Follows
    Following
    S2 is on already? How did I not know? D:

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Thanked 1,555 Times in 607 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Ok, I said I'd watch an episode, SO I DID.

The episode that I saw was "Look Before You Sleep".

It was an episode. Can anyone name me a good one?

EDIT: Ok, after getting some input I gave 3 other episodes a look.

"Griffon the Brush-Off." A little better.

"Party of One." Wasn't bad.

"Sonic Rainboom" Alright.

Yeah, this show isn't anything different from what I was expecting. It's ok.

Last edited by Psychotime; November 22nd, 2011 at 02:53 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I suppose I would recommend "Suited for success", it was my introduction episode. The whole premise of that episode is something that we as artists relate to quite a bit.

Jordan Beeston
    Sketchbook Livestream Infinity Wars
    Blessed are they who see beautiful things in humble places where other people see nothing. - Camille Pissarro

Quote Originally Posted by kev ferrara View Post
    We do transmutational yoga and eat alchemy sandwiches and ride flying unicorns of esoteric freudian solipsism while googling anthropology. Whee!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Haha, given what I've seen already, Rarity is the most unlikeable character on the show, so I really can't say I can truly relate to whatever crap she puts herself into. I more or less WANT bad crap to happen to her.

But yeah, this show just isn't for me. It's not bad, though.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Egads!... I thought this was a joke thread... But apparently it's legit!... :3

Anyways, the voice actor for Rainbow Dash/Applejack is also a lead singer of a band here in Vancouver and I'm kinda addicted to their new song... :p

LONG LIVE YOKO KANNO!!!

Carnifex is offline Registered User Level 17 Gladiator: Spartacus' Dimachaeri
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,061 Times in 830 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Psychotime View Post
    Haha, given what I've seen already, Rarity is the most unlikeable character on the show, so I really can't say I can truly relate to whatever crap she puts herself into. I more or less WANT bad crap to happen to her.

But yeah, this show just isn't for me. It's not bad, though.
    that's the thing though, this episode is probably the first to slowly shift your impression of her.

Sketchbook

Sketchbooks of inspiration:
    Marc Taro|Maxetormer|ZhuZhu|Jeri|Dobu]

Always think about:
    lighting! design! perspective! proportion!
    And (self)motivation is still everything.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    OMG, Rarity is unlikable? Sorry, but no way. She may be vain but she's always handled as an artist and a businesswoman, not a vapid fashion victim. She doesn't wear what society says is cool, she makes her own clothes according to her own ideas and markets them, running a one-mare-show very successfully.

Maybe she's a bit shallow and silly at times, but all of the characters have flaws. (If Rarity is in any way unlikable, I declare Rainbow Dash to be unlikable for her jock-ness and self-centredness, but those are just parts of her that make her who she is.)

Check these out too:
    Rotor - GoGoJoJo

"Limited drawing skills are OK if they are offset by a fearless commitment to putting images on paper."

"I mean, What is a chair? It's an anti-gravity device." Glen Keane

"The difficult part is continuously realizing when you've stopped enjoying the process, and re-aligning yourself. It's kind of like meditation/being an art ninja..." ceddo

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    She may be vain but she's always handled as an artist and a businesswoman,
    In which episode? "Look Before You Sleep" and "Sonic Rainboom" (the only episodes I saw that had her important to the plot) showed her as a self centered pretentious snob who likes having arbitrary rationales to look down on others and wants to be the center of attention.

I GUESS "Suited for Success" is about the artist and businesswoman angle you're talking about, but I only gave the episode a minute or two. I felt no urge to continue because I already gave the series 2 hours of my time, and I concluded that it wasn't something I liked enough to watch anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Kjesta View Post
    not a vapid fashion victim.
    When on earth did I say that? Are you talking to someone else?

Maybe she's a bit shallow and silly at times
    That's not a maybe. That's all I ever saw from the character.

If Rarity is in any way unlikable, I declare Rainbow Dash to be unlikable for her jock-ness and self-centredness, but those are just parts of her that make her who she is.
    Rainbow Dash certainly isn't self centered, given what I saw in "Griffon the Brush-Off". What's "jock-ness?"

