Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
    Thanks
    @ dawnusllaw

Thanks for stopping by!

Here are some more faces. Been doing some still lives of tomatoes too but they are absolutely horrible. lol Tomatoes are way harder to draw than eggs. XD I'll post one of my attempts after doing a few more of them. And last but not least, here are some 30 sec gestures. I'm trying to do a page, front and back, a day.

Attached Images Attached Images                  
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Thanks for stoping by my little sketchbook, I see you are Improveing greatly since you started, Improvments in sketchbooks like yours is why I started mine. Some of your Direct observations are really sharp. I hope to see more of you.

Last edited by Stryno; July 5th, 2012 at 11:05 PM.
    Sketchbook-Stryno's Thoughts
    "I spent my childhood dreaming about who I would be as an adult, now I am an adult I spend my life dreaming of who I was as a child"
    "I play Guitar because I like music, I draw because I have to."

Thanks
    Man, looking through this thread is amazing. The work and tenacity here is really inspiring. Consider yourself subbed.

I hate just leaving a thread without some sort constructive critism, but honestly, you're doing the one thing you- and I, and everyone else- needs to be doing- drawing all the time! And, you're being incredibly observant and thorough to boot. Keep at em'.

sketch brick ->

Thanks
    hey, dropped by to say wow, astounding work
    but i'm going to offer a suggestion, make your pencil lines more fluid, atm it's quite messy, and preferably use a darker pencil (4b onwards, you can draft in hb,2b though)

or maybe you should draw straight with pens and live with the mistakes ;D

my tumblr.

my sketchbook! <- sketchbook, drop me a critque!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to gen5 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    @ Styrno

Thank you! I find your sketchbook to be highly inspirational as well. We'll get there eventually! Just gotta keep pushing. ^^

@ crow winters

Awww, thanks a lot. I appreciate it. Gotta keep drawing..all day..everyday. It's the least I can do if I'm going to be bumming around for the summer. :p

@ gen5

Thanks! I'm glad you enjoyed snooping around in here.

When you talk about the fluidity of my lines are you talking specifically about my gestures or just my work in general? Because I know my gestures can be quite the train wreck at times. XD Also, thanks for the tip about using a darker pencil. I normally use 2B and just try to press down harder but it's totally against my nature, I just can't do it. So I definitely need to start using a softer pencil for general sketching. Oh and I actually started a sketchbook where I use only non-erasable tools. It's so stressful! LOL But I know it's good for me! Anyway, thanks for stopping by.

Okay, not much today. Sort of feeling out of my element but I did go to figure drawing class today. We had a male model...and he was kind of cute. Unfortunately though my drawings aren't so cute. >_>

It's obvious that I need to work more on anatomy. Once again, I apologize for how washed out everything seems. I'll work on getting softer pencils so things become easier to see.

Thanks
    Great work on those studies! I think tho that you should try to practice abit more on drawing the basic figure or the construction of the figure. I've tried both Loomis and bridgman and find them abit to hard to start with.

I found this really helpful to begin with.

twilightmoon777's Sketchbook

hope it helps!

Sketchbook -------- Blog

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Bowandbrush For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    @ Bowandbrush

Thanks for the suggestion and thanks for stopping by.

Okay so it's been awhile. Maybe 2 weeks plus? Well anyway, I finally finished my 100 heads challenge! I learned a lot and I did improve, even though it wasn't by much, so I'm pretty satisfied (at the moment at least). I'll continue to work on faces but I want to start doing them more from life so expect to see my mugshot around here. On to the updates!

I've been doing a ton of stuff, mostly anatomy studies using various tutorials, but I just decided to upload a handful of stuff. We've got stuff from my figure drawing class, a still life that I did in pastel, and a few studies of this Japanese musician whom I'm going to attempt to draw for a friend for her birthday, and random sketches of shirtless peoples.

As a side note, I've been noticing that lately I've started to experiment more and to not be as self-conscious and anal about getting "messy". It's a nice feeling but as a result a lot of my stuff looks like crap. Haha It's all good though, as long as I've learned something from making it right? XD

On to the drawings!

Thanks
    Man your getting good fast... And your last post has some nice perky boobs boobs brings in the crowds, I didn't care for the rest of him though... XD

"The whole point of practice is to do it until you can do it right." - dpaint

DA

Sketch Book

Thanks
    @ element1988

Ahh I see...so your suggestion is more boobs? Why didn't I think of that before?? Haha XD

Thanks for stopping by dude!

Here is a still life I did yesterday. Not sure how long I spent on it as I kept getting up and taking breaks. LOL

Thanks
    Hey thanks for stopping by my book.

Yeah I need to just set objects up and get out to draw. I have been using to many photos.

I really like the X-Box controller and the Fighter pilot. also the studies of all the toys is a great Idea. Keep at it.

Thanks
    Thanks for stopping by Pete.

Okay, here is a drawing that I did for a friend. It's of a Japanese musician by the name of Tora from the band alice nine. I think it came out okay but once again I've got to be more mindful of the underlying structure. I also need to look at a few good hair tutorials. Drawing hair is so frustrating and confusing. the whole time I was just like FML. >_>

Thanks
    Self-portraits and a few random drawings. Note, non of these self-portraits look like me imho. Haha, they look like three different people. >_> Gonna keep trying though until they do though.

Thanks
    Another self-portrait. I was told that this one looks the most like me but still not quite there. The eyes are tricky and I don't think I've been able to get those down quite yet. Blahh, I'll try again tomorrow. LOL

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 2