Sketchbook: stran@@@@@j puuuuuuuuurpl----earn your blood. - Page 2
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: stran@@@@@j puuuuuuuuurpl----earn your blood.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Wow! It is made a lot of work. Great stuff all of here) Did you have some digital works?

sketchbook
    my web Looking for a work

Помогите c активностью форуму-скетчбуку mentalant.com

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    keep it up mate. ur doing very well!

Sketchbook

my subconscious does not stop begging my conscious to draw.
    hmm does that mean im a slave to my subconscious?
    at least it doesnt beg for crack. ha.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Feeble attempts....is your heart really in this?

Hey everyone, I haven't posted all month I had the flu for over a week in the beginning of the month. Wasn't drawing at all really, just couldn't sleep, couldn't eat, i was just laying still watching cowboy bebop and hallucinating. Up until that point i have never been that sick in my life, except when I had pneumonia when I was very young.
    After I got over my sickness, I got right into this housing crisis with my school, and I had to go down to Baltimore to find an apartment. But now I am well, I have an apartment ready to be moved in to, I am working out again, I feel healthy and strong and neat, so I can finally start posting again. This wasn't what I had in mind for this month at all, but shit happens ! I will be posting pretty much daily yet again, until 3/4 through August or so, when I move into my new place and settle in, and then Ill continue posting almost daily once I am in school.
    Studies will definitely be taking priority in school too. I learned a lesson last year, not keeping up with studies is like not doing any pushups for a whole year, or handstands. I barely did any of those things while I was in school last year, and I really felt the consequences. I can't even do handstands any more, and i was up to 70 pushups straight at one point, and now I am at about 30 on a good day. As for drawing, I feel better now, but in the beginning of the summer I felt like total shit. No breaks, to be happy, I need some real constant structure and vigilance in my life.

Yefim hey thanks man! im still checking out your blog from time to time, love your stuff.

n1frit thanks a lot! I have some but i have a really bad, non calibrated lap top. I am posting some for the first time now though.

mrd33ds thanks! i will finally again be keeping it up

here is some poo poo, i feel like i have lost a lot of knowledge in my time off....that makes me never want to take a big break like this again.

Attached Images Attached Images                
    Last edited by strange purple; July 30th, 2011 at 12:11 AM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    been a while, i haven't had internet for over a week at my new place, finally got it today. so happy. going with no internet is rather liberating for about 4 days, after that...i just want it back.

here is a painting in progress, probably 3 hours or so in! first time i have done a landscape type thing from imagination.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    little bit of progress. art is hard.

school sucks and i am behind, not studying enough. going to get into a better routine soon! and back on studying track. i think three hours a day will be good. gotta focus on my studies more than my school projects....why am i in art school again?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    some studies for school, more to come, better ones to come!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Magician's Practice

havent had any time for studies because i still care about my school work too much....UHG....

i am so pissed that i have to write papers and stuff. i wonder if wes burt actually wrote his papers? hmm. did iain mccaig get straight a's? fuck.

here are some sketchbook pages, just poopy ideas and little studies. trying not to forget the things i learned. and one...painting....in progress ofcourse. trying to be simple, using mostly the Pencil tool.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    WOW!! the progress you made is awesome!
    i like the way you threat your lines, feels like they blend in with the tones
    i think that you could go for some masters studyes... italians for anatomy and lines, dutches for tones...
    try copying some figures of their paintings, it is good practice and they have solved many many problems you might encouter!!

hope i was clear, my english is not as it used to be...

see ya!
    btw, thanks for stoping by in my sketchbook!!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Pedro Cardoso For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I wish i had a better sense of rendering like you do. Can you talk about your pencil rendering process?

All the figure drawing practice is great, But I think you will benefit from anatomy studies.

Immoral Cintiq's Sketchbook

"Society will DRAW a circle that shuts me out, but my superior thoughts will DRAW me in." -Marva Collins

"Character is what you know you are not what others think you are." -Marva Collins

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Immortal Cintiq For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Pedro Cardoso hey thanks for commenting! and np for commenting, i like your stuff a lot.

I actually am in a master drawing class at the moment! so i am getting in my share of master studies, (i posted a sargent master drawing copy above) I dont have the means to photograph most of them because they are mostly all very huge drawings. Master drawings really do help a lot though, I need to do some master paintings at some point too....so much to do to get good ahhhhhhh

Immortal Cintiq
    thanks for ling my stuff Immortal Cintiq, its awesome getting a compliment from you.

My drawing process is fairly straightforward, I begin with line and very softly, map in the entire form. I am constantly thinking "do not make a line that I can not easily erase" , this limits my natural heavy handedness, and limits the amount of visible mess ups. Once I have everything mapped in softly, then I begin to render. Yet again i render lighting, thinking "do not make anything too dark so that I can not erase" I am constantly stopping and looking, drawing, stopping, looking (at my reference or if from imagination, just looking in general for mistakes) Once I have everything in place and I am confident that I can go darker, I do! The final section of the drawing for me is the best part. That is when I can make looser cross hatching lines in the rendering, and where I can finally finish up the lines I started with. I save the dark dark, fun lines, for dead last...but I try to know how they are going to look right when I start the drawing.

I talk too much, but in general the most important things for me are to one...LOOK at what the hell I am drawing from, and try to understand it, not just copy it. two...while i am doing a study, imagine I am doing something from my head. I suffer from a condition where when I begin drawing from imagination, I totally forget what I was doing when i was studying. If that is happening, that means I was studying wrong, i was just copying...copying does nothing! its one thing up from tracing. Thinking goes a long way haha.

(that rant was probably more helpful for me, just to write that down, than it was for you hahaha. sorry for that!!)

here is some poop in progress! attempting to change up what I am doing and how I am working. using the pencil tool, line tool, and trying to do some flat 2 value stuff.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Wow...amazing pencils....really amazing....more more more!

