Thanks

Sketching Group - Finland

I've noticed at least a couple of people on these boards are living in Finland. I tried to see how many on that map with all members, but aside from a red blob I couldn't really tell.

I was just wondering how big the interest would be to organize some sort of live sketching group.

How do sketching groups elsewhere work, really? Do you just get together and draw whatever, from imagination or random people walking around? Or do you actually get a model?

I doubt enough members live in my little town called Kouvola, so I suppose the logic thing to do would be to have it in Helsinki during the weekend.

Anyone interested in this?

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    I'm not Finnish, but I too am often impressed by the size of the Finnish community on the forums I frequent. I suppose I shouldn't be surprised, the English literacy rate in Finland is practically 100%, it has excellent internet service (for both computers and phones), and with long winters there's plenty of time to lounge on the internet.

On a gaming forum I frequent there is a community poll that asks where people are from and "Nordic Countries" has the third highest response (7%), with only the UK & Ireland (12.5%) and the US (53%) in front of it. A few years ago I needed something in Finnish translated and within an hour of posting the thread I had a full translation and there was a conversation among several Finnish members about the subject matter.

Thanks
    And yet none have replied here.

Thanks
    I'm from Estonia. Not Finland but if something was organised in Helsinki I'd consider dropping by

Thanks
    If there was a sketchgroup in Helsinki, I might consider dropping by, depends on the time and place as well. If it was something cool and themed like going to draw at the zoo/ natural history museum or something like that and drinks after I'd definately be interested. I'd love to have something like that arranged, I always end up making excuses not to go when I plan going by myself. I've been meaning to got to the stables to sketch horses for a day for the whole spring now, but... Though actually the zoo wasn't that interesting, most of the cool animals are positioned so that it's almost impossible to stand/sit and draw them and there actually aren't that many cool animals.