Going to Angel Academy of Art, Florence
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: Going to Angel Academy of Art, Florence

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Going to Angel Academy of Art, Florence

Hey all!

Me and my brother is starting at angel academy of art in florence this autumn!
    Anybody else starting at AAA, florence academy of art or just studying in florence in general?

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Braintree View Post
    Hey all!

Me and my brother is starting at angel academy of art in florence this autumn!
    Anybody else starting at AAA, florence academy of art or just studying in florence in general?
    How is it going down there?

I would love to hear some comparisons between the two schools if u have had any chance to visit FAA?

Also i don't find any information on what and when to apply for angel.
    Just starting dates

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Angel Academy is really top notch for learning the classical realist style, hope you enjoy it there! Some great young artists have emerged from there such as Dorian Iten, Shane Wolf, Cesar Santos.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Havn't had a chance to visit FAA yet, so can't really give a comparison. Angel Academy is great though, i love it!

For dates you can just e-mail the school, they'll provide you with the exact dates.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Jonas_J For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I will be attending AAA this autumn yaaay =D
    Anyone else going there? Or maybe FAA.
    Would be cool to hear from you!

I'm looking at apartments atm. I got a link from Jonas to housinginflorence.com seems nice, though expensive.
    http://www.affitti.it/ This site seems to list cheaper apartments like 300euro for 1room.
    Its an alternative, but maybe its better to go through an agency first. And then scout for cheaper apartments when you get there.

Anyways, just wanted to share

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hi tobzArt! Are you still in Florence attending AAA? I am going in the spring! Wooot! I was just wondering... How do you like the school so far and how hard was it to find a room to rent??

Cheers,
    Kadin

Quote Originally Posted by tobzArt View Post
    I will be attending AAA this autumn yaaay =D
    Anyone else going there? Or maybe FAA.
    Would be cool to hear from you!

I'm looking at apartments atm. I got a link from Jonas to housinginflorence.com seems nice, though expensive.
    http://www.affitti.it/ This site seems to list cheaper apartments like 300euro for 1room.
    Its an alternative, but maybe its better to go through an agency first. And then scout for cheaper apartments when you get there.

Anyways, just wanted to share

"If people knew how hard I had to work to gain my mastery, it wouldn't seem wonderful at all." -Michelangelo
    ---------------
    My Sketchbook - Blog - Behance

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey Kadin!

School is great, good atmosphere and all =)

Most students had already gotten apartments before getting here. Like on craigslist. Housinginflorence.com, agencies.
    I actually havent asked around about this too much ^^ since i got an apartment 1 week after i came =P

Me and another new student got an apartment together through an agent. All agents take a fee, like 1 months rent.
    Another agency said you could get a 1 studio/apartment, for about 450 euro.
    At housinginflorence the cheapest is 550. + agency fees and electricity and so on, so about 650.
    Going through an agency is probably easiest anyway

I was looking a lot at easyroomate.com, seems you can get a room for about 300+

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Nice. Good to hear! I think it would be much easier to find a place if I just went and stayed in a hostel or hotel so I could actually go look at places. Only thing is, I don't know about whether I need a place to live prior to applying for the student visa... guess something I should find out.

So excited! Bought my plane ticket yesterday!

"If people knew how hard I had to work to gain my mastery, it wouldn't seem wonderful at all." -Michelangelo
    ---------------

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thats what I did, stayed at a hostel (Sette Santi). My flatmate from India did the same. He had to spend a couple of days at the police office at first, and I believe they where pressing him about how long he was going to stay at the hostel, when he was going to get an apartment and so on.
    ...He just told me, he got a VISA, but only because his sisters friend was working at the Italian embassy =P

I asked a classmate from the states and he said, to get a VISA you need to show them proof that you are attending a school, and that you have a reservation for an apartment.
    In his case, he had paid a deposition for an apartment before coming here.

When you get here, you have to get a residence permit (about 100euro/year). And a tax number (free), with this you can get a bank account and so on.

I do agree its nice to come here first, and look at apartments, and if you go through agencies maybe they can help with Italian translation of contracts and stuff.
    But ye, bear in mind you can/will have problem getting visa. Ask the embassy or similar, to get a definite answer.

Tomorrow I can ask some people how they got their apartments.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    How can you guys afford that? My family is laughing at me, telling me to forget my dream of getting an education. I am not allowed to take loans, and it does not look very good with grants here as well...
    It's all about the money huh? And it does not matter which school. Repin Academy, Cecil Studios, Waterstreet Atelier, Studio Escalier in France, etc,... all the same.

Anyways, I am happy for you that you can study there. Please use it well and work hard.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by AckermannPhilip View Post
    How can you guys afford that? My family is laughing at me, telling me to forget my dream of getting an education. I am not allowed to take loans, and it does not look very good with grants here as well...
    It's all about the money huh? And it does not matter which school. Repin Academy, Cecil Studios, Waterstreet Atelier, Studio Escalier in France, etc,... all the same.

Anyways, I am happy for you that you can study there. Please use it well and work hard.
    What do you mean "allowed"? how old are you? 8? Seriously, if you're an adult you can take out a loan. Though why americans pay 40k per year for schooling is beyond me. Canada we have it a wee bit cheaper.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Savings and loans. The Angel Academy of Art is only about $12k per year + living expenses. I plan to study hard the first year and get scholarships for the 2nd and 3rd so really only need enough for the first year.

TobzArt... I would love to hear what you found out about how people got their apartments. I looked at the student visa page and it doesn't say you need to show where you will be living. Just the address of the school and flight itinerary showing which city you are flying into in Italy. Maybe I am missing something? Hopefully I am able to just go there are search for an apartment when I arrive.

Kadin

---------------

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Did you check Tourist Visa? Or student/work visa?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by AckermannPhilip View Post

Look up student scholarships and student grants. There's tons of money out there for education. Look in the "Scholarship" forum here on CA.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by tobzArt View Post
    Did you check Tourist Visa? Or student/work visa?
    Definitely the student visa application.... http://www.conslosangeles.esteri.it/...ationForm1.pdf

---------------

Members who have read this thread: 5