Feerik: Seeking Illustrators for Eredan iTCG
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Feerik: Seeking Illustrators for Eredan iTCG

Feerik: Seeking Illustrators for Eredan iTCG/ Feerik : Eredan Itcg recherche Illustrateurs

Job Title: Illustrator

Company Name : Feerik.com

N° SIRET : 482 808 219 00026

Last name + name: Bouley Emmanuel

Phone: +33(0) 4 99 23 14 57

Company Presentation ur company was founded in 2005 from its founders' passion for games and the success of our first production: ElevezUnDragon.com (Train a dragon).

A strong and faithful community of fans and gamers alike quickly formed thanks to Feerik's growing success.

Our company is based in Montpellier (south of France). We have more than 30 people working on our games everyday and we are currently recruiting new collaborators.
    Our young, dynamic and creative team is very close to our gamers and community and work very hard in order to satisfy the player's needs and desires.

In a attempt to expand our community, we have translated our most successful games into several languages (english, spanish, german and italian). The company will be 5 years of age next year and our community counts thousands of active gamers of all ages.

Your mission:
    Within the Eredan ITCG team you will create character illustrations, actions and / or Items. You will be led by the project's artistic department and you will create illustrations directly related to the graphic bible that has been established. Your style is already close to that of Eredan you're comfortable with the character design and the dynamics.

Type of Contract : Assignments/ orders for freelancers / could eventually lead to a permanent contract.

Location: Grabels (near Montpellier - France) / teleworking for freelancers

Compensation : 120 euros for one illustration (character design or a scene with a set).

Skills: No specific degree or education is required, motivation, commitment, professionalism and passion are what we are looking for before degrees. A passion for fantasy/heroic Fantasy is a plus.

You are ponctual and dedicated, you know how to work well in a team. Experience with illustrations on the web or in videogames or comic books would be definite bonus but won't be needed if the individual is passionate, talented and serious.

Contact: (Send CV and your work or portfollio) : recrut.illus@feerik.com

What is asked of you: CV, portfollio, your work, website/blog along with the Test for your application that you can find here: http://static.eredan.com/documents/job_illustrator.pdf.
    The test is not paid but we guarantee it will not be used on the game.

Feedback :If you illustrations spark our interest, you will be contacted under a week, if you don't hear from us after a week, you can consider that your work does not really correspond to what we are looking for.

Thank you and good luck!

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    shouldnt this be in the under $500 forum?

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Sprogis7 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Tests… are you kidding me? Stop wasting peoples time and look at some portfolios.

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Droog For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Portfolios ARE the tests. Right?

My SkEtChBoOk

[URL="www.wftogame.com
    [/URL]

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Exercise care in wording guys, there is an admin post around here that calls for insta-bans if people posting jobs here are verbalised in this manner. Exercise professionalism. If you do not agree with the terms laid out by a prospective client, simply do not apply.

If there is something the client has said or done that would prevent you from chasing a contract then surely it can be expressed in a professional manner. For instance, given the possible long term nature/ repeat nature of the contract on offer, i myself would be willing to do a test piece. However, the client document appears to call for three test pieces, which as a time investment for the chance to do a single piece and only possibly multiple additional pieces, falls outside the range of risk for reward that i am willing to pursue.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to evamonkeyn2 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I think the insta-ban would be better applied to those touting for spec work. Nobody should be at the risk of being ripped off on these job boards.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    What you think is out of line with what this says, and it comes straight from Jason Manley, aka the top.

http://www.conceptart.org/forums/showthread.php?t=15736

If you are lucky this whole thread will go un-noticed by a mod. I would argue that the ability of half the people who have posted on this thread to continue posting on this board, is at the discretion of the topic maker deciding to report the behaviour or not.

I'm not going to keep going on about it here. I cannot force basic professionalism or politeness, but having told you of the forum policy on the chance you were unaware of it, my conscience is clean.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Professionalism goes both ways, and spec work needs getting rid of.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to tomstools13 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    evamonkeyn2 is absolutely right. My policy is: if you don't like it don't apply for it or say anything.

There are mods and admins in this forum to judge this kind of thing.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I never see any mods putting a stop to this kind of 'job' offer. For every experienced artist who steers clear there will be ten inexperienced ones who are eager and fall for it. If this job forum is a seen as a place to chance for free art, then that should be the worry. Not people replying to it.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hi everybody,

We apologize if your misunderstood our intentions with this test.
    In France, It is common to ask illustrators for a test in order to verify their potential, reactivity and respect towards the deadline. This enable us to also observe their strengths and weaknesses and at a later date, give appropriate professional feedback if this person has been selected for the actual vacancy.

Recruiting Illustrators has always been this way in Europe, people hardly ever refuse to do a test.

However, we did not fully realize that it might be different in the States. Just a matter of cultural difference.
    If you disagree with the test, you are in your right to decline the application.

Apologies for this misunderstanding and best of luck to all the candidates.

PS: Please avoid any debate on this post, you can send a private message to discuss.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thinking tests as a chance to enrich your portfolio will make you feel better...

Tips to prevent specs work: *heavily watermark it* lol

-+ CREATIVE IG +-
    There is no spoon. 8)

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thinking tests as a chance to enrich your portfolio will make you feel better...

Tips to prevent specs work: *heavily watermark it* lol

-+ CREATIVE IG +-
    There is no spoon. 8)

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Watermarking an image isnt stopping spec work, the illustrator is still putting the hours in for a test. Portfolios are here for a reason, if I can draw the line work for a complex character or structure and paint it well with a high knowledge of light physics and color, it should be assumed that I can do similar work based on that...

One test - OK if thats how its done in France, but Three? Its a little much my friend.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Cultural difference......I live in the UK and I know spec work isnt a matter of custom whichever country you are in.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to tomstools13 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thank you for your interest in our company. However we regret to inform you that all the illustrator positions are filled.

The Feerik team wishes you the best for the near future.

Best regards

The Feerik team

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.