Following
    good luck with the new project!

nice 2d and 3d work wow!

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Nyoron For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Looking at your 3D I definitely didn't deserve that max-grade on my 3rd semester project which was a 3D game! My God... I can't even start to wrap my head around how you do that! And how long does it take you to render!? My PC would die frying in the process :p
    Your other art is great as well.
    Awesome!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Trixtar For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Excellent sketchbook. You seem to be getting a really solid education at the school your going to

6. The Following User Says Thank You to papageo For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Nice new paintings!
    Subscribing!

All the best with everything!

Sketchbook

Need to fill this up!
    Finally Finished

Mostly traditional media.
    Fine Art

www.jsnzart.com

8. The Following User Says Thank You to jsn For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    The sexy worker on the first page is seducing ... expecting more of sexy girl from u!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to cerealist For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Looks great! The colors remind me of Lorlandchain. Not saying the work does itself, just the color, haha.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Seage For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Keep up the good work, Connie!

Your painting already looks 1000 times better than my first color still life oil painting when I started at Laguna College of Art & Design back in 1995-'96...

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    cute fishies!

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Nyoron For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Semester is over, Beginning Drawing Class done. It went pretty well - for a total noob that never did stuff with a brush before. All four of my paintings ended up in school display. Only one other student has all four on display. about 5 others have one or two - for the fall semester that is.

I'm taking three classes in spring. 3D Design, Color Theory, and repeating Beginning Figure Drawing.
    I did figure drawing this summer, and got A and full credit. I want to take it again for two reasons... see if I can handle close to a full load of school before transferring to a major school, and also, to make me practice figure drawing more. I'll take figure drawing 1 again for credit.no credit, so in case my health starts falling apart, I have an option to go easy in the class.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    5 stars! Merry christmas! *****

MY DAILY SKETCHES

If you can read this, I gave you 5 stars

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Dark_Eyes For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Fantastic work! Your paintings seem to be really meticulously done both in process and in the rendering. It's great to hear your 3d work was featured professionally too! You've got me beat on crits however.
    Show us more!

20. The Following User Says Thank You to lemming-clone- For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Great work!! and lovely lighting

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Izene For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,206 Times in 774 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    That still life painting in post #126 is really impressive, especially for your first colored painting. I love the combination of colors, but my favorite part is that little white teapot in the front - the subtle blending is really wonderful.

24. The Following User Says Thank You to dierat For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Good job on that last still life. Your 3D stuff is great!

Twitter|Tumblr|CGhub|DeviantArt|Blog||Mick.MonsieurBeefy@gmail.com

available for work!

26. The Following User Says Thank You to Monsieur-Beefy For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thanks for the comment on my Sketchbook! You know, I might join you in your Loomis-repetition suffering, misery loves company after all. I don't know much about 3D art, but yours looks good to me!

Your still lifes are rad! Accurately drawing all those ellipses still eludes me. Great jorb!

We are cups, constantly and quietly being filled. The trick is, knowing how to tip ourselves over and let the beautiful stuff out.
    - Ray Bradbury

28. The Following User Says Thank You to littlebones For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Great sketchbook. I kinda had to whiz through and missed all the comments, but there's some strong images and artwork.

~Slayer

30. The Following User Says Thank You to thegrayslayer For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey ConnieKat thanks for the gesture advice. Awesome stuff in ur SB I really love that Durer hand study!

The contour drawings of your still lives are insane, how are you able to deal with so much detail at once, I take one look at it and just think "nope, impossible."

-----------------------------------------
    My Sketchbook
    http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...234403&page=10

32. The Following User Says Thank You to Whirly For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Whirly View Post
    Hey ConnieKat thanks for the gesture advice. Awesome stuff in ur SB I really love that Durer hand study!

The contour drawings of your still lives are insane, how are you able to deal with so much detail at once, I take one look at it and just think "nope, impossible."
    Hey Whirly, thanks a bunch for looking and the nice compliments.

