Page 1 of 49 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast
    Thanks

It's a Secret to Everbody! * \□/* Psychobuddys Sketchbook

Hello all! Check the last pages for new stuff ^_^
    Last edited by Psychobuddy; December 9th, 2012 at 10:22 PM.

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Hi everyone, I'm back for a very tiny update. Here are some more figure drawings...like I said tiny. Anyway I've been trying to improve my line quality and go with "flowing" strokes instead of scratchy sketchy lines. I suppose it's sort of working. So yeah onto the art. I should be back with another update later today!

Thanks
    I love that first image, reminds me of a lot of fantasy stuff - planning on giving it colour?

Looking forward to seeing more.
    "Stress causes baldness but if you pay too much attention to keeping your stress levels down
    it'll stress you out even more so there's really nothing we can do about it after all."

Thanks
    Hey man. Looking good. Just my two cents- watch your linework in those figure drawings. It helps to keep your lines decisive.

Think about how the form can be abbreviated or simplified with the line, think of the type of curve, the length of it. Then, you put the line down in one fell swoop. Keep your mind and your hand loose.

If need be, you can go over the line again. But it's always decisive, never doubtful.

This'll help in all your drawings. Not just figure drawing. You can construct your lines to interlock seamlessly to express form with weight and mass, even without the aid of value.

Post more man!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Waikien For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Toraneko: Thanks man, I was thinking high fantasy cheesy 80's concept when I did it. Only in a more modern way.

Waikien: I'm making a conscious effort to do just that, it's difficult though, I've never really trusted myself and most of the time I think every line I put down is crap. It's just recently that I started to gain more confidence in my ability...hence the sketchbook. Anyway thanks for the crits, I'll work on it!

Anyway more art as promised, this time noses, legs, and a few arms, none of them are very good though...

Thanks
    Today is a bad art day, so far I've only been able to do a few figures and paint a crappy onion. I have real trouble keeping crisp edges when I paint, if anyone has some advice it would be really appreciated! So yeah on to the art:

Thanks
    I'm still starting to tame the digital realm but something I do when my edges get all fuzzy is I'll color pick the color outside of what I'm painting and use a smaller brush to cut in on the edges of the object I'm painting. So for the onion I'd color pick white make my brush smaller and then knock out the fuzzy edge of the onion a bit.

Otherwise just experimenting with brushes and opacities and doing things in as broad strokes as possible right from the beginning.

Yet again I'm just a beginner, maybe someone with a lot more experience than me will have better advice (that I'll gladly listen to as well!)

Thanks
    hum , i like the anatomy studies , try to play with values more .
    On And On , I Am Cursed To Live Cursed With Life Until I Have Done What Done What Must Be Done . . . I Am The Man Who Would Not Die .

Thanks
    Howdy ladles and gentlespoons, how's everyone doing? Been awhile since my last update, been studying a lot! Making some improvement...a little. So yeah I'll upload a selection of images...I have more my scanner is just pissing me of, apparently it only feels like scanning pieces of what I put in it. What good is a slice of something really?!? Oh and some responses too, I've got to do those, here we go!

Tides: Thanks for the help mate. Tried it helped out! By the way your nebulas are insane!

raminafshari: Thanks! I always welcome compliments. And yeah I really need to work on my values more...

Edit: Ergh! That's a big carrot, give me one sec...

Thanks
    Beautiful studies! Really precise, I wish I could do them as good!

I also like your digital character!
    And your catchy title
    Sketchbook
    Now crit the shit out of me!

Thanks
    Hey everyone...it seems I've taken to doing weekly updates. Anyway here's a selection of studies over the past week: To pages of Bridgman legs and a figure study. The digital one was a little over an hour so at least I'm getting quicker. I probably should have finished it but I had other studies to do. Anyway on to the more important things, I started this sketchbook to help motivate myself...and while it has do to my lovely scanner, if you've read through my comments you know it hates me, a lot of the traditional studies I do don't get posted...which is unfortunate. I'd really like to update this daily, to me daily updates means more crits which translates to more improvement. Anyway what I'm trying to say is I'm going to try and do a lot more digital stuff...so I can get better at that as well as post more here. So yeah, I've got 4 months before school starts again and I'm going to try my best to get as good as I can before I loose a lot of this studying time. Anyway if you read this good for you, it seems like it's going to be really long...I never have any idea how long my posts are going to be...but I digress, on to the art!

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Psychobuddy For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    So much for daily updates...
    here's a sketchbook page from today. Hopefully it looks alright, took it with my camera.

Thanks
    Too bad, the phone picture isn't really clear. But what i've seen so far is good in my opinion! You have a good 'line'

Thanks
    Really like your sketches, esp the latest anatomy studies.

Thanks
    Good work since I was last here. Moar paintings!

Page 1 of 49 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast