Sketchbook: Untier's Sketchbook Has Settled - Page 3
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Untier's Sketchbook Has Settled

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hi, magicpudding. I'm so glad of your appreciation. Thank you.

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Black Spot is offline Pew, Pew, Pew Level 17 Gladiator: Spartacus' Dimachaeri
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,370 Times in 3,593 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    I think the comic book stuff works better than the painting as there's no ambiguity as to where the focus is. On the painting, the focus changes in the same plane and contradicts the next. More drawing/painting from life should sort that out. Comic stuff works well.

I didn't think it was possible to be called an artist when you have nothing to say. It's like being a writer who publishes individual words as books and expects to be praised for it.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Black Spot For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Some good stuff here, I really like those eagle studies, you really got the texture of the feathers. I'd like to see more of the black/white/red comics, they seem to suit your style. Keep posting!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to BADOMENS For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Black Spot: Hi, welcome to visit my SB! I appreciate your opinions and advices so much. Thanks for the gaze at my comics. Yep, I'm going to progress in the direction of comics and storyboards with the most energy. Yet I must improve my skills of realistical illustrations once I have spare time. Um-hum, practices from life is always the right and direct guildeline when being confused~

shirobon: Thank you for your favor of my works~ I'm motivated!

Below is one of my relatively satisfying recent works. I find my hand has been able to obviously better coordinate with the images my brain supplys than before. I'm quite happy for that. It seems I can " mutate" things to be almost as weird as what I want them to be more easily now. Not close to perfectly though... But I'm confident that I still have many underground, undersea and extradimensional potentials to mine. lol

Attachment 1678138

Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by untier; January 10th, 2013 at 10:22 AM. Reason: Picture problem

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Elias Leonard For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Nice perspective on that street view.

I didn't think it was possible to be called an artist when you have nothing to say. It's like being a writer who publishes individual words as books and expects to be praised for it.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Black Spot For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 2,689 Times in 2,425 Posts
    Follows
    Following

I think that you are definitely on a roll with these mini comics, and
    your improvement ratio started to rise rapidly. Favorite highlights of your work are the ones
    where there are a lot of blood and mass massacres are going down, for example the weretiger
    assassin. He proved who is the boss, and who rules the streets, in a bloody gory, violent
    urbanistic fashion. Good coloring style, and I want to say that the manga kind of girl in #56
    is pure ace. I like her, I like her, and the way you pulled her hair off.
    Confident you became, you are totally right, and I feel proud.
    Keep up with the awesomeness.

[last update; 28th March 2014]
    SEXUAL CONTENT !WARNING!
    ...looking for a freelance work...
    In search for a Freelance work

12. The Following User Says Thank You to LtPlissken For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by LtPlissken View Post

I think that you are definitely on a roll with these mini comics, and
    your improvement ratio started to rise rapidly. Favorite highlights of your work are the ones
    where there are a lot of blood and mass massacres are going down, for example the weretiger
    assassin. He proved who is the boss, and who rules the streets, in a bloody gory, violent
    urbanistic fashion. Good coloring style, and I want to say that the manga kind of girl in #56
    is pure ace. I like her, I like her, and the way you pulled her hair off.
    Confident you became, you are totally right, and I feel proud.
    Keep up with the awesomeness.
    Hi, buddy, thank you so much for your confirmation! You understand me deeply! I'll never let you down with the encouraging energy you passed to me.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Unexpected Return of the Little Kid. Another page designed by me in typical manga form with screen tones of dots. Btw, I like the handle of cutting those dots. It's a pleasure for me. lol

Name:  Unexpected_Return_of_the_Little_Kid.jpg
Views: 252
Size:  443.1 KB

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    How powerful this creature is! lol

Name:  O_Creature_Sketch2.jpg
Views: 244
Size:  223.7 KB

And a very symbolic stuff.

Name:  O_Creature_colored.jpg
Views: 230
Size:  336.9 KB

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    My design for a Greek new founded company is finally passed. ^^ The company is named GreekON. The founder wants its logo to be in a realistic style like those game logos. I'm about to color it next.

I'd like to put some more process pics of designing that major creature of the logo on here. I'll keep other parts as a secret until it's finished. He he.

