Thread: Viva Barca!

Thanks

Viva Barca!

Did you see that? Best 90 minutes of football since the World Cup. Barcelona showed why they are the best. Hats off to the most philosophical football team in the world.

MESSSSSIIIIIIIIIIIIII

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,191 Times in 293 Posts
    Cant say i was really cheering for neither, (my real hometeam is Porto) i personally only liked barza when Eto´o, Ronaldinho , and especially Deco where in there. I dont have much heart for the Guardiola era.

This final was a pretty fair win, though it did followed some of the worst 180 minutes of futbol ever, the semifinal against Madrid were two of the most hideous couple of games i`ve seen, which really left a bitter taste. That stage could have been much more worthy to watch.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,535 Times in 567 Posts
    It was beautiful. Granted the semi-final was ugly but that was a different circumstance and day. Today's match was an example of the beautiful game and why I watch. Masterful.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bcarman For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    I've watched probably about 60 games of Barcelona in the last 2 years and those 2 games against Madrid were played that way in direct response to the thuggery of Madrid. I've never seen Barcelona play that way before. Madrid changed their tactics following the 5-0 thumping in November. If you saw that first classico, there is no way that Real Madrid could play with Barcelona on any sort of equal footing. First goal of that game by Xavi was one of the craziest goals I have ever seen http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ly3NCoQ2Y-g

Agreed. Today was well fought by both teams. An awesome game.

Porto win the Europa League. Good for you guys!

Thanks
    Barcelona shows that football can be (and should be) art.

Thanks
    Is true that there was a lot of foul stuff surrounding the classics, and 4 in a year no less, both sides showing a bit more class would have make for a really awesome futbol.

I think if anone deserves credit is Xavi, Messis name comes around often but while he does adds spark to the attack , is the construction that really has made all the difference imo, Iniesta and Xavi make up for a lot in the dinamic of their game, the same way they do on the Spanish team. Messi playing for Argentina is another thing, it suddenly seems he is reaaally lacking of something and that goes to show that really is a teams work.

The Supercup ought to be amusing this year

Thanks
    I was really hoping that Xavi would have received the B'allon D'Or. Was bummed that he didn't but you cannot fault Messi for doing his thing. I agree with you, though, Xavi (and Iniesta) pulls the strings. It is really a team effort. The team they have now is really built around allowing Messi to do his thing. Argentina, not so much. It really goes to show the strength of the system around Messi, rather than his individual brilliance. Though it's hard to argue that his individual brilliance isn't extreme. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qDiYPn3Q3-c

Barcelona is very unique. Each of the players at their strengths allows the others to play stronger. Valdes is reliable, which allows Pique and Puyol to play up higher. Dani Alves is reliable on the wing and attacks often to spread the field for the creative players to have space. The strength of Puyol and Pique allow the midfield to play higher and press. The strength of the midfield allows for so many lanes and spaces for them all to run into in the last 3rd. All the pressing to get the ball back quickly, combined with the short passing allows them to control games and force their will on the opponents. You wouldn't have this with any of those other pieces missing. It's amazing.

Thankfully, the club is built on the rock of La Masia, so if they keep raising players to replace all of the academy graduates they already have, they should be solid for a long time to come (not to mention most of the key players are all under contract through 2014 and still young, except Puyol and Xavi).

Spain have a solid chance at repeating a World Cup victory, I would also say. Though Germany looks frightening.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jetpack42 View Post
    I was really hoping that Xavi would have received the B'allon D'Or. Was bummed that he didn't but you cannot fault Messi for doing his thing. I agree with you, though, Xavi (and Iniesta) pulls the strings. It is really a team effort. The team they have now is really built around allowing Messi to do his thing. Argentina, not so much. It really goes to show the strength of the system around Messi, rather than his individual brilliance. Though it's hard to argue that his individual brilliance isn't extreme. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qDiYPn3Q3-c

Barcelona is very unique. Each of the players at their strengths allows the others to play stronger. Valdes is reliable, which allows Pique and Puyol to play up higher. Dani Alves is reliable on the wing and attacks often to spread the field for the creative players to have space. The strength of Puyol and Pique allow the midfield to play higher and press. The strength of the midfield allows for so many lanes and spaces for them all to run into in the last 3rd. All the pressing to get the ball back quickly, combined with the short passing allows them to control games and force their will on the opponents. You wouldn't have this with any of those other pieces missing. It's amazing.

Thankfully, the club is built on the rock of La Masia, so if they keep raising players to replace all of the academy graduates they already have, they should be solid for a long time to come (not to mention most of the key players are all under contract through 2014 and still young, except Puyol and Xavi).

