Two digital drawings/paintings to be created on Android device
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Lightbulb Two digital drawings/paintings to be created on Android device

(Edit: I've changed my specification to allow the use of an Android phone now and not just tablets.)

Amount: Two digital pictures.

Restrictions: I'm about to release a painting app for Android. For promotional reasons, I'd like to have two good quality digital paintings that have been created within the app. You will need to have an Android phone/tablet (800x400 resolution minimum) that you can run the app on. I've been told the app compares well with others that are available so it's unlikely you'll find the app hard to use. It has all the tools you'd expect from a good art app e.g. layers, configurable brush and eraser tools, a color picker, filters. You must create the images within the app and make use of layers.

Quality/Style: The purpose of the paintings are to impress users and reviewers, and to demonstrate what is possible with the app. I'm not picky about the subject/style of the paintings but they should have wide appeal. One approach could be for me to ask someone to recreate something from their portfolio (you can suggest candidates) within the app i.e. it doesn't need to be original.

Output format: The final files emailed in the format produced by the app. I would also like about 5 snapshots of each picture to be taken as they are in the process of being drawn.

Deadline: I'd like the work completed within a short time span.

Copyright: Exclusive license.

Contact: Send me a private message with a link to your portfolio, rates and an estimate of what time scale you would need.

Thanks,

Last edited by andev; May 22nd, 2011 at 09:27 PM.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Just out of curiosity, why do you need a copyright transfer? What are you going to be doing with that image in 20 years?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Atreides View Post
    Just out of curiosity, why do you need a copyright transfer? What are you going to be doing with that image in 20 years?
    I really just want a copyright license that allows me to use the image for promotional reasons for as long as I require. I'm not concerned about the images being licensed or sold elsewhere as long as it doesn't impact my usage and I don't see them being used by competitors. Can you suggest a suitable license?

Last edited by andev; May 21st, 2011 at 02:27 PM.

The7Artist7 is offline I'll have a double Rocktastic with added awesome please Level 10 Gladiator: Equites
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,290 Times in 551 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    I'd say an exclusive licence (for a limited or unlimited number of months/years). Really you can arrange a licence that suits whatever you need it to. I think your main consideration here is that full transfer of copyright should involve a higher fee. From what you've described an exclusive licence would fulfil your needs fine.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by The7Artist7 View Post
    I'd say an exclusive licence (for a limited or unlimited number of months/years). Really you can arrange a licence that suits whatever you need it to. I think your main consideration here is that full transfer of copyright should involve a higher fee. From what you've described an exclusive licence would fulfil your needs fine.
    Wouldn't an exclusive license prevent the creator from selling the images though (e.g. as prints)?

The7Artist7 is offline I'll have a double Rocktastic with added awesome please Level 10 Gladiator: Equites
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,290 Times in 551 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by andev View Post
    Wouldn't an exclusive license prevent the creator from selling the images though (e.g. as prints)?
    Yes you're correct - simply suggesting that option as it allows the creator to keep control over the use of their image but protects the client from the image being used elsewhere. In this situation if the client pays for use of the image in a particular book, but then decides they'd like to reuse the image in a game - they would arrange a re-use fee with the creator of the image. Also for the client if they discover that the image has been taken and used somewhere else, they still have the legal standpoint to confidently deal with that situation and protect their exclusive use of the image.

If you want the creator to be free to resell the images in certain ways, then you can easily arrange that as the exact details are up to you and the artist to agree.

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.