Name:  O_Creature_4.jpg
Views: 227
Size:  425.4 KB
    Name:  O_Creature_5.jpg
Views: 232
Size:  435.0 KB
    Name:  O_Creature_Final.jpg
Views: 230
Size:  446.1 KB

Last edited by untier; February 24th, 2013 at 05:09 AM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    This is a page of my own comics. It's very original. The story and arts are all from the universe of my brain. ;P There are only a very cursory synopsis and some storylines in the very beginning of this comics that are done. And There are several leading characters, except for those appearing on this page, either formed merely in my mind...or with some very rough sketches. I can only create it in my spare time so far... so it may well be a fairly long road to run for the birth of the first issue... I'm planning on simultaneous release on earth, moon, Mars, Pleiades, Birgitta planet, Cybertron planet of a parallel universe, Krypton of a parallet universe, and a world called Spheripool Space where the residents live in pure spaces like swimming in the water... :XD: Afterwards, I will release it in many other worlds in succession. This will be a very complicated, profound and breathtaking story, so I predict that it will impress most of the readers!

Name:  Cloak_s_Blocking2.jpg
Views: 215
Size:  434.0 KB

Last edited by untier; February 24th, 2013 at 05:31 AM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Looking Good matey!!

I like the colours around that portal, that comes across very well.

The whole thing flows well too, I cant wait to see some more.

stay well and please keep posting for us.

A great kind hearted lumbering bullock

http://conceptart.org/forums/showthread.php?t=209918 = my Sketchbook

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Lightship69 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hi, my dear matey Lightship69, I'm so touched by your appreciation and your concern for me~! Heh, when I'm busy, it'd be really busy... So that I didn't have extra vigour for visiting CA and communicating with you friends lately. I will be fairly free when the current affairs are done well, so you'll see many of my activities by then. lol It'll be soon.

Umm, by the way, that logo project has been pending for many days by now,due to the manager being occupied by a hard task of goods shipping and management. Best luck to him. And I hope everything will be propitious I can finish this masterpiece soon. lol

I'd like to put something this time. A pantyhosed belle would be a good idea. I love to see a beauty's legs and feet in a pair of pantyhose. The curves are super attractive! They are the best decorations, aren't they? A page of comics. ^^
    Name:  pantyhosed_beauty.jpg
Views: 320
Size:  255.1 KB

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I think maybe 6 legs might be too many. I like the last pin up.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Black Spot For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Hello there. Can it be possible that time flies by so quickly, like it was yesterday that Iíve
    visited your beautiful sketchbook. You are going serious and large with your comic book
    plans and future art and self evolution, which is of course very positive. I have to tell you
    that comic page above in the garage looks really pro, and I think that the next chapters
    of this story will have a huge success. Way to go. Iíve also realized that you like to paint
    and draw female feet and soles, which I also like very much, one of my favorite study time
    is when I draw female legs and feet. You did a nice painting on female soles in your post
    #13 and this last one is just too awesome. Pantyhose legs, that is something thatís worth
    living for. I will try to paint pantyhose and nylon legs in the future, I guess I didnít
    mastered yet that, but I will have to try. If you want me, I can post this last pantyhosed
    painting of yours in my sketchbook, of course, crediting you and putting the link beside
    to your sketchbook. So give me a sign to go and I will post it in my next update, if you donít
    want itís ok also. Well I guess you will be updating more with some hot legs and feet.
    Take care till then.

SEXUAL CONTENT !WARNING!

24. The Following User Says Thank You to LtPlissken For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Black spot:Thank you for your comment! lol I think 6 legs are too many for accustomed kind of animals too... But since it's a symbolized being, I believe it can be right to be more imaginative~! XD Um, the project has been resumed since one more week ago, but I have some emergent occupation last week, so I restarted doing it again yesterday. It's good that the client himself doesn't hurry to complete it... It's good chance for me to learn to make this kind of works perfect~ He's satisfied by the creature and other letters, but he's planning to add some other ornaments in the background and decide a better scale for each attendence to get perfect proportions. We're going to speed the project up from today on.

I'm so glad you said that for the pin up work~ I have made a similar one with an imidiate passion below! lol Curves, yum!