About the detail, we learned how to do that in my drawing class, we started off with learning how to look for positive and negative space, and after few exercises where you start having a clue what to look for, I find those freeform contour line study sketches pretty fund to do. I know the proportions and perspective on them are all wrong, bit that wrongness gives them and interested organic look at the same time, the way I see it.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    sweet sweet stuff man, i dig those oils and 3Ds
    but you need to tackle a little more anatomy and proportions.
    its a good start, but those porportions need some improvement.
    tho your 3d stuff seems to have the right proportions and anatomy

thanks for all the help with my whining btw!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I went though your entire thread, and man you did a lot of progress during the class, your figures toward the end were very good
    Your first paintings look much better than any of my still lifes, so you're good
    Keep it up

36. The Following User Says Thank You to nelchee For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    You've got some interesting 3d works! I'm sure your 3d skills will help you a lot in understanding volumes and shapes in your further drawing practice. Also your still lives are very well, love your coloring style! Keep up your tight work! ^__^

deviantart accountsketchbook

★ may your pencil always be sharp except for when you need it blunt ★

38. The Following User Says Thank You to b-dawg For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    i love your paintings... wow ur sky rocketing with ur skills.. ur progressing fast.. love that.. great work..

i love to do everything and learn everything... i hate to be cornered in one place.. i believe u can be anything u want... Your mind is limitless... check out my sketchbook ... u will find a bit of everything

http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...d.php?t=203429

40. The Following User Says Thank You to Rain Walker For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey Connie, nice work on the paintings. It's obvious you're really pushing hard to improve. I would really watch the head sizes on those quick stick figures though, they look like midgets... unless of course the model was a midget, which could perfectly be the case. Just remember, the rib cage is roughly 150% the mass/volume of the skull, and there has to be enough space between the ribs and the hip box for the body to be able to bend, so just knowing those two facts will automatically orient your size relationships of the head, ribs, and pelvis (the three main masses of the body).

The more detailed figures look nice, especially the last one, but I would personally recommend moving on to study many of the connector points in detail... for example, how the hips really work (eg. the widest point is at the greater trochanter, which comes out at an angle from the hip socket), how the deltoids wrap over the shoulder joint, etc. Having them as balls is really not that beneficial in my humble opinion. Start getting to know anatomy a little more.

Keep up the great progress!

42. The Following User Says Thank You to Cadaure For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Your paintings are very impressive just dont give up you are a great artist

Sketchbook

Everything is permitted

44. The Following User Says Thank You to GDM For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Medelo View Post
    Hey Connie, nice work on the paintings. It's obvious you're really pushing hard to improve. I would really watch the head sizes on those quick stick figures though, they look like midgets... unless of course the model was a midget, which could perfectly be the case. Just remember, the rib cage is roughly 150% the mass/volume of the skull, and there has to be enough space between the ribs and the hip box for the body to be able to bend, so just knowing those two facts will automatically orient your size relationships of the head, ribs, and pelvis (the three main masses of the body).

The more detailed figures look nice, especially the last one, but I would personally recommend moving on to study many of the connector points in detail... for example, how the hips really work (eg. the widest point is at the greater trochanter, which comes out at an angle from the hip socket), how the deltoids wrap over the shoulder joint, etc. Having them as balls is really not that beneficial in my humble opinion. Start getting to know anatomy a little more.

Keep up the great progress!
    Thanks for the tips
    These are for figure drawing class which just started, he has us doing something new every class. Right now the cylinders were to start people on the above/below the viewer concept. Boxes are to start people on looking at the body parts in perspective. More anatomical detail comes later in the class Today's class we did light logic and identifying lights and darks.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,010 Times in 539 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Since you made the comment on the heads.

Looking through the sketch pages here it just looks like you haven't done many studies on the heads and such. Just need to practice em' simple as that lol. It's one of the most iconic and complex things to draw. The 3 things it seems people find the hardest initially to tackle are hands, feet, and the head surfing around peoples SB's.

For me I'm in the opposite boat, seems like your getting a pretty firm grasp of the human figure, while me I've done a ton of faces and heads, starting to feel fairly confident on those from imagination but I need to do a lot more figure studies. So I feel more confident in that and it's features than the rest of the body.

When you do get into the face the only real comment I can make is be aware of the proportions of the eyes. One of the biggest flaws I see people (including myself) do is unintentionally enlarging the eyes. I think people do it because the eyes are rather fun to make and an important feature people put more emphasis on than they should personally.

47. The Following User Says Thank You to JFierce For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Since I'm watching your for SB quite some time now, I guess I could also leave a comment...

About the heads: Also try to always remember that they are much more than just a egg shape with features (exes/lips/nose), but that the planes are equally important. Someone once told me I'm just slapping features on the face withouth thought, and that really got me thinking - I guess it's a common mistake, because eyes are just so more fun than drawing a forehead
    Maybe another thing to note is, don't draw the eyes too close to the nose in 3/4 or profile view. Your heads so far aren't really off though - the basic face/head and proportions look good. And you're right, some studies and you'll excell!

I feel a bit pretentious for giving advidce on drawing heads, as I'm struggling a lot with drawing those myself - but I'm mostly repeating what advide I've picked up here and there, so maybe it will still help.

By the way, will you be reporting about your LCAD experience here (or somewhere else)? I would so love to watch you progress there and how it's going and all!

And one last question (am I annoying you already?) which bothers me since I first entered your sketchbook: How the hell did you achieve this level of smooth shading in the second image? http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...1&postcount=10
    Even if I try to be "careful" with drawing, it doesn't even nearly come out like this. Did you use harder/thinner pencils? Careful hatching in several layers? I always wonder if I'm just too impatient when I see pencil work like that, or if I miss something crucial.

Have a nice week!
    <sneaks out>

Last edited by Lyraina; February 13th, 2012 at 03:46 AM. Reason: grammar

49. The Following User Says Thank You to Lyraina For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by JFierce View Post
    Since you made the comment on the heads.

Looking through the sketch pages here it just looks like you haven't done many studies on the heads and such. Just need to practice em' simple as that lol. It's one of the most iconic and complex things to draw. The 3 things it seems people find the hardest initially to tackle are hands, feet, and the head surfing around peoples SB's.

For me I'm in the opposite boat, seems like your getting a pretty firm grasp of the human figure, while me I've done a ton of faces and heads, starting to feel fairly confident on those from imagination but I need to do a lot more figure studies. So I feel more confident in that and it's features than the rest of the body.

When you do get into the face the only real comment I can make is be aware of the proportions of the eyes. One of the biggest flaws I see people (including myself) do is unintentionally enlarging the eyes. I think people do it because the eyes are rather fun to make and an important feature people put more emphasis on than they should personally.
    Thanks a bunch for such an elaborate response

You know, my first figure drawing class was a month long, three days a week 8 hours a day experience. One day covered a lecture and some practice on head drawing. That happened to be the day I was so tired and nauseated from the heatwave, that even though I was in the class, I just didn't absorb much.

So this semester I decided to take the class again to keep practicing - we can take same level class up to three times, it started about a month ago.

Coincidentally, today, we had a lecture and some practice on head drawing - I was able to follow this time. Between then and today, I had virtually no head drawing experience.

I was just feeling a tad confident because I made some progress on the figure drawing, that I thought I could wing it with the head... and well, it shows I'm missing a lot.

We had a really nice three and a half hour long lecture today, he talked and sketched the skull, the flesh and how it fits the skull, where key points are, how the 'canons' (proportions) relate to one another... then showed us construction of the individual parts.... Now I'm armed with all kinds of new things I can attempt to put into (mis)use next class (Wed.).

51. The Following User Says Thank You to Conniekat8 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Lyraina View Post
    Since I'm watching your for SB quite some time now, I guess I could also leave a comment...

About the heads: Also try to always remember that they are much more than just a egg shape with features (exes/lips/nose), but that the planes are equally important. Someone once told me I'm just slapping features on the face withouth thought, and that really got me thinking - I guess it's a common mistake, because eyes are just so more fun than drawing a forehead
    Maybe another thing to note is, don't draw the eyes too close to the nose in 3/4 or profile view. Your heads so far aren't really off though - the basic face/head and proportions look good. And you're right, some studies and you'll excell!

I feel a bit pretentious for giving advidce on drawing heads, as I'm struggling a lot with drawing those myself - but I'm mostly repeating what advide I've picked up here and there, so maybe it will still help.
    Aww, thanks for such nice comments, and especially for the critique

By the way, will you be reporting about your LCAD experience here (or somewhere else)? I would so love to watch you progress there and how it's going and all!
    Very likely Thanks for asking

And one last question (am I annoying you already?) which bothers me since I first entered your sketchbook: How the hell did you achieve this level of smooth shading in the second image? http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...1&postcount=10
    Even if I try to be "careful" with drawing, it doesn't even nearly come out like this. Did you use harder/thinner pencils? Careful hatching in several layers? I always wonder if I'm just too impatient when I see pencil work like that, or if I miss something crucial.
    That second image... that's probably about 60 hours of layer upon layer of fine pencil strokes, starting with a 2H pencil, then gradually softer (H, B, 2B, 4B, 6B), to deepen the darks as needed.

I got kind of lucky on that one, the teacher showed us a demo on how to do it, and it immediatelly just clicked. That rough shaded image above is what I know how to do before the demo. I'm not sure if I can explain how, without a demonstration. Let me poke around the youtube and see if I can't find something similar.

53. The Following User Says Thank You to Conniekat8 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thanks for replying - it's good to hear that it really needs time and practice, and I'm not just missing something or being too stupid. I'll go and look if I'll find some videos on that topic, thanks for the advice.

Good luck with your head studies!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.