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Psychobuddy For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Psychobuddy thanks a lot!

charcoal life drawings, i hate charcoal!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    You may hate charcoal but I think charcoal likes you! That's some really nice figures. Keeps it ups!

18. The Following User Says Thank You to alexson For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I agree with alexson. Give it some time and charcoal'll warm up to you like a stick smoldering in an oxygen deprived environment.
    A lot of your work also has a really nice amount of visual subtlety to it, like in post 36.
    Edit:-:-:This makes more sense after reading post 41. I also suffer from number two. Whenever I try to learn something specific during a study, it usually turns into poop.
    It's kind of like how one of Nixon's advisers described talking to Nixon. He said it was like talking into a cave. Sometimes I get a similar feeling while doing studies, like the visual information is just bouncing around my skull like a sound wave through a cave and eventually the meaning is too muddled to understand. If you can find other ways to sharpen your mind, even if it's completely not art related, it does help. It's something that's helped me and is something I've seen help other people as well. All knowledge will help you improve in art, so keep at it.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to lemming-clone- For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    alexson thanks man!

lemming-clone thanks for the comment and the feeback man, i really appreciate it. I like what you said about finding other ways to sharpen your mind. I think one thing I forget is that anyone can get better at art, but usually how they get there is unique for each individual. Most people get better through studying but how they go about looking and seeing and noting and figuring things out and remembering....all of that stuff is up to you (us) and how we think and process.

nice sketchbook and work by the way, love your stuff!

here are just some gestures from the other day that I liked, and a picture of my workspace pre-IMAC....jeazzzz i can't wait to have a not-laptop....

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey, thanks for the tips on rendering. Im interested in what you said about studies, how you study the reference, and then pretend your rendering from imagination while studying. Im def gonna try that.

And i love how the figures are coming out.

Immoral Cintiq's Sketchbook

"Society will DRAW a circle that shuts me out, but my superior thoughts will DRAW me in." -Marva Collins

"Character is what you know you are not what others think you are." -Marva Collins

23. The Following User Says Thank You to Immortal Cintiq For This Useful Post:

kidult is offline Does this sketch make my ass look fat? Level 12 Gladiator: Laqueatores
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thanks for stopping by my SB. Your working hard too! well done!

25. The Following User Says Thank You to kidult For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Diggin' the charcoal gestures that you posted in Crimson Daggers man, also your enviro, you should definitely try some more.

I read that your getting annoyed at school, I had very similar problems with doing useless shit in my uni's curriculum. Some advice would be to try to get everything out of the way quickly, try to do things as efficiently as possible by timing yourself to complete a certain goal or whatever works for you. Which leaves more time to do more important things instead of wasting your life away staring at a screen trying to think of reasons why you should type (and oh god I did a lot of this). And remember Marks at (art?) school means fuck all. Hope that helps and wasn't a horrible rant

Also cheers dude for commenting my SB a while back.

Last edited by Dilated; November 3rd, 2011 at 12:42 PM.

Currently looking for work!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    ahhhhh, outstanding pencils and figure drawings! Im jealous!!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Immortal Cintiq hey thanks for commenting, glad i could help!
    kidult np, thanks for stopping by : )
    Dilated thanks for commenting, really means a lot. since your comment i have stepped back and really thought about what I am doing, it really helped. my focus is better and I am realizing more and more what is important to me, and its not school. So i am doing much more personal stuff and focusing less and less on my dumb homework.
    bpic feels great getting a comment from you i love your pencils, and for you to comment on my pencils.... O_O u must be crazaye'...

small update, starting a new sketchbook, (or more of a study/finishbook) and im working on a digital thing! i have a very large drawing in the process, will post it when i am finished with it later this week!

Manchester, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey man great sketchbook, lovely rendering hope to see some more finished pieces from you soon mate

Livestreamin'

Blog

Available for Freelance!-Contact Michael.jay@live.co.uk

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    thanks for your comment fudgeloaf, once i have time over xmas break from school i will be able to do a few finished things, i can't wait!

small updater...i left a lot of my studies at home in new york...poo

Last edited by strange purple; November 30th, 2011 at 08:41 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Cool lines

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    thanks alrap!

studies, 2 sketches that are going to turn into a finished drawing, and some cop studies that will be done for a finished drawing!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,017 Times in 918 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    wow your studies are awesome!
    something about your paintings look very solid I want to see more
    keep it up
    -Jamie

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    thanks OmertA! I really really do need to finish a painting. nice sketchbook btw i look at yours from time to time for some inspiration.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    lots of excellent development and work going on here! I really like the study of the people looking at the man/woman sculpture (?) and the guy with the rifle ? what is that ? it's got a lot of narrative/tension - really got me looking throught your works!

good stuff - keep it up! - kevin

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    your pencilss sooo cooll,and love those digis

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    kevinwueste wow thanks so much from commenting, your work is really inspiring and im glad you decided to stop by here, it really motivated me! T

Thanks for liking that study/..thing. it is actually an illustration idea that that I am trying to execute for a contest in January. The idea is a group of people traveling in some foreign place and time stumble upon this mysterious skyscraper sized statue. They haven't seen anything for days, and here they are in front of this thing, completely overwhelmed by the weight, mass, and alien like qualities it has. I need to work a lot on the perspective, I think I will change it to a much more worms eye view, but I learned a lot doing this study...especially about BFK. (more specifically, I learned that I better do some studies before I commit on BFK...because it looks like shit if you erase!)

hücumkedi thanks for stopping by here as well, your work is sooooo goooooood amazzzziiinngggg...gahhh!

here is another WIP....jeez why don't i finish anything?

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 14