LtPlissken: Hi, man! I didn't expect that your comments could be so synchronous! XD So that I have to edit this post to reply to you, dear sir! Thank you so much for all the encouraging compliments and approvals! I've also realized that we have the same top taste for female feet and soles! I think they have the most wonderful and charming designs of curves in the universe! Sometimes I'd be really dazzled by the curves of a pair of beautiful female feet~! Heh, it's my honor to have my art exhibited in your sketchbook, buddy! Please go ahead! Okay! Let's do more studies on the representations of the most beautiful and exciting curves on earth together in the future! I'm so happy to do so and share the passion with you and other interested members on here! lol

Name:  pantyhosed_beauty2.jpg
Views: 184
Size:  230.1 KB

Last edited by untier; April 1st, 2013 at 11:10 AM.

26. The Following User Says Thank You to untier For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Not as good as the earlier one; she's not sitting as comfortably in her environment and the lighting feels inconsistent. Not certain about the perspective of the figure either.

28. The Following User Says Thank You to Black Spot For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Um, thanks for the studious comments. ^^ For the lighting, I think multiple lights can cause this effect? The lights from different directions, and some are strong, some are weak. And you should consider their coverages and recedings, when you decide who should be whose shadowy areas. Anyway I admit this one is a very speeding painting, so that I didn't think about its light sources much carefully... I just set some approximate positions for them. But I think many people think this way is acceptable for comic pages, as you can simplify many shapes, colors in comics. And you can see the perspectives are usually not so accurate in lots of famous comics. I know this one is very critical if you put it in to the judgement for realistical arts, and that's why I'm still retracing many parts of an illustration of mine more strict demand... I'm still not confident that I can handle that kind well. Well, I'm putting a WIP below in advance, I feel a much stronger pressure to still draw it underground. XD It's that comic monstress in the #58. I'm coloring it and adding a background for her. When I compared my works to those masters and get frustrations when challenging high-level commissions, I know the road before me is still very long to be a content artist in my heart!

Name:  monstress.jpg
Views: 163
Size:  507.4 KB

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

That’s an outstanding character, however it looks a bit elongated, you know the eight head rule,
    but it can be just that she is so tall, like a basketball player, then it’s ok. I think that you are getting
    better with colors and your illustrational style is getting crisper. My suggestion would be that
    you try to do some greyscale paintings, so you could understand more values, contrast and basic
    things. Keep on hacking the wood shaft, and post whenever you can.

SEXUAL CONTENT !WARNING!

31. The Following User Says Thank You to LtPlissken For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by LtPlissken View Post

Thatís an outstanding character, however it looks a bit elongated, you know the eight head rule,
    but it can be just that she is so tall, like a basketball player, then itís ok. I think that you are getting
    better with colors and your illustrational style is getting crisper. My suggestion would be that
    you try to do some greyscale paintings, so you could understand more values, contrast and basic
    things. Keep on hacking the wood shaft, and post whenever you can.

Thanks,LtPlissken! Hey, she's a montress and just a humanoid, so you'd better not demand the best head to body ratio for humans from her. I meant to make her a little huger, but my purpose was to let her have a slimer body type, so she is finally longer! lol

I'd like very much to follow your tips on the value training by doing greyscale paintings. I'm a little scared by a great number of underground labors of hacking my wood shaft before me. However thinking of I won't rest in peace at the end of my life with my current drawing skills, I'd like to pay all the efforts to get to my desired level. I'll try my best to post the traces of my progress frequently on here.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Looking good mate! I don't really have anything to crit that hasn't already been said. I really like your comics. I'm an old comic fan myself, so there will always be a place in my heart for that sort of style. Keep posting!

34. The Following User Says Thank You to chevy28360 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hi, chevy28360. I'm very happy that my comic arts are accepted by you and many other audiences! This has been a great milestone for me in my artistic life. I'm doing my works to excert it in my own idie comic series. But I think I'm too perfectionism to complete the story sooner... So it's been modified and tweaked... I'm starting to design its characters, and since I'm a perfectionism, you know what's gonna happen... Sure, I'll keep sharing my progress on here. Thanks for your visit and concern!

And two nude motion sketches as parts of my featured arts and warm-up. lol I find I should make more pics to dedicate to female audiences' appetites in the future when I practice~ I'm a kind guy, so your happiness is mine too! XD Let's assume they see each other in clothes, or else I don't think his dick should be in this mode... XD

Name:  motion1.jpg
Views: 110
Size:  194.2 KB

Last edited by untier; April 14th, 2013 at 08:47 PM. Reason: image didn't display...

