artist getting a girlfriend/boyfriend (through art) - Page 2
Join Free Art WorkShopJoin Premium Art Workshop

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: artist getting a girlfriend/boyfriend (through art)

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    This thread is now a baww thread

My SketchBook

--Wait, whut? --
    Anonymous
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Thanked 1,219 Times in 624 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Way to be funny people Nim is a great guy, and he is drawing better NOW than most of you ever will, in your lifetime. Get of this thread if you got nothing constructive to say.

Anyways, hope you get some datin' going and good luck in your searches man!

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dile_ For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 2,122 Times in 871 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by s.ketch View Post
    14/f/cali

Someone tell Manley to start up an artist social network/dating site.
    Well there's already tastebuds.fm, why not something art based? Well, there's DeviantArt.

It'd be pretty easy for a girl to get a date on CA. just go through the "what made you depressed" thread and message all of the lonely guys!

And really Nim, don't listen to the haters. Many times I've thought of making a thread like this but I never had the balls to. I salute you!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to OldJake666 For This Useful Post:

OmenSpirits is offline Commercial-Illustrator in-training, NOT an artist. Level 13 Gladiator: Retiarius
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,042 Times in 680 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Dile_ View Post
    Way to be funny people Nim is a great guy, and he is drawing better NOW than most of you ever will, in your lifetime. Get of this thread if you got nothing constructive to say.

Anyways, hope you get some datin' going and good luck in your searches man!
    And so it shall be said....
    When one posts in a public forum, one is OPENING one's self up to EVERYONE who has an opinion, serious, or otherwise (funny dog! )

So if nim wants a date, try Match.com or someplace where they won't be ridiculed...for posting a dating ad in a art forum?

He's a great guy (by your statement) but not too sharp on where to look for a mate, neh?

And the drawing bit, kinda immature.

Last edited by OmenSpirits; May 12th, 2011 at 10:17 PM.
    "Everything must serve the idea. The means used to convey the idea should be the simplest and clear. Just what is required. No extra images. To me this is a universal principle of art. Saying as much as possible with a minimum of means."
    -John Huston, Director

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to OmenSpirits For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Aww nim, I'm sure you will find a lovely girl someday. Sometimes when you stop searching, love just falls right into your lap. You've got the whole talented artist thing on your side. I really love your "nature" sketches.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by OmenSpirits View Post
    And so it shall be said....
    When one posts in a public forum, one is OPENING one's self up to EVERYONE who has an opinion, serious, or otherwise (funny dog! )

So if nim wants a date, try Match.com or someplace where they won't be ridiculed...for posting a dating ad in a art forum?

He's a great guy (by your statement) but not too sharp on where to look for a mate, neh?

And the drawing bit, kinda immature.
    Nim is a good dude, and I'll put money that he will always be two steps ahead of you in not only drawing BUT intellect. I'll put money on it shittalkmcgee.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to ethan karnopp For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 3,153 Times in 1,067 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacob Kobryn View Post
    Well there's already tastebuds.fm, why not something art based? Well, there's DeviantArt.

It'd be pretty easy for a girl to get a date on CA. just go through the "what made you depressed" thread and message all of the lonely guys!

And really Nim, don't listen to the haters. Many times I've thought of making a thread like this but I never had the balls to. I salute you!
    Shoot, he's taken care of the educational aspect of being an artist. Partially covered the social aspect. New ground to cover would be romance for the artist.

"Astronomy offers an aesthetic indulgence not duplicated in any other field. This is not an academic or hypothetical attraction and should require no apologies, for the beauty to be found in the skies has been universally appreciated for unrecorded centuries."

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Get of this thread if you got nothing constructive to say.
    Swedish people are weird.

Sketchbook of the Now|Visual Lovemaking|Abominables
    I do that thing where you scalp cars-salesmen and call it art.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lintire For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Lintire View Post
    Swedish people are weird.
    Yet another reason to immigrate there =D

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Looks like this thread is going to turn into a contest of who can be the biggest dick. Some of these comments are so immature and foolish. Grow up.

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to JJacks For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I met my husband in art class, there's just something about a man with a well used watercolor set...

