The War Room, a modern version of war related art?
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: The War Room, a modern version of war related art?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Question The War Room, a modern version of war related art?

A swedish culture program brought up an interresting side of the recent news, how the picture of the "war room" from the bin ladin operation represents a modern take on the kind of well-compositioned war representations in classic art.

Looking at it initially, the photo was interresting and i think its going to be the iconic shot of that event more than any other, but after the news piece ive been looking at it more with regards to composition, having been through one of the CA downloads specifically about just that.

I thought it was interresting to see a lot of what Manley talks about in regards to composition in this photo, and I would love to hear what other people with more knowledge about composition and art in general thinks about this. Looking at it from a critical artistic perspective, what do you think about this image?

I think the image has good examples of things like balance, how the bare, uncluttered area over biden and obama is contrasted with the clutter of people around hilary. It has repetition, in the lines of computers for example, it has variation of facial experessinos and poses. it has some interresting implied lines going towards both the president, Hillary and the man in the uniform. it has the various rythms of the heads, and that almost uniform stare at something outside of the picture, aside from the woman in the background who almost seems to be looking somewhere else and the man in the uniform who distinctly is looking at his monitor.

Enough ranting, what do you think about this?

image copyright of Pete Souza/AP as far as i could find.

Attached Images Attached Images  
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    it's a snob shot but the picture is somewhat interesting.

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.