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Looking good. I really like all the color in your armor designs. I look forward to seeing your previous pieces finished as well.

37. The Following User Says Thank You to chevy28360 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Chevy28360, thank you for your support~! Warmest welcome to you! I want to try my best to make that pic, so I'm a little nervous not to constantly modify here and there... so that it hasn't come out dapperly. And this sketch below is a fragment of silhouette showing why I haven't updated the monstress... However this also shows I've still been diligent to progress. lol I have to do practices to find inspirations and strengthen my feat, because I regard that picture as an unparalleled super opponent in my history. :lol: Especially those complex plants in it, which requires me to master playing with brushes and special layers.

So next is a colored speedy sketch to rich my sketch book. A Fighter.

Name:  fighter2.jpg
Views: 107
Size:  182.5 KB

Last edited by untier; April 20th, 2013 at 01:40 AM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

You did a great task with the two nude figure in fighting action. Itís much more harder to do two
    or more figures then only one. By doing multiple figures, you have to be more cautious, so you
    could keep their proportions well related to each other, and you did a solid work for sure.
    On the second fight scene, the female looks a bit short, her torso, like there are no waist area,
    almost immediately from her buttocks are growing out her latissimus dorsi. I like the fighter
    painting, good anatomy and nice values. He is definitely not interesting, a bit boring
    character, but for study sake he is great. Is he one of the more famous MMA fighters?
    Keep on converting the polluted air to a fresh and clean one.

SEXUAL CONTENT !WARNING!

40. The Following User Says Thank You to LtPlissken For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hey uniter, you seem to have a vivid imagination which is great- one thing i spotted in a few of your uploads is a lacking sense in depth and perspective relating to how an object is seen 'in space' in other words making an object look 3d on a 2d plane. Theres some great stuff about this in the book 'drawing comics the marvel way' that might help out or like black spot said; draw more objects from life and you'll soon improve that aspect in your work!

Will

Never Attempt the Possible;attempt the impossible and even if you fail,you'll fall among the stars.

42. The Following User Says Thank You to FootstepsBeckon For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    LtPlissken: Thank you so much for the hearty comment~! Yep, however sequential motions are so crucial in successful comics and storyboardings, thus we have to handle them while conquering any difficulties! You're quite right on the anatomy of the second pose of that girl. ^^! It's my carelessness. I must train more on human body structures in different angles in order to draw very fast without the aid of too many tweaks. As for the latter fighter, I used a ref of Mariusz Pudzianowski, but I changed some features of his face and his hairdo. lol I copy from a photo of him only for practicing my stroke and value controls in concept arts. The handles and memories are very helpful for me to design my own stuffs. I'm also starting to do more grey-scaled paintings, as you advised me, to practice shapes, layouts, perspectives, anatomies and handles of value and light. They can be much quicker than colored ones. I need to reach the really steady high-level!! 'O'

FootstepsBeckon: Hi! Thank you very much for the helpful comments and especially the recipe~ If only I can make everything as well as marvel artists do! Marvel is my all time top idol! lol I've paid for that book and been waiting for it. I've engraved dear black spot's words and will carry it on frequently!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hi, everybody, i'm back. It's something worthy of celebrating that I find I myself still alive! Why do I think my time is extremely inadequate to busy myself at some relationships or communities? How to gain more time?

Some works:

Name:  Troy5.jpg
Views: 56
Size:  406.4 KB

Name:  GiantGirl.jpg
Views: 55
Size:  351.9 KB

Name:  Belle.jpg
Views: 57
Size:  439.3 KB

Name:  jill_valentine_spanking_vanessa_z__schneider_s_by_untier_nick-d698443.jpg
Views: 59
Size:  224.9 KB

Name:  catman_by_untier_nick-d6f87d6.jpg
Views: 54
Size:  162.0 KB

Last edited by untier; August 11th, 2013 at 12:08 AM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hi matey thanks for the SB visits and kind words!

all I have to say at the moment is nice perspective work and good anatomy, but keep an eye on the gestures and weight shift in the movement drawings its slipping a bit.

all the best matey and keep drawing I want to see loads more.

A great kind hearted lumbering bullock

http://conceptart.org/forums/showthread.php?t=209918 = my Sketchbook

46. The Following User Says Thank You to Lightship69 For This Useful Post:

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 6