Art: Various GD projects

Join 500,000+ Artists

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thanks
    Thanked 3,153 Times in 1,067 Posts
    Follows
    Following

Various GD projects

I'm teaching myself computer science and programming. I'm making a series of infographics to practice my graphic design and to memorize what I'm learning.

I want to condense it down more and I have a hard time breaking the horizontalness of it.

Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by s.ketch; May 13th, 2011 at 12:44 AM.
    "Astronomy offers an aesthetic indulgence not duplicated in any other field. This is not an academic or hypothetical attraction and should require no apologies, for the beauty to be found in the skies has been universally appreciated for unrecorded centuries."
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,780 Times in 849 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    The text is interesting, even if it doesn't make a lick of sense.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Raoul Duke For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Raoul Duke View Post
    The text is interesting, even if it doesn't make a lick of sense.
    haha. I love Futura. It is my favorite font of all time. I can't stop using it. It's just so clean and modern.

Which part doesn't make sense? Did I get my math wrong? Or is the way I put things too confusing? I would like to distribute these one day so I want to make them understandable. I even had my dad take a look at it online to see if he understood it.

I decided some time the other day to re-do it. I still want something a little more picture-driven rather than walls of text. Still trying to nail it down.

And doing all this in photoshop is a pain. I'm trying to scrounge up a copy of illustrator.

Last edited by s.ketch; May 7th, 2011 at 03:16 PM.
    "Astronomy offers an aesthetic indulgence not duplicated in any other field. This is not an academic or hypothetical attraction and should require no apologies, for the beauty to be found in the skies has been universally appreciated for unrecorded centuries."

6. The Following User Says Thank You to s.ketch For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,780 Times in 849 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    the font is working well. You should use it exclusively and dump the dot matrix. Just please excuse my dear aunt sally if she is looking rough. Math is a different language, like art. If it's helpful to you, then it may be pretty helpful to many. I wouldn't know. I can't judge, I'm no programmer.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Raoul Duke For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    They just look like a wall of text. You really need to be more selective with how much information you try to put on them, i suggest summarizing things. Maybe think of them more as cheat sheets.

You may also want to consider using computer science operators like * and / in the second one, and saying square root is misleading as there are many different roots.

but i think the first one is much more successful.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to mollick2 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Mollick, I didn't even realize I put "square" in front of it. Thanks for pointing it out. And I do plan on working towards computer related syntax once I get through the easy stuff.

I took another trip to the library and read up on stuff. This may be getting too basic but I assume anyone who would read this went to public school. I think it's good to get a refresher on some of the more simple things.

I'm attaching some other stuff that I have done.

The second attachment is an album cover I just completed for a local band. I posted a WIP for it in the Critique Center but since have dropped the fine-art style I was going for. Everything is modified stock. The heart is a heavily modified 3D render from google images. The angels are from a clip art site. The monsters are from medieval drawings. The textures are a mixture of procedural and brushes.

The next one is a desktop wallpaper I was doing for a guy I know. It was just for practice, nothing serious. Everything was made from scratch.

The fourth is a personal wallpaper so I could practice making planets and starfields. The astronauts and texture for the planet are stock. Everything else is procedural.

The last one is the most recent save for the album cover. I was playing around with some new fonts. I tried to make the main text look like hot metal. I just use it as a desktop wallpaper. Everything was procedural.

Last edited by s.ketch; May 13th, 2011 at 01:02 AM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I did another wallpaper for Quantum. Looking back I should have went with one of my other choices for font. I'm using some bastardization of Coke's font. I have some others that are a lot closer to the game textures. I'll probably re-do both one day. I'm glad I played with the texture and grunge a bit more than the last though.

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.