18. The Following User Says Thank You to LibertineM For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 3,344 Times in 1,123 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    being constructive now that I'm not crippled with exhaustion

Instead of a one on one meet, how about a larger social get together in sweden sometime? Maybe a bigger circle of friends/acquaintances and regular social activities would let things happen more naturally. Pub scrawls? Art parties? Visits to galleries? Camping trips/hikes for nature drawing?

The aspergers might be a hindrance, just a suggestion.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by JJacks View Post
    Looks like this thread is going to turn into a contest of who can be the biggest dick. Some of these comments are so immature and foolish. Grow up.
    Oh, so it's all cool to ridicule someone, but bite back a bit and now I'm immature? C'mon. Dude made a post and a good half the replies were instantly a bunch of dicks. It's fine to make 300 posts in the lounge about 'why my life is shit' or 'how depressed I am' but god forbid this, no this thread is completely out of line.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to ethan karnopp For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by ethan karnopp View Post
    Oh, so it's all cool to ridicule someone, but bite back a bit and now I'm immature? C'mon. Dude made a post and a good half the replies were instantly a bunch of dicks. It's fine to make 300 posts in the lounge about 'why my life is shit' or 'how depressed I am' but god forbid this, no this thread is completely out of line.
    If I was just singling you out, I would have quoted you like I am now. I was speaking in general; to the people taking stabs at the poor guy and those who are "biting back."

And yeah, if I were to judge you on that single post, I would say you are immature. I'm sure you're a decent or even good person but that was such an incredibly rude thing to say.

OmenSpirits is offline Commercial-Illustrator in-training, NOT an artist. Level 13 Gladiator: Retiarius
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,042 Times in 680 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Nim is a good dude, and I'll put money that he will always be two steps ahead of you in not only drawing BUT intellect. I'll put money on it shittalkmcgee.
    This is me, laughing at you.

"Everything must serve the idea. The means used to convey the idea should be the simplest and clear. Just what is required. No extra images. To me this is a universal principle of art. Saying as much as possible with a minimum of means."
    -John Huston, Director

Black Spot is online now Pew, Pew, Pew Level 17 Gladiator: Spartacus' Dimachaeri
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,367 Times in 3,590 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    The drop in life drawing classes I go to have a good proportion of young attractive girls. It only takes one comment to start a conversation. Just by showing an interest you can get someone to open up without much work. Good luck and I hope you find an interesting person.

I didn't think it was possible to be called an artist when you have nothing to say. It's like being a writer who publishes individual words as books and expects to be praised for it.

Jason Manley is offline Administrator Level 17 Gladiator: Spartacus' Dimachaeri
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,547 Times in 2,159 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by s.ketch View Post
    14/f/cali

Someone tell Manley to start up an artist social network/dating site.

That is the last thing we need. haha. No art will get done.

This thread made me smile. Brave to venture into the CA Lounge and put oneself out there like that. It just might work. I was the lucky winner of a multi-year relationship from the what do you look like thread back in 05. One goofy comment essentially saying "more please" earned a pm response of "your wish is my command" and well...yeah...life was an adventure after that for a long time.

Considering there is at least one European marriage and baby born from that same thread here in the lounge, anything is possible.

Go guy go!

LEVEL UP! - ConceptArt.Org online workshops 25% off registration right now!

26. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Jason Manley For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Manley View Post
    Wait, you mean there's other ways to impress potential dates?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

This thread made me smile. Brave to venture into the CA Lounge and put oneself out there like that. It just might work. I was the lucky winner of a multi-year relationship from the what do you look like thread back in 05. One goofy comment essentially saying "more please" earned a pm response of "your wish is my command" and well...yeah...life was an adventure after that for a long time.

Considering there is at least one European marriage and baby born from that same thread here in the lounge, anything is possible.

Go guy go!
    Inspiring.

So, Naomi says she's into alchemy in her last post; I play as a wizard in DnD. Match made in heaven?

Sketchbook: There and Back again Updated- 7/04/12

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    notice how Nim is not commenting, his inbox is probably full up with lady mail. He's busy enjoying the rewards while other less adventurous peeps make jokes about him.
    Go for it Nim!

30. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to onionface For This Useful Post:

BlightedArt is offline That annoying itch you just can't seem to scratch Level 11 Gladiator: Essedarii
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,312 Times in 544 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by onionface View Post
    notice how Nim is not commenting, his inbox is probably full up with lady mail. He's busy enjoying the rewards while other less adventurous peeps make jokes about him.
    Go for it Nim!
    And possibly some guys too. Though they won't get a response.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by JJacks View Post
    If I was just singling you out, I would have quoted you like I am now. I was speaking in general; to the people taking stabs at the poor guy and those who are "biting back."

And yeah, if I were to judge you on that single post, I would say you are immature. I'm sure you're a decent or even good person but that was such an incredibly rude thing to say.
    It was meant to be.

Quote Originally Posted by OmenSpirits View Post
    This is me, laughing at you.
    Watch me laugh my way to the bank, douche.

Go guy go!

Exactly my thoughts. How many babies have been produced from the forums? Hurri seems to be bakin em like crazy.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,122 Times in 871 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by MatthewHD View Post
    Inspiring.

So, Naomi says she's into alchemy in her last post; I play as a wizard in DnD. Match made in heaven?
    Naomi and I surprisingly share A LOT of interests. For example, Icelandic post-rock, cosmic sojourns, and... nude modeling.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Awwe I hope you find one! Also dont be too picky or you might miss out on alot of nice ladies! Best of luck!

Sketchbook Help me improve! Animations
    “To be an animator you have to have a sense of the dramatic, a feel for acting. You have to be a storyteller.”-Marc Davis
    "It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog.” ― Mark Twain
    My peeps
    Oghren Care
    Lakai
    Etern

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    wow I had totally forgotten about this I must've posted it when I was drunk and misplaced the entirety of my boundaries of forum conduct but it's so tragicomical now reading it again (feels rather like first time) that I'm amused by it x)
    hahaha yeah this sounds so desperate but like Ethan said >:)
    Dile_ and others with similar sentiments: cheers!

36. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to nim For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    but having 0 memory of posting this I'm still standing by the original post. I will get a gf who's into cg, ca, computer music or traditional arts or the likes eventually! Thanks for all the defense and encouragement everyone and also I was much amused by the scepticism aswell x) hoping this will turn into some sort of densha otoko thing. I'm hopefully going to some art school this autumn.. will drop a line if something happens and share any tricks I might learn of how to get out of my nerd/asperger shell of quirkiness. x)

oh and for the record: aspergers is a neurotype out of many, a niche in certain mental attributes if you will and to some degree a type of personality, not a hindrance if you sum up all + and - more than some people can't sing and others have no sense of humor. I'd challenge anyone to match my sense of logic and ontological thinking! >:P (j/k)

38. The Following User Says Thank You to nim For This Useful Post:

TASmith is offline Registered User Level 16 Gladiator: Spartacus' Retiarii
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,049 Times in 1,108 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    But without sounding arrogant. I find it's better not to try at all. Because I'm so hopelessly bad at being attractive. Thank god I'm married!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Red face

aw, I'm sure you'll find someone x)
    If I lived in Sweden I would have liked to meet you, but since I live in the faraway land of Canada I can do nothing but dedicate this song to you
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=awUHt...eature=related

(How do I add videos to post I have no idea)

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    he is drawing better NOW than most of you ever will, in your lifetime.

Watch me laugh my way to the bank, douche.
    ...wot?

anyways, CA cock seems relevant here.

(Credit: Jason Rainville's Cock©)

I'm sure Nim is a great guy, and you guys are just being good friends, but...I'm not good art, and I still want to be able to make fun of obviously silly posts. This standard could set up a terrible precedent.

Last edited by Oden; May 14th, 2011 at 01:59 PM.

42. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to Oden For This Useful Post:

+ Show/Hide list of the thanked

Thanks
    Thanked 2,338 Times in 1,203 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Have all the men I require. Now looking for cupcakes. If you have/are a tasty cupcake, let me know.

PS - if you want to meet women, hang out near colleges that give out nursing degrees.

*** Sketchbook * Landscapes * Portfolio * Store***

"There are two kinds of students: the self-taught and the hopeless."
    - Dr. Piotr Rudnicki

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.