Art: bjork
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: bjork

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

bjork

hey... i originally had this in the "progress" forum but i've finished it (and i wasn't getting any replies over there) so i'm moving it to this one...
    i've got 12 hours until it's due so if anyone sees any major flaws -and has any good criticisms that'll help me make it better- i'll still have time to work on it...

a little backgroun info: my assignment was to take a fairytale and create a modern version of it so i came up with: snow white and the 7 bjorks. i've never done such a complete piece before with figures and landscape so this is new to me but i had so much fun working on it the last 4 days...

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    it looks nice, but I think it would have been better to give the dwarves different expressions. They all look much the same, (just the yellow dwarf behind snow white has "it's" eyes closed) Apart from that, I like the coloring, but I think that snow white's hair is too shiny.

later,
    GriNGoLoCo

"Nihil est in intellectu quod non prius in sensu" | SB | Portfolio | FJGC (blog) | DA (Profile) | EJERCICIOS DE COLOR

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hey gringoloco thanks for replying!
    you're absolutely right about the hair! it was really bothering me too...so i got rid of the blue in the highlights and gave the edges of it a green reflection from the firefly guys (because i was losing the hair in the background/tree) and i think it looks a lot better now:

i think you're right about the dwarves too..they're all supposed to look like bjork so i gave them all the same expression i guess because i wasn't sure if they would look the same otherwise and because i liked the creepiness factor of them all looking the same..but maybe it would have been more interesting for them to have different expressions... i dunno!
    thanks for posting though! anyone else??

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    thats kind of a creepy image, but i understand...bjork is good

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I think it looks very good the way it looks now, especially after the hair was changed.
    Looks to have been a lot of work, with all the details.

Only crit.: ....there seems to be a dwarf missing... :eek:

If it's based on snow white and the seven dwarfs I mean.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    nice eyes on bjork. Its a general rule not to crop a figure at the joints. So we have no idea what her hands doing-- it could be scratching the dwarfs back for all we know--- also did you pick this subject to update bjork as snow white to say something about her personality (naive princess type) or was there not any thought put into that--these things are important ya-know. keep up the good work

Sadclown Guest
    Snow white bjork....a whole bunch of midget bjorks...pretty soon the whole forest is going to be singing off key.

disturbing....very disturbing.

very well done tho.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    NG: yes you're right about the dwarf.. i didn't want to bring it up. 8/ .. her head was originally smaller and when i enlarged it it covered one of the elves..i just didn't know where to put the last one so i didn't - but i will! it's going in the left bush.. thanks for commenting!

tyboogie: i didn't know that was a general rule but i looked at it after you mentioned it and you're right..she could be doing anything back there! im not sure how to fix that yet.. maybe bend her arm more so i can show that other hand...

sadclown: thanks! i was shootin for disturbing 8)

thanks for posting guys your critiques have been very helpful

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.