Thanks
    Thanked 1,221 Times in 134 Posts

Thumbs up Painter 12 Trial

Hi Everyone,

the new Corel painter 12 full version and trial demos are finally available today
    you can download it here

I have been working for the last several months, beta testing 12 and I fully endorse this product, beyond the array of new features this version come with a special android Jones creativity workspace that you can import into painter. It lets you hit the ground running by giving you access to all my custom brushes, patterns and papers and shortcuts,

download it today
    join the fractal

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
  3. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Android For This Useful Post:

+ Show/Hide list of the thanked

Thanks
    Downloaded it last night! Hope some of the issues got fixed.
    Thank you for the testing!!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,120 Times in 394 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Android View Post
    this version come with a special android Jones creativity workspace that you can import into painter. It lets you hit the ground running by giving you access to all my custom brushes, patterns and papers and shortcuts
    Painter 12 Trial

OH BOY

Thanks for the link man, already downloaded. Never tried painter before, but the brushes are seeming way better than the photoshop ones already, very realistic.

"I have nothing to offer but blood, toil, tears and sweat." - Winston Churchill

Quote Originally Posted by Stoat View Post
    I would like to hike to the North Pole. I have a shoe and a ham sandwich. What do I do next?

Thanks
    I really enjoy the feel of painter over ps for whatever reason, might just buy it, thank you.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,045 Times in 379 Posts
    I'm in love.

It's not even doing that thing where (I have version 10) it gets "stuck" and I have to move the canvas around to reset it. It's such a different feel. It's still a bit slow by default but after tweaking the preferences a bit it feels pretty fast.

/fangirlingasm

If I had 300-something dollars I would probably get this. I wasn't too impressed with the trial version of version 11 but this is NICE:

Attachment 1231164

Edit: Oh and I have to mention this: Some of the pen brushes just don't feel like crap anymore.
    Last edited by velderia; May 13th, 2011 at 11:49 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,593 Times in 1,617 Posts
    I've gone through the feature list and it seems to me that this is another of those Corel-trademark "major versions" which should have in reality been a minor update. Painter 12 = Painter 8.4?

Has anyone got any experience with version 12 yet? Have you found any MAJOR breakthroughs apart from the alleged speedup?

Thanks
    I havent used Painter since 9. I just hated how clunky it was. Anybody that tested it know if it paints as quick as PS?

Thanks
    Thanked 2,804 Times in 942 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Brashen View Post
    I havent used Painter since 9. I just hated how clunky it was. Anybody that tested it know if it paints as quick as PS?
    It is a bit faster, but not yet as ps, at least for me. And i have quad core, with 12gb of ram,nvidia gtx580, win7

M

Thanks
    Thanked 1,471 Times in 723 Posts
    Just downloaded the trial. First time trying Painter of any version and I think I'm in love

Thanks
    Thanked 2,121 Times in 870 Posts
    Thanks so much Andrew! The work that you've been doing with it has been especially awesome.

Also check your pms please.

And man this program is cool! I started out just sketching with the pencils and I couldn't believe it! It was like using real pencil or charcoal (without the mess) and probably quicker than photoshop. And I then I doodled a bit to make something sort of "android-esque" Lots of fun! I don't know why but when I was selecting things the selection kept disappearing? That was a bit annoying.
    Last edited by OldJake666; May 15th, 2011 at 04:00 AM.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Android View Post
    Hi Everyone,

the new Corel painter 12 full version and trial demos are finally available today
    you can download it here

I have been working for the last several months, beta testing 12 and I fully endorse this product, beyond the array of new features this version come with a special android Jones creativity workspace that you can import into painter. It lets you hit the ground running by giving you access to all my custom brushes, patterns and papers and shortcuts,

download it today
    join the fractal
    I just got the download last night ... may have to put this on my beta box so I can get a bit time (that box get wiped once month) this is going to take bit to get uses to as the did just add they did big re-design and this going to change some of my setting and set up on some projects but I still need to play with it more . I like some and do not like other changes . They took controls off the drawing window where I like them. The change to copy PS layout I feel could be bad for some who like the past interface.

the brushes and all see to move faster but I am on very fast Win7 system so it should . Will see how it work on the desk top under XP on my main desk top and on the beta box I use for testing. I need to see what can and can not do to change the lay out as I really do not like that they the brush menu but I will play with it more as I can get time. I want to see how it handle layering as 11 didn't do as well as 10 did. I need to take more time on some of the new things and see how they work with my laptop I work from now. I will be buy this later on as I want to make sure it is going to be more useful and stable than 11 was.

Has anyone written a full review or post a video review yet? I may do one later if I can get the time .. Thanks for letting us know about the trial version.

CC

Thanks
    Are your custom brushes in the academic edition? Or are they just in the demo?
    My Sketchbook

Twinkle, twinkle little star
    I don't wonder what you are
    For by spectroscopic ken
    I know that you are hydrogen - Ian D.