Advice for Outdoor Murals
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: Advice for Outdoor Murals

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Question Advice for Outdoor Murals

Hey, I'm being commissioned to do some outdoor paintings and was wondering about a few things. I'm totally out of my element.

I've only ever used acrylics and oils so my first question would be what would work best on a painted concrete surface? The wall is a little over 5ft tall so something like spray paint might be too much and paint pens may be too small as far as covering the surface I'm assuming.

Also is there anything particualr I should use to seal it from the weather and fading?

Just the general process of preparation and all is all new to me too. Maybe gesso-ing the area I'll work in then painting in oil followed by a sealant would work? Hopefully so.

Thanks,
    LM9

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

dpaint is offline Registered User Level 16 Gladiator: Spartacus' Retiarii
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,878 Times in 2,354 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Use commercial outdoor paint. That is the best thing for outdoor surfaces; it will take the weather reasonably well and you can have it mixed in any color you want. Talk to the people at the paint store so you know how much you need. Make sure you charge enough to cover your materials.
    First prepare the wall fixing any problem areas then paint a cartoon which is a small sketch to scale and then either have it scaled up or scale it up yourself.

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

3. The Following User Says Thank You to dpaint For This Useful Post:

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.