Spain have a solid chance at repeating a World Cup victory, I would also say. Though Germany looks frightening.
    I can tell you that Barcelona has a lot of help from match officials. They are brilliant, but lets not discredit other teams. TBH Arsenal should've knocked them out but mmm dodgy stuff. Inter last year good. Semi final ole Biscuits, Alves and Pedro won those matches with their oscar worthy performances. Barca wasn't able to penetrate till Pepe got that red. It'll be interesting to see how next season goes, with Mourinho having full control at the Bernabeu.

I mean yeah they are definitely capable of the results they've had but I can't say that they earned all of them. If you at any point watch a match in which Cristiano Ronaldo is the most honorable person on the pitch, something is wrong.

As for the final. United fell asleep, Pedro's goal was woeful defending, so was Messi's they were caught just ball watching. Villa's was absolutely beautiful.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to ThabisoMhlaba For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,484 Times in 719 Posts
    Mourinho is everything that is wrong with modern football.

He sets teams up to dive, timewaste, stifle the game or boot the other team off the park then when it doesn't work he cries like the little bitch he is.

Anyway, Barcelona were superb the other night. It's not often you see Man U made to look like a pub team..Fair play to Ferguson for acknowledging that they were simply outclassed.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Flake For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    I´m a big fan of Mourinho actually, ever since his days on Porto, he has more than enough merit to be considered one of the best in the world at what he does.

If you consider the comment he made and the responses from Guardiola, he wasnt the one that lost his shit, it obvioulsy shows who has more experience dealing with the press and playing off the field. And while part of it may have been provocation, he had a point to mention barcelona being benefited from the referees, good team or not , Pedro particularly may have a Broadway career waiting for him at retirement. And Neither him or Valdes and the eventual other player of Barcelona are absent of stirring shit themselves every now and then.

Dont hate the player, hate the game.

P.S . I could care ess for R. Madrid , but the whole ranting about Mourinho is kinda itchy.

Thanks
    I disagree, your own team Porto is the obvious example.

Under Mourinho, diving, simulating drama queen cheats was the generic neutral football fans perception.

Without Mourinho, bold, occasionally reckless but always fun attacking , flowing football. This seasons Europa campaign was brilliant to watch. Did your man not set a new record for goals scored or something? That is football ala Barca, "we'll just score more than you did".

Are you seriously telling me you didn't enjoy Falcao and Hulk this year more than Mourinhos tedious grinding cheatery?

Thanks
    Yeah, diving wins you european tittles two years in a row, you can go with that.

What cheatery? the dude build the best fucking midfield in Europe. He was pulling some top level tactics and builded up the players strengs superbly, where did Deco and Carvalho came from? the fact that he played a different strategy than offensive doesnt mean is not top level futbol (Can ask Italy and their 5 world cups about it) . Villas-Boas Porto is a different one than Mous, the strength of the tecnicians is playing the best out of the cards theyhave been dealt, and winning .

Guardiola went in to the same club to play a team with a selection, and gameplay dinamics already built and given to him in a silver platter, would have been hilarious to see him trying to pull off a career like Mourinhos. Even Madrid was a broken mess before him, not the same that won Copa del Rey, and they`d better watch out for him next year, may not be such an easy league.
    Last edited by JDSart; May 30th, 2011 at 10:31 PM.

Thanks
    "Cheatery"? watch the last half hour of Mourinhos Porto v Celtic in the UEFA final in 2003, fucking pathetic. "Oh no! I am shot with a sniper rifle!!" "I shall roll around for ten minutes!"

Fortunately, everyone is now wise to his shitty tactics.

Mostly because he is sort of a bitch.

Thanks
    I`m guessing Pedros performance and Busquet delaying like ten minutes being bunked away without even being touched is good playing, someone give barza a fair play award please, and dont count the other teams valid goals, they have the unicef logo , is for a good cause.

Thanks
    Dude, I don't know if you actually noticed but your home team won the Europas with a bit of flamboyant style and class.

You might want to enjoy that rather than defending a total dick who happens to be from your country.

Thanks
    I can say something similar, why go out of you way to discredit him? I do wish he woud have stayed out of R. Madrid, same as Ronaldo, that frigging club is like a goddamn abyss for reputations.

I truly enjoyed Porto this year, but if i enjoyed it better than Mourinhos, i could answer you next year after the next Champions .
    I keep thinking the uefa supercup ought to be an amusing match

Thanks
    MOURINHO!