Art: My business logo (feedback please)

Join 500,000+ Artists

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

My business logo (feedback please)

Hello everyone,

Attached is the logo which i am likely to use for when i start my business doing freelance graphic design and illustration.

I needed something that looks professional but not too corporate, as i'm not trying to compete head on with high budget corporate groups as i don't have the experience or business savy to do so. I plan to be a more affordable alternative that supplies quality work, and to begin with i will probably approach smaller businesses via email who could do with an update in their identity or presentation either website, logo or advertisement wise. I also have a small network of group and community based organizations that i do volunteer work for.

If i could get some feedback on what impression the logo gives and whether it suits the target market i have briefly described, that would be greatly appreciated.

Much thanks,

Steve.

Attached Images Attached Images  
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I saw the image before reading text, first of i thought it's a travel agency, but then i started thinking the visuals... It must be some kind of designing company. Yea, it looks cool, but i think you will need also logo which is more wider (as an example: the webpages header, no1 wants fullscreen logo on the header)

4. The Following User Says Thank You to SourceStorm For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I'd pay more attention to scale, the symbol seems to be dwarfed by the typography. If you scale down the type it may help balance your image. Hope this helps!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Spyplane For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I would recommend you loose one of the fonts.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to RyanRyan For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 3,153 Times in 1,067 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Incorporate the type and the logo more. Lose the chalk/handwritten font. The sun looks fun, warm and kind of retro but the text is the opposite of that. Maybe a different font. You can be professional and colorful too.

"Astronomy offers an aesthetic indulgence not duplicated in any other field. This is not an academic or hypothetical attraction and should require no apologies, for the beauty to be found in the skies has been universally appreciated for unrecorded centuries."

10. The Following User Says Thank You to s.ketch For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I notice you're using a gradient on the sun. You might want to think about how well that would translate across applications. How would something like that work in low resolution gray scale? If you haven't already, design things is black and white first so that it's strong even without color. You can always have a few variations.

See my Sketchbook!!!!!!!!

And my blog

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Disciplette For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    First of all settle what you're going for. Is it a hi-tech modern type logo, is it a sketchup feeling, the title and the .com don't mix, it's quite confusing. I get the sun idea however, the gradient lines in it aren't that good. Start from the point that bright doesn't necessarily mean yellow-orange. Most graphic design logos focus on color diversity. As a way of pointing to the CMYK system. You should also try something like that. If not, you need a contrast, a one sided pallet for a visual agency is not something you'd want to have. Take into consideration that you will be creating a visual universe for every client. Clients would want to be impressed about the logo. The sun itself is good for the bright part but that you want to focus on is visuals because that's what your client's going to be interested in, visuals as main theme, bright minds as a quality of the main theme. I say you keep the font, change the .com, redo the color pallete and change the icon. Good luck!

14. The Following User Says Thank You to MotionWind For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    nice sun logo, I like what you did with ".com". Personally, I would make some changes to the words.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to nemomarlin For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Much thanks for all the advice. Much has been taken into account.
    I have updated the logo and am currently building a website template. Will post both in a couple weeks when all i complete.

Wishing you all well,

Steve.

Members who have read this thread: 2