook!

~zombifried

"Try not. Do or do not!! There is no try"
    -Yoda, The Empire Strikes Back

zombifried's sketchbook
    zombifried's sculpture thread

46. The Following User Says Thank You to zombifried For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    man the portrait on #68 is coming along really nicely, mad skills

48. The Following User Says Thank You to Jesus Food For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Those "careless sketches" are amazing! So much life in them. congratulations and may I ask to see more of these?

Don't call me evil, it ain't PC!

Sketchbook

deviantArt

50. The Following User Says Thank You to Ethically Challenged For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I will dig some old ones out on the weekend, but I haven't got very much anymore. I gave them all to the fire.... I burn everything I can't stand. But It is amazing to get such a comment from an amazing artist like you. Love the painting of your knight on your deviant site. How did you attack it? Iwouldn't know how to make that up or where to get some ref if I wanted to create such an atmospheric piece.

To the rest: If some oil painters are stumbling to my sb, please leave some crits here on my oil portrait if you have got the time. I appreciate any thought.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    some nice paintings in here. I love seeing your progress. I never used oil so can't help you on that.

53. The Following User Says Thank You to PS Zant For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 2,718 Times in 2,450 Posts
    Follows
    Following

All that I can say that this is all fantastic, I went
    through your work and I am amazed.
    And you are only 20 yrs old ?!?

Sketchbook
    [last update; 21st June 2014]
    SEXUAL CONTENT !WARNING!
    DeviantArt
    blog

...looking for a freelance work...
    In search for a Freelance work

55. The Following User Says Thank You to LtPlissken For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    good work. nice to see some paints and pencils on the forums.

57. The Following User Says Thank You to Mosheim For This Useful Post:

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Members who have read this thread: 1