Thanks

Mobile/Traveling Setup!

I'm going to be doing some traveling later in the year and I was wondering what I can do as far as my setup to keep up with my painting while traveling since I wont have a desktop. Right now I have a Mac Pro/24 Inch Monitor/Intuos 3 and I would like to also have a setup that would work well for traveling needs.

Does anyone have a setup like this that they feel works well for this purpose? Or does anyone here work mainly from a notebook/Macbook Pro?

One of my concerns is the screen on the Macbook Pro.. I heard they werent to accurate in the past and mine didnt seem to be even after calibrating it so I thought maybe a Cintiq might be best for a mobile setup but I don't know.

Just want to hear some personal experiences

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,555 Times in 2,765 Posts
    I just use a 17" notebook and small intuos for travel. It all fits into my briefcase easily.

Thanks
    www.pelican.com

Changes your whole perspective on the "traveling workstation"

Dunno about now though, one of these definitely counts as checked and the airlines are trippin on those bag fees man.
    Still, when I go international, I stay for a while so a Pelican is worth it, plus it's TSA certified, waterproof and the foam is pretty reliable.
    A 1660 should do you right if you hook the monitor to a laptop (with mobile power what it is now, I don't understand why someone would drag a tower around)
    and have a calibration tool such as a Colormunki on hand.

As for the carry-on deal: www.booq.com

I have an older Python XL which caught a busted zipper after heavy use on my part and Booq sent me one out *immediately* no hassle, no need to return the one with the broken zipper.
    The 2nd one is still rockin it to this day with a few noticeable design changes between the two. Everyone who sees it while I'm in Panera bread every now and then always asks me where I got it.
    Airport after airport, I've yet to see a more durable bag anywhere else yet. I think the Boa XL has succeeded the Python XL. Check it out, you won't be disappointed.
    Fits in an overhead bin while stuffed to the max with no problem.

You might find that you're spending a few dollars on this stuff, but totally worth it if you want everything working and in one piece when you get to where you're going.
    TSA employees act like they're on that angeldust with your stuff, abusing non-certified carry cases regularly, I refuse to travel again without a Pelican.
    Chipsterology Sketchbook - Open for crits - 24hrs
    http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...d.php?t=126257
    Twitter: Chipsterology