Thanked 1,585 Times in 604 Posts
    Very nice - esp. the two first pieces.

Love all the edges for the machinery
    SB. p31 updated 25.04.2012.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
  3. The Following User Says Thank You to dan liimatta For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Your contour drawings are very nice. It's a pleasure looking at them. I don't know anything about 3D work, but what you have looks impressive. From the looks of it, you have a great eye for detail.
    If you have the time, please stop by my sketchbook, Chock Full o'Nuts.
    I would appreciate any advice or critiques.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Conniekat8 View Post
    My 'path' has been kind of odd, I spent last 20 years being a civil engineer, and in the course of that I became good with CAD and 3D programs and hard surface modeling.... (my family made me become an engineer instead of a 'starving artist' *sigh*) in last few years I decided to ditch that and follow what I always wanted to do, which is artistic stuff, which is kind of how I fell into making add-ons for DZ products.
    this is 99 % the story of my life.. but insted of civial they wanted me either an enigneer or architect.. so i became a 3d modeler for architecture and interior designs... i took the same decision as u at 2009-6-1 .. and never looked back.. and i urge you never to look back.. and go with art to the end.. experiment with oil paintings.. digital painting.. all kind of art and mediums... GO FOR WHAT YOU WANT not what they want from you ... Keep the fire going SISTER!!
    i love to do everything and learn everything... i hate to be cornered in one place.. i believe u can be anything u want... Your mind is limitless... check out my sketchbook ... u will find a bit of everything

http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...d.php?t=203429

Facebook page : https://www.facebook.com/salemshanouha

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Rain Walker For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Rain Walker View Post
    this is 99 % the story of my life.. but insted of civial they wanted me either an enigneer or architect.. so i became a 3d modeler for architecture and interior designs... i took the same decision as u at 2009-6-1 .. and never looked back.. and i urge you never to look back.. and go with art to the end.. experiment with oil paintings.. digital painting.. all kind of art and mediums... GO FOR WHAT YOU WANT not what they want from you ... Keep the fire going SISTER!!
    THANK YOU!!!!
    Yea, I wish I had done what I'm doing now much earlier. In the past I was afraid to give up the engineering job. three years ago when the recession hit and I lost the job, and ended up having to scrounge left and right, I finally had time on my hands, and not much to lose.

It's sooooo much nicer when you do what you actually like. I think the potential at getting really good at what you like is much higher then at what you 'have to do'. ... now I just have to keep practicing Must be time for a daily sketch

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Conniekat8 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Impressive 3D figures! Let's see more of the line work, good to see you pushing the fundamentals.

Keep posting!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to The_Flying_Dutchman For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Keep drawing. It looks promising.

Thanks
    I discovered the new "Golden Rule of Cat"
    The minute you start sketching a motionles sleeping cat, it will decide to wake up, stretch and roll over into a completely unrelated position.
    .....staring at 6 barely started cat line drawings.....
    Change of subject.
    Last edited by Conniekat8; May 29th, 2011 at 10:28 PM. Reason: fixing typoneese

Thanks
    Had something similar with the engineer path ~ only started painting half seriously at 24-25 and decided to give it a shot when I was 26-27 and turning 28 I started to feel at home with it - 30 now :/

But it wasn't a direct demand - it was part me as well as I decided against it when I was 12 when I first could take extra painting classes in school but opted for welding/mechanical classes and then again when I was 15 and I picked the science/nature school instead - and then while going there I picked CAD instead of painting again - despite always having my best grades in painting (with recommendation and all) - then at 20 I picked a programming school over an art school - getting into both - and fuck I was stupid

& At least past 15 it was mostly me - sure there is pressure from family - but at least they turned out to be supportive once I decided I wanted to paint (moved home after school instead of getting work when I was 26 to start painting instead of doing what I studied for.

So good luck with it ~
    (it landed me work 2008 with texturing/concept - and after the collapse of the firm and some personal health crisis I'm now going to get back into it ~ )

& 6 minutes of cat is pretty decent - you should try the 10-30 second gestures

Thanks
    Might be a good idea - and looks good.

I really should do more studies and line/pencil - so visiting people that do is a bit annoying
    Last edited by dan liimatta; May 30th, 2011 at 09:41 PM. Reason: really

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dan liimatta View Post
    Might be a good idea - and looks good.

I realy should do more studies and line/pencil - so visiting people that do is a bit annoying
    ooopsie....
    well, if it makes you feel better, I do it because that's about all I can do so far... well, we did light modeling, and barely scratched the surface with charcoal, so for now I'm kind of a one trick pony.

I'm intensely jealous of you guys who look like you can do everything!

Thanks
    I Kind of walked into that one - not that I can do everything ~ (I'm still rather stilted when it comes to people, especially in complex poses & you rarely see me do larger scenes with lots of normal people for a reason).

& Gl with the LD - done a bit (not enough) and it's rewarding.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dan liimatta View Post
    Had something similar with the engineer path ~ only started painting half seriously at 24-25 and decided to give it a shot when I was 26-27 and turning 28 I started to feel at home with it - 30 now :/

But it wasn't a direct demand - it was part me as well as I decided against it when I was 12 when I first could take extra painting classes in school but opted for welding/mechanical classes and then again when I was 15 and I picked the science/nature school instead - and then while going there I picked CAD instead of painting again - despite always having my best grades in painting (with recommendation and all) - then at 20 I picked a programming school over an art school - getting into both - and fuck I was stupid

& At least past 15 it was mostly me - sure there is pressure from family - but at least they turned out to be supportive once I decided I wanted to paint (moved home after school instead of getting work when I was 26 to start painting instead of doing what I studied for.

So good luck with it ~
    (it landed me work 2008 with texturing/concept - and after the collapse of the firm and some personal health crisis I'm now going to get back into it ~ )

& 6 minutes of cat is pretty decent - you should try the 10-30 second gestures
    Oh Yeah, boy, do I hear ya!!!!!!

When I was around 16, I got accepted in somewhat high lama engineering school 'back home' and with my immediate family all being engineers architects doctors etc... wouldn't hear of me becoming a "starving artist".

Which is really really REALLY dumb of my family especially because my grandfathers brother (now deceased) is a rather acomplished artist for the area where he lived. He spent most of his life in Paris, so most of the info about him is in french, and I don't know french.... I gather some of his pieces are in european museums... a friend of mine found a few french websites that talk about him, but I can't find them at the moment. Also with the way my stupid family is, I never got to meet him.

But... I never got over the feeling of 'even if I discover that I totally suck I have to do this.'

This is a teensy bit of info about him: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Virgilije_Nevjesti%C4%87

anyway, the reason I brought him up is probably because I wanted to touch upon a reason why most of the time I feel like "OMG, I suck, I may as well just give it all up now..."... and another part of me semi secretly hopes, maybe I do have some talent.... who knows, time will tell.
    I also tend to overanalyze, in case noone noticed yet. *shrugs*
    Last edited by Conniekat8; May 31st, 2011 at 04:11 AM. Reason: trying to retrieve foot out of mouth

lord_regenschirm is offline Brought up in the ancient arts of mouse-painting :D
    Thanks
    hmmmm ... nice girls there might be some anatomy issues but you're doing pretty well in the overall finish! Not much to comment on the studies so far ... they are the necessary pain in the ass of fine arts to be honest we all have to do them in order to really develop our skills but I guess I can speak for most of us when I say that it's not that much fun ^^
    No skill still isn't a new side.
    ~ Arnold Böcklin

Visit my sketchbook-gallery kinda thing ...

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast