Style and color comments, plz!!!

View testimonialsView Artwork
test
test
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Style and color comments, plz!!!

I made this illustration in collaboration with Stacey Owens, a model, poet, writer, diva... I meet at DeviantArt. As well as beeing an amazing bombshell, she is a talented writer, able to create a whole universe that combines retro-sci-fi, philosophy and deep surreal thoughts.
    Is hard to put all this inner world in one single image, so I used icons to represent the struggle of the character Staceytron against dogamtic points of view.
    About the technicall aspects of the image, I made a quick pencil sketch, clean it in Flash and finished in PS. Since the Staceytron world is that rich and mental, I uesd that acid colors that separate the image form reality, and used the exagerated perspectives that I like a lot!!

I would love to know your opinion about the image: color, compo, anatomy, etc...!!!!

P.D.: Sorry for my bad "engrish"!!! ^__^

Attached Images Attached Images  
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I find the stroke around everything's rim kind of annoying because of how it does not continue on overlapping objects like where her leg crosses over the hose. I'm also unclear as to why her visor has a soft edge when everything else in the image has hard edges.

The hose is in about the worst possible positions. When she's facing forward it would wrap around the far side of her head come down over her near shoulder and then swing up between her legs. I know you're going for aesthetics, but that's so glaringly awkward it just loses it right there for me.

All the cubes are cubes except for the one under her near side foot, which is squished clearly because it did not fit in the image properly when it was a full cube. It looks like you took the quick/lazy solution of squishing the cube instead of working a solution to allow it to be like the others.

Good start though.

"...To spend my life relentlessly producing instead of sedately consuming..." -xkcd

My site: www.truepinkas.com

Slowly populating my It's Finally Finished thread!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,196 Times in 870 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Something about the upper body position makes it look like it's not centered over the pelvis, although the big sweep of the legs obscures it a bit.

Her left calf is way too short compared to the upper leg, making it look squished.

Can't say I'm a huge fan of the top of the closer box being tilted toward the viewer quite so much. A little would be fine, but going extreme makes it look awkward.

The Nezumi Works Sketchbook - Now in progress

My online portfolio

Bloggity blog

"Skill is the result of trying again and again, applying our ability and proving our knowledge as we gain it. Let us get used to throwing away the unsuccessful effort and doing the job over. Let us consider obstacles as something to be expected in any endeavor; then they won't seem quite so insurmountable or so defeating." - Andrew Loomis

Thanks
    Thanked 2,689 Times in 1,646 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Also, as there already is some highlights in the girl, they could be more green, as if they'd be the reflected light from those cubes chasing her. Now it looks like they are two unrelated images slapped together (unless that is what it's supposed be, and not an actual chase-scene).

"I eat comics and poop stylization"
    Comic!
    Sketchbook (Critiques, no compliments please.)
    Tumblr
    Website
    Livejournal
    DeviantArt

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    [B]Thank yo all for the feedback!!!

TRUEPINKAS: About the stroke, you ar right. I'll try to make it bigger. I think that bigger will look more as a frame for the image and not an oultine of the elements. The blur of the visor is because inside the helmet is a black hole, but I see that does not work fine. I'll look for another solution. The hose is uncomfortable, indeed XD but I like how the golden line corsses over her chest, so... I think is ok for me!!! ^__^ And you are totally right about the cube, is ugly!!! ^___^

Nezumi works: Thanks!! !I knoe everything looks distorted here, but is something I was looking for. Is all about desgin, and did not pay too much attention to anatomy or realism. Anyway, I agree that the nearest box is f*****ng ugly!!! XD I'm gonna redarw it as soon as i find the Flash archive in the mess of my hard disk.

Tinybird Thanks!!!! You are totally right!!! I have to light her in green!!!! Thanks!!!

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.