Carnifex is offline Registered User Level 17 Gladiator: Spartacus' Dimachaeri
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,061 Times in 830 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    can't help you if you don't like it. each character has their ups and downs, but believe me when i say rarity is refreshingly different from what you initially might perceive her as.

Sketchbook

Sketchbooks of inspiration:
    Marc Taro|Maxetormer|ZhuZhu|Jeri|Dobu]

Always think about:
    lighting! design! perspective! proportion!
    And (self)motivation is still everything.

TinyBird is offline Why you gotta be an angry burd Level 16 Gladiator: Spartacus' Retiarii
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,654 Times in 1,618 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    OMG, Rarity is unlikable? Sorry, but no way. She may be vain but she's always handled as an artist and a businesswoman, not a vapid fashion victim.
    ...Mind you, but even is she is handled as an artist and businesswoman, it doesn't automatically mean she'd be likeable to everyone. And then you basically go on to saying that if you find one character unlikeable (of reasons that Psychotime didn't even say as far as I know) then you should find the other ones too? Personal likes and dislikes do affect a lot here (I'm sure everyone here has at least one character [of any series] that they dislike that others like), so...

"I eat comics and poop stylization"
    Comic!
    Sketchbook (Critiques, no compliments please.)
    Tumblr
    Website
    Livejournal
    DeviantArt

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by TinyBird View Post
    ...Mind you, but even is she is handled as an artist and businesswoman, it doesn't automatically mean she'd be likeable to everyone. And then you basically go on to saying that if you find one character unlikeable (of reasons that Psychotime didn't even say as far as I know) then you should find the other ones too? Personal likes and dislikes do affect a lot here (I'm sure everyone here has at least one character [of any series] that they dislike that others like), so...
    I didn't intend so say it like that, sorry if it came across as such. I was trying to point out why I personally think Rarity is not unrelatable at all because usually her role would be the chick whose tastes are determined by society and who's totally vain, which is not how she is treated at all. So she may be a lot of things but I don't find her unapproachable at all.

Besides, I never said I didn't like Rainbow Dash. I say that there are things one could easily dislike about her but they are part of her character and flaws that are balanced by her good traits.

Sorry that it came out badly, I've had very little sleep and food for the past two weeks, my brain was kind of muddled typing it.

Check these out too:
    Rotor - GoGoJoJo

"Limited drawing skills are OK if they are offset by a fearless commitment to putting images on paper."

"I mean, What is a chair? It's an anti-gravity device." Glen Keane

"The difficult part is continuously realizing when you've stopped enjoying the process, and re-aligning yourself. It's kind of like meditation/being an art ninja..." ceddo

TinyBird is offline Why you gotta be an angry burd Level 16 Gladiator: Spartacus' Retiarii
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,654 Times in 1,618 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Besides, I never said I didn't like Rainbow Dash. I say that there are things one could easily dislike about her but they are part of her character and flaws that are balanced by her good traits.
    Yeah, I didn't assume you personally didn't like Rainbow Dash, but even still, personal likes and dislikes tend to play such a huge part with what character you like or dislike that things like that don't necessarily affect the personal opinion. I like some characters that are unbalanced and flat, and I like some characters that are well written and balanced and all between, and though I can say "X is a really flat character with no redeeming qualities" I can still like them because there's just something that I like, even if they really aren't well written as characters.

Like you personally said, you personally find Rarity likeable and can relate to her and I'm sure so will many others, but not everyone will.

Last edited by TinyBird; November 30th, 2011 at 09:06 AM.
    "I eat comics and poop stylization"
    Comic!
    Sketchbook (Critiques, no compliments please.)
    Tumblr
    Website
    Livejournal
    DeviantArt

Thanks
    Thanked 1,911 Times in 832 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Last edited by tobbA; December 3rd, 2011 at 10:09 AM.
    "I've got ham, but I'm not a hamster"

Sketchy Link

Portfolio

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Don't know if it has been posted here before or not, but I stumbled onto this Blog post of the old (I think) "My Little Pony" toys, where people have taken it upon themselves to customise them. For instance, there is a Boba Fett Pony and a Pony Encased in Carbonite. My personal fav is the Xenomorph pony.

I thought I'd share the link with you MLP lovers because I thought you might get a kick out of it: http://www.buzzfeed.com/rebeccae/my-...pony-for